• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today makes a mock website to see if you'd been drafted for Vietnam

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

I never new draft selection was done by birthday, I always thought it was via SS#

I wonder if people born on February 29th were automatically disqualified due to the selection process.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Would have been drafted. Probably would have dodged.

MIMIC

Banned
NPweBqZ.png

Well damn

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 4 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Queue up my 'Nam soundtrack and start up the Huey.

Finaj

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Ha!

Saganator

Fuuucckkk that. 1970 too, right at the tail end when anti-war was at its highest. Hopefully I'd luck out and and get there just to turn around and go back home.

WAS CALLED IN 1970
If your birthday was just 2 days later, your draft number would not have been called

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I would have gone in 1970... #135...

That sucks.

Bossniak

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.

Never win the lotto anyway!

Makonero

Literally safe by one day, as was my brother. But who knows, I might have signed up back then. The whole culture was different.

Van

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called
March 12 bois for lyfeee

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rickyson1

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 3 days later, your draft number would have been called.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
put in my birthday so it can help fill out your tracking data?

nice try, USA today

138, called in 1970. I had a really weird emotional reaction to that I wasn't expecting. My father avoided Vietnam because he was married with a small child (me). I knew a few hippie family friends who deliberately flunked their physicals. It's so odd to contemplate compulsory military service, particularly during a war. The current American attitude towards military intervention would be a lot different if the draft were still in place.

Allforce

I'd love to see some alternate history with the US trying to pull this shit today. So many people would just flip them the bird and tell them to pound sand.

How many people got throw in prison for refusing to serve back then?

Top Bottom