• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today makes a mock website to see if you'd been drafted for Vietnam

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 8 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

spoopy

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 8 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

spoopy

I think you're the first person in this thread to get a number > 4 days earlier/later.
(I didn't check / haven't been keeping track, just general impression)

When's your birthday?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Guess I would have been sneaking into Canada then.

witness

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER 187 WAS CALLED IN 1970.

If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called

Fuck that's terrifying.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it makes since most people are 3 days or less away from being drafted or not drafted, given it was a full on lottery. Mine is 1 day away from not being drafted.

What a sad dumb thing. Can you even say anything was accomplished by that draft and war?

Code:
Your draft number
was not called in 1970.

If your birthday was just 3 days later, your draft number would have been called.

Alright.

"Fortunate Son" plays while getting into Huey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
lezXUTo.jpg

Draft Number 11, called in 1970.

If my birthday was one day earlier I would not have been called, some shitty luck.

Good thing I wasn’t born in 1950 lmao.

Novoitus

Banned
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

:(

Steejee

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 3 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

=======

Daaaaaamn.

RiouV

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Phew.

Kill3r7

334 was not drafted, missed it by 4 days.

Although it looks like my younger brother would have been drafted. In which case I would have volunteered.

DrSlek

Safe by 2 days.

I recall my dad telling me his number came up, but then then Australia withdrew from the war shortly after. He felt pretty lucky.

Welfare

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 3 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Necro

Banned
35 and in 1970 -_- That's like the whole fucking war if I don't get my cap split coming off the plane i'm fucking 6'7

Beartruck

Fuuuuuuck.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Xe4

Banned
Nope. No draft for me : )

I had two uncles sign up cause they didn't want to get drafted (you get better positions if you sign up), though. My dad avoided the draft but had the possibility of being called if the draft had continued for longer.

Crazy to think about, a draft for the Vietnam war.

I'm glad the means of the draft is in place, but the only time I'm glad it was used was in the civil war and WWII. World ending kind of shit.

webkatt

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Is this a test for WWIII?

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.

IT AINT ME
IT AINT MEEE

grimmiq

Your draft number
was not called in 1970.

If your birthday was just 3 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

holy shit

ericexpo

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Did my birthday, was not called in.
Did my older brother birthday, was not called in.
Did my little brother birthday, was called in...shit.

Luckily he was born in the 90s and not living in the US.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 10 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.
tenor.gif

See you guys in bootcamp....

Top Bottom