• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today makes a mock website to see if you'd been drafted for Vietnam

Draft number 97 was called in 1970 if I was born three days earlier I would not have been called.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

CDX

Drafted. 1 day earlier I wouldn't have been. :(

Can my local draft board quickly grant me conscientious objector status like George RR Martin got. With the reasoning being that conscientious objector status will be punishment enough because it will brand me a coward for life and ruin my entire life, so they'll give it to anyone that asks, just like they reasoned George RR Martin? Cause I'll take it. Could I be so lucky to have a local draft board like that?

Or was being gay enough to get out of that draft in 1970? Cause I am gay. So that would work for me too.

If not to either , HELLO CANADA!

Loxley

Fuck, #26, called in 1970. Would have been spared two days earlier.

If my number was seriously that low I would have saved myself the stress and just enlisted in the Navy before I could be called.

Armaros

Your draft umber was 142.
You were called in 1970

If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Son of a bitch. >.<

Kite

Hah joke is on you, i voluntarily enlisted and chose Finance as my MOS (job). I'm not really seeing much if any combat~

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER

WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

WedgeX

Banned
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

I imagine Iraq would have ended officially long ago had the draft been reinstated instead of the Bush administration using Stop Loss to keep service members in.

I had considered the Marine Corps prior to college...but Iraq happened before I graduated high school.

Draft Number 6, was totally called. Interestingly my two friends both would've been called as well, but my little brother would've slipped out.

1969 | Vietnam War Draft Lottery

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.

Such a scary fucking thought.

"If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called."

Safe by two hours.

(and by being born decades too late. and by not being a man.)

My dad's draft number did get called, but the army doctor told him he only had a year to live, he didn't go to war. (He's still alive and very healthy.) He's both extremely glad he lucked out of not going and bothered by the thought of the person who had to go in his place...

Windam

Scaley member
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Plus I'm Canadian.

Anung

Un Rama
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.

Good job I wasn't born in the 50's I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Up yours, RNG!

:(

Had a couple great uncles get called in the draft, too.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 3 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

x.x

Top Bottom