• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve likes the Wii, not so much the PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tieno

Phantast2k said:
not just that, he is a so called microsoft millionaire.

But anyhow, ppl don't buy their playstations to play pc ports, that's what the xboxes are for. So nothing new there.
So he got lots of monies from MS, almost akin to moneyhats...

edited out of fear.

BuddyC

Folks that don't have much more to contribute than jabs at Gabe's weight shouldn't expect to last much longer. Someone's weight or physical appearance really shouldn't factor into a conversation like this, especially when used mockingly in an attempt to discredit their remarks.

And hey, what do you know, Amir0x had a warning about this earlier in the thread.

NinSoX

Banned
Half Life 1 + 2, COUNTER STRIKE(!!!!!!!!!!): source, Left 4 Dead and the upcoming Portal (drool). You have to respect Valve.

Grecco

:lol at the SDF in this thread.

Anyways i want to echo the thoughts of this probably being connected to the stuff from IGN Wii. Team Fortress Wii probably to be announced soon i guess

Gabe has hated the PS3 since it was first revealed, so what's new here? As I recall, he whinged on about having to do more technical work at the expense of content development. I can see his point, but the fact that Insomniac managed to accomplish what it did in time for launch of this supposed disaster, I don't know... it does make all of this ring a bit hollow.

KINGMOKU

With this outburst, one would expect that Valve would be developing a Wii game, or one is already in the planning stages.

The thing people seem to be missing here is the back-handed comment about the 360, and how he expects the Wii to have a larger install base by Christmas this year,

One thing is for sure, the industry is going thru a massive shake-up right now, and it would seem that those who benfit the most would be us, the gamer. It's always good to have healthy competition, and this gen looks to be the most cut-throat ever, by a fair margin.

It's going to be interesting to see how third-parties react to a Nintendo lead industry.(If the Wii continues it's remarkable success) Will they follow the same route with the DS and be in denial? Or will they recognize the coming change, and start projects now, or within the coming weeks?

I know this sounds crazy, but we could see some really big third-parties fall off the map becuase they backed the wrong horse, and they became to stubborn to recognize the shift.

Man the next 6months are going to be ****ing crazy times in the videogame world.

Grok4Spock

Aurora said:
I agree with the original quote.
Thank you NeoGAF!! When I saw the thread title and started reading the thread, not only did the reaction to it meet my expectations, but the usual suspects came out in force. I never really cared either way what Jeff Gertsmann rated Zelda, I just thought some of reason were a little misguided. Yes, it's a GameCube game with Wii controls tacked on.... So what?? It's still a very well put together game. I will go on record to say that any of my fellow N-tards who made fun of Gertsmann's physical appearance because of how he scored Zelda are a bunch of tools!! Now here we have Gabe Newell, maker of one of the most highly rated FPS franchises, and because his comments don't fit the NeoGAF's own Ken Kutaragi Klan, his appearance and personal life in general is fair game. This is a golden moment in the history of the once Gaming-Age Forum. I don't know what to tell you S-bots.... Sony just plained screwed up. I know after almost 12 years of market domination, it's hard to have to listen to negative feedback in the media, on the interwebs, TV, etc, but as a fan of Nintendo who had to suffer through Nintendo's poor handling of the N64, and dropping the ball with the GameCube I can offer this one piece of advice.... SUCK IT UP!!! This is Sony's fault for overpromising and underdelivering. The lies, the arrogance, the changing goals until just the right amount of spin can be applied, it's all Sony. It happened to Nintendo, and they learned the hard way that if your head gets too big, it's going to burst. If Microsoft gets too big in the industry, the same could happen to them. All I know is that you can dismiss it as just "anecdotal=false", but look at all the reports of people who say that stores just can't get rid of the PS3......

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
No shit. I can't believe this dork is still able to post around here.

Back at you. Obsessed people like you shouldn't be allowed to post in any forum. They might become a danger to forum members like me. For all I know you probably have shrine with pics of my avatar and the number of my IP written in blood.

Again, stop stalking me and stop insulting me. You offer nothing to the discussion with your constant attacks at me. Nowadays you've become an annoyance that derails threads with personal attacks against sony fans.

I don't like Sony, but it's a surprise that he would be this blunt. From a business standpoint, this was an extremely stupid thing to say. You never want to insult potential customers.

ethelred

fortified_concept said:
Back at you. Obsessed people like you shouldn't be allowed to post in any forum. They might become a danger to forum members like me. For all I know you probably have shrine with pics of my avatar and the number of my IP written in blood.

Again, stop stalking me and stop insulting me. You offer nothing to the discussion with your constant attacks at me. Nowadays you've become an annoyance that derails threads with personal attacks against sony fans.

Oh my...

BuddyC

This thread is a complete and utter trainwreck full of needless bickering, some of which doesn't even relate to the topic at hand. I'm just going to lock this now and let most of you off the hook, but for ****'s sake folks, smarten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom