• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today makes a mock website to see if you'd been drafted for Vietnam

TalonJH

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Turok_TTZ

I got drafted. 2 days away from not being drafted.

Jokes on them. I would have made sure me and my men were involved in Vietnam. As a security contractor/pmc, Vietnam would have been easy yet outrageous money for me.

No way I'd miss out on that slice of the cold war pie.

CrewShadow

"YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called."

Well That Sucks..

My number would've been called, missed it by being born 3 days late.

Wg1Re.gif

EDIT: And then I realized I'm Canadian, so idk what difference this makes.

Put in some of my friends and my brother's birthday...all drafted. Me, missed out. That's a damn moral dilemma, I think I would've enlisted if that played out.

Usobuko

Banned
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

I have always been lucky I guessed.

Got drafted. 2 days away from avoiding it.

I wonder what it was like for people back then to never know if they were about to be shipped off to boot camp. Must have been nerve-racking.

If we ever need to use the draft again, I'm probably just gonna willingly join so I can at least pick what I want to do.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

I'm a woman anyway so brb takin ur job while u fight, but this is interesting.

Top Bottom