• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using VPN to access NFL Gamepass in North America (alternative to DTV's $300 stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the help, and follow those instructions in the link as well but received a new error.

ZJ2fH8Il.png

Well, if there is a alternative, let me know. Thanks!

Are you using Chrome Icognito? I was having issues prior to that.

Lkr

Never happen while directv has control.

directv doesn't have "control". the nfl decides everything. they get more money with the deal directv brings to the table appparently. similar to how it isn't ea's fault they have the exclusive rights for nfl games. the nfl wanted to sell them to the top bidder and they bid the highest.

anyway, it looks like the nfl might have fixed the loophole if you were using it to connect, load up video, and then disconnect.

browndoom

Anyone else using VyprVPN and not able to get internet after connecting to Amersterdam? I can connect to other clusters just fine and get internet, but not Amsterdam. Possibly my ISP blocking it?

Edit: apparently changing the protocol worked. Didn't like PPTP or whatever.

mhi

Looks the stream does a check frequently now so turning the VPN off doesnt work

Edit: try hola unblocker or anonymx

JdFoX187

Banned
Figured it out. Go to http://www.flyvpn.com/ and you can download their client and use their free login names to go to the New Zealand VPN. It's only 20 minutes, but it works long enough to get the game loaded. I haven't been disconnected yet, so it's working thus far.

Telaso

Banned
Watching the Bucs/Cards right now. I use nlfreevpn, and then use firefox for the video.

My chrome started acting up two weeks ago so ive been using firefox for it since then. Works great.

zychi

Banned
Anyone get this to work today? I can get to the gamepass site but when I click watch on a video it just spins and spins.

I've used it every week so far perfectly. Quad box, and a second window with full screen game. Used the nlfreevpn tutorial to do it. When its spinning, I cut the vpn off, it loads up the stream, perfect hd.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Is there anyway to use this for the baseball playoffs?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Nope, works just fine, just logged in via my ipad - and it showed up normally. They won't show anything until the game starts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Nope, works just fine, just logged in via my ipad - and it showed up normally. They won't show anything until the game starts.

What VPN? I'm using anonymx and it just gives me a weird subscribe option, but it's free. You have to enter all your info and CC info too.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Private internet access, it's great because it's gives a VPN for tablets and a proxy for computer, can have them both going on game day. Sometimes I get the subscription required notice and I have to restart and reconnect and it will work.

Had some problems early today with the server not being recognized. So I just edited the properties by taking the "http" out of the server name, and just using "nlfreevpn.com"

working fine now

Phreak47

Look up a little something called adfreetime

$1.99/month
DNS, not VPN. Just create static DNS. No slowdowns.
Netflix region selector
No regional blackouts on major sports (NHL Gamecenter, MLB.tv, etc)
and, yes... they do route through NL for NFL Gamepass!

You're welcome.

The only catch with this is you cannot use it over 3g/4g, since you need static DNS settings.

But at home? Just add the static DNS entries into your router, and boom... you entire home network is ready to rock.

Phreak47

One more addendum to my last post...

If you go to sign up to NHL GameCenter Live while already connected through adfreetime, the price is magically lowered from $159 to $99 for the entire season! Awwwwwwwww yeah.

Rekwest

Look up a little something called adfreetime

$1.99/month
DNS, not VPN. Just create static DNS. No slowdowns.
Netflix region selector
No regional blackouts on major sports (NHL Gamecenter, MLB.tv, etc)
and, yes... they do route through NL for NFL Gamepass!

You're welcome.

The only catch with this is you cannot use it over 3g/4g, since you need static DNS settings.

But at home? Just add the static DNS entries into your router, and boom... you entire home network is ready to rock.

https://adfreetime.com/

Thanks.

Phreak47

I used adfreetime. Works like a charm on my laptop; not so much on my iPad. Still, $2/month for Redzone can't be beat!

Yup, watching it now, and I'm getting the highest quality video, no freezes or slowdowns whatsoever. Not so sure why it wouldn't work on your ipad if you are at home... if you set the static DNS addresses in your router, everything in your home network should work... unless, there's already a compatibility issue with the streaming?

So glad I discovered adfreetime a couple days ago, because I was about to sign up for unblockus... but they are $5 a month and they DON'T support nfl gamepass.

I'll also be watching my Kings game in a few minutes... screw you cable companies! No more blackouts! FWAHAHA!

Tedesco!

I should have been specific. I can't watch NFL Game Pass because it requires I download an app not available in the US.

Phreak47

I should have been specific. I can't watch NFL Game Pass because it requires I download an app not available in the US.

Ah... yeah on Android the app store won't let you download it (just tells you it's incompatible) but you can download the apk elsewhere and side load it. You might be able to do the same thing on an ipad but it would have to be jailbroken.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Trying to watch the game tonight and the Netherlands site now is asking for a subscription. Anyone else having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom