• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve announces DotA 2

3chopl0x said:
No! lol, I was just trying to point out how meaningless his 'confirmation' is when anyone could say that :p

yeah i guess. but information is so rare on DOTA2 that people believe anything ^^ this news has gone viral since it was posted today xD

Marsipolami said:
The translation of the various DotA 2 editions has begun!

So did Valve release the stuff that needs to be translated on the Steam Translation Server?

Anyways, this is looking good for a release rather soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be released in October after a short beta phase for those who have a Steam account.

Hex

Banned
Red Garruk, Chandra, and a female Jace?

6FnbV.jpg

So, I'm guessing Dota2 is going to be more like HON than LOL. Am I correct in making that assumption? Doesn't sound like the game is being streamlined in any way, but instead things like tutorials and matchmaking are going to be used to get new players up to snuff?

Personally I'm was hoping for a Valve style TF2 treatment for Dota, but that's alright.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Mr. B Natural said:
So, I'm guessing Dota2 is going to be more like HON than LOL. Am I correct in making that assumption? Doesn't sound like the game is being streamlined in any way, but instead things like tutorials and matchmaking are going to be used to get new players up to snuff?

Pretty much, yeah.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Mr. B Natural said:
From everything that has been said this is the case.

Mr. B Natural said:

Personally I'm was hoping for a Valve style TF2 treatment for Dota, but that's alright.

good news if thats true

Top Bottom