• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today makes a mock website to see if you'd been drafted for Vietnam

Would've been called in 1970 according to this site, and apparently if born 2 days earlier it would not have been called.

W/e

Feel like usa today is cashing in on that Ken Burns relationship

robochimp

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Whew.

Heysoos

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Close.

casnix

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Whew..

Luckily my wife and daughter wouldn't have been drafted either if they would have drafted women.

Assanova

What's with all of the one day earlier or later in 1970? What is the methodology for choosing which numbers were called and when?

Motst people in military don't see the frontline anyway.

Sadly I was once drafted as tank driver so my expected life time in a Cold War conflict would have been a few minutes.

Kaizer

Banned
Your Draft Number
Was Not Called In 1970.
If Your Birthday Was Just 1 Day Earlier, Your Draft Number Would Have Been Called.

YEAHHHHHHH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

MUnited83

For you.
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER

WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

ಠ_ಠ

robochimp

What's with all of the one day earlier or later in 1970? What is the methodology for choosing which numbers were called and when?

Each month and date combo for 1950 birthdays was assigned a random number. They then randomly picked from those numbers.

If your birthday was April 4th and you missed by a day later it means April 5th was picked.

charpunk

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 11 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Welp.

geomon

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Fuck.

What happened if you didn't report for your draft?

You were a draft dodger which was/is against the law (was because there's no draft anymore)

It carried up to a 5 year prison sentence though often wasn't that much. There were also numerous ways to avoid the draft legally, like on religious grounds, being a consientious objector to the war, or, interestingly, if you were a homosexual.

frontovik

Banned
Your draft number
was not called in 1970.

If your birthday was just 5 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 8 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Mom and Dad would have fucked me over.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

I never win anything. Honestly would probably end up going instead of trying to dodge the draft or leave the country.

Missed it by two days.

Now I'm the perfect storm of things they don't want in the military: I'm incredibly flat footed, crohns inflicted, 10 years past 18, and I hold multiple sociology degrees that make me critical and disgusted by the military institution.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Mine was #80. Looks like I'd have been Canada bound...

Looks like I'd have been Canada bound...

tekumseh
image.php

Media

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days later, your draft number would not have been called.

Jokes on them, I don't have a penis.

Top Bottom