• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve files trademark for... [Update: And Logo]

LilZippa

half_life_3___i_want_to_believe_by_tadeu_costa-d6nf29t.jpg

This is what I expected after reading the op.

Nafai1123

Banned
Hey for all those Redditors reading this thread. How does it feel not being able to post or downvote anything?

YOUR KARMA MEANS NOTHING HERE.

iNvid02

gaf cant handle reddits load, stop posting links there people

as for this, exciting. V certainly lived up to all the hype, maybe hl3 could after all

theycallmeryan

Neo Member
That wasn't trade-marked as soon as they finished the previous Half-Life game?
Why didn't someone else take it?

I have absolutely no idea about copyrights, trademarks, etc. but I would assume that since they made Half-Life 1 and 2, it is their copyrighted property, and therefore no one can trademark something related to it. I could be completely wrong though.

Dennis

Banned
How come Reddit has better servers than GAF?

We should be superior. Reddit is unreadable.

And they don't even have gifs.

Tensketch

Honestly thought I was going to open this thread to find they'd trademarked a mobile game or something.

Still, one step closer I guess.

Bookoo

Man, I hope they don't make it exclusive to their platform :(

It really makes no sense for it to be SteamOS exclusive, but I could see them making it Steam exclusive as a way to compete with consoles.

Since SteamOS is free most will probably just dual boot into SteamOS to play HL3 and probably never touch it again. There is be no reason to force that unnecessary step on people already invested in their ecosystem.

Vibranium

Banned
Valve better take a look at GAF crashing due to Reddit getting a wind of the news, when HL3 is actually released it could potentially tank Steam and the entire OS at this rate.

Tucah

you speak so well
Go away Reddit, we can't handle you!

Anyway, I refuse to get excited until Half-Life 3 is officially announced.

Fuck it, itshappening.gif

I thought I was going to pee my pants, but then I thought maybe they are just registering the name of a game that wont be out until 2016.

Duke Nukem Forever flashbacks.

I hope I'm wrong and this is a SteamOS exclusive release title.

Dragon

Banned
How come Reddit has better servers than GAF?

We should be superior. Reddit is unreadable.

And they don't even have gifs.

Reddit uses dat cloud technology (Amazon) and I'm sure can scale up and down servers in realtime. I doubt GAF has that ability.

Retne

The hell is reddit

A large internet forum.

Well I think my hype gland is broken. I got super pumped until I read into the specifics. Well hopefully we'll get something in 3 years. It's already been so long that 3 years doesn't sound that far away what with Valve Time and all.

They've only filed a trademark and people are incredibly hyped. The internet will crash for days if they actually announced/revealed Half-Life 3

Oh so it was reddit to blame for the forum breakdown. I was thinking it was nintendo direct but I saw nothing special about it. This one makes sense lol.

Top Bottom