• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vancouver-Age Meetup V. 2 - The Freeze is Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzler

Irish Heather is pretty sterile and more of a "date" style bar in my experience

Why go there when you've got The Blarney Stone just next door ;)

MutFox

Banned
That tapas menu is great.

Their bangers & mash is really good too but we're going out drinking, not eating dinner. Either way though, not sure what's wrong with the menu?

Menu is fine, pricing for drinks and food isn't the most inclusive.
Unless people just want these 3 beers for the "Happy Hour":

GUINNESS
KRONENBOURG 1664
SCHOFFERHOFER

Just saying, as last time people were also buying food...

Any place that's too small, packed, or upscale will make it less inviting. It needs to a be a place where people can arrive and leave whenever. After all, we're meeting strangers over the Internet.

The London fits the criteria: has TV, enough space, shouldn't be too busy, has a pool table, transit-accessible, and casual enough. Only a 10 minute walk from Tabris's place as well.

I'll try to remember to bring name tags.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any place that's too small, packed, or upscale will make it less inviting. It needs to a be a place where people can arrive and leave whenever. After all, we're meeting strangers over the Internet.

The London fits the criteria: has TV, enough space, shouldn't be too busy, has a pool table, transit-accessible, and casual enough. Only a 10 minute walk from Tabris's place as well.

I'll try to remember to bring name tags.

Fuck name tags, Bish recognized me without one last time too

Smiley90

You don't know someone, just introduce yourself the old fashioned way.

Smelly's easy to point out with his wooden shoes and communist manifesto.

Desi is gonna be the broken-down Dude with the toque.

MutFox

Banned
Can I get a link to the bar website. I'm seeing a few London pubs on google.

The London Pub

700 Main Street, Vancouver

http://jenningsculture.com/thelondonpub.html

Menu
LP-Menu-p1.jpg
LP-Menu-p2.jpg

Leeness

I'm sure you all know at this point who I am, I doubt I need a name tag... Lol. Not to be too self-important...

And wherever, I don't curr. I'll be hiding in a corner and uncomfortable no matter what :')

Leeness

Holy crap, you beat my horrible record by 1.5 hours... :(
Mine happened during snow too. :|

Yeah, I've never had anything near that. We ended up in a bad circumstance though. Bus went down Ladner Trunk to go to highway 10--normally a good idea to avoid 99.

Except that literally five minutes ahead of us, a head on collision occurred (and apparently ANOTHER car then went into the ditch) so the whole Ladner Trunk and all is unfortunate souls got stuck there for 3 hours while they cleared it. Like literally, bus turned off and we sat, unmoving, for 3 hours.

:|

Leeness

Nope still haven't seen your photo on the internet ! You lieeeee

Also, did an accident just happened on Hwy 99 ?

There's like a billion photos of me floating around GAF. :p

It was yesterday the accident on highway 99. There's better not be one right now or I may start bawling on the bus...

Smiley90

Can confirm - Have seen Leeness's pictures everywhere and have a poster of her on my wall

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So is this meetup really happening ? Last time I went and I felt kind of awkward lol... will think about this one because I'm shyyyy ! Last time had like, 3 girls or something there though, that was pretty good.

I'm American but I used to live in Richmond from 93-97. I graduated from HJ Cambie. Loved living in BC those 4 years. Some of the best experiences of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom