• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using VPN to access NFL Gamepass in North America (alternative to DTV's $300 stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miked808

Same here and the same thing happened on the Thurs. game. It will let you watch the NFL Network Redzone feed if you click on the "Watch Now" link on the GamePass home page.

So I tried to create a new vpn connection following the steps that worked fine last night, this is the message I get:

The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec tunnel, the security parameters required for IPsec negotiation might not be configured properly.

Wads

Banned
I keep getting Erro 806. Something about Generic Routing Encapsilation. I opened the port for PPT, but still get the error... :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So I tried to create a new vpn connection following the steps that worked fine last night, this is the message I get:

The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec tunnel, the security parameters required for IPsec negotiation might not be configured properly.

sammmmeeeeee. Anybody?

I can't get it to work. I've tried Hola and the one listed on the last page and it asks me to pay for the season when doing through a dutch VPN.

Godslay

Banned
The fucking Sunday Ticket site is dead. Of course these idiots don't have the server capacity for all of those Madden codes they sold recently. What a joke.

Mine has been working all morning, without a hitch. Got four games going right now. Using the code that came with Madden, not this workaround.

Ronabo

The VPN stuff isn't working anymore. I think too many people are hammering what NL servers there are out there now.

It did work earlier this morning. I watched a bit of the Broncos game from the other day.

muteant

people who are having the error 800 issue: try creating a new vpn connection; don't try to connect using a previously-created nlfreevpn.com connection. dunno why creating a new one worked for me but it did, i was getting the same problem before doing so.

Ace 8095

I connected using Kepard. Just keep changing ip until you find one that works.

Doing the Dirty Bird may increase your chances.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
people who are having the error 800 issue: try creating a new vpn connection; don't try to connect using a previously-created nlfreevpn.com connection. dunno why creating a new one worked for me but it did, i was getting the same problem before doing so.

Not workin unfortunately :-/

hlhbk

The VPN stuff isn't working anymore. I think too many people are hammering what NL servers there are out there now.

It did work earlier this morning. I watched a bit of the Broncos game from the other day.

Please post correctly. The VPN is not working for certain servers. VPN in general is working, and the NL servers on my VPN are working just fine. You can also sign up in other countries to watch the games and pay. My initial reason for posting this VPN solution was not for people to get the stuff for free, it was to sign up, pay for it, and show the NFL the market is there to bring the gamepass service to the USA.

RdN

can you post a screen shot of how you have the vpn set up? Like the screen where you enter the Internet Address, and the next screen where you put in the password/username?

I got it to work.

I'm on Windows 8, and when I created the VPN Connection following your instructions, it set the "Type of VPN" automatically to IKEv2. That doesn't work.

So, I went to Network and Internet > Network Connections > Proprierties on the VPN I created > Security > Type of VPN and set it to Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).

After that, it connected without a hitch, and now I'm watching the Patriots game in glorious HD.

Thanks !

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
can you post a screen shot of how you have the vpn set up? Like the screen where you enter the Internet Address, and the next screen where you put in the password/username?

I have no idea what happened, but it worked for me.... maybe it's a firewall?

Telaso

Banned
I must be completely retarded. I cannot figure out where to get the password for nlfreevpn.com at. Either mine is messed up or I should turn in my internet card forever.....

Edit: It finally showed up. Ok hopefully it was just the site and not me.....

JambiBum

I'm using kepard just fine now. Seems to work perfectly in firefox. Turned it on, picked a game, let it load, then disconnected and now I have 1080p quality.

KingGondo

Banned
Working like a champ for me. Private Internet Access, HDMI to Mini DisplayPort adapter, and a wireless mouse from my couch.

Just wish the Browns were playing better.

Foob

do the streams keep freezing for anyone else? I'm able to watch maybe 5 minutes and then without fail every time it freezes and I have to back out and start the process over

hlhbk

do the streams keep freezing for anyone else? I'm able to watch maybe 5 minutes and then without fail every time it freezes and I have to back out and start the process over

Been streaming all afternoon at max quality on wireless without issue.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I am connected to an NL VPN with an NL IP address. Then I go to NFL Game pass and the only thing that it plays is the NFL Network. It says BLACK OUT next to all of the games. Its been like this since week 3 of the preseason. Anyone have any ideas what I need to change?

Nevermind i figured it out.

hlhbk

I think the stream is even better quality this year than last. I think its pretty safe to say its HD no?

For those trying Sunday ticket's stream how was the experience/quality?

Amagon

I'm getting this error when trying to login.

pmxVvSrl.png

CobbFC09

I appreciate the help, and follow those instructions in the link as well but received a new error.

Well, if there is a alternative, let me know. Thanks!
Did you try using http://www.anonymox.net/

It was posted earlier in the thread. Just download the Firefox add-on and make it "active". Go to nflgamepass site, load up a game, then disconnect and watch.

I think it is because of this: http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/fox-international-channels-scores-nfl-rights-for-parts-of-europe/

We need to find another country that doesn't have NFL TV rights now. Apparently both Argentina and New Zealand were free last season as well, but unfortunately Hola Unblocker doesn't offer them as options.

It's still free in New Zealand this season, as i'm in NZ and was watching games last week. We do have games shown live every week on ESPN, so not sure being free is anything to do with TV rights/coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom