• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Ben affleck admits to groping Hilarie Burton

Viggo Mortensen, Christian Bale, Fassbender, Tom Hardy, Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen and obviously Keanu Reeves would all be disappointing milkshake ducks.

If Viggo goes down, I'll go down.

His Aragorn is one of my favorite portrayals in all of cinema.

Same with Tom Hanks. He's been in too many great roles to count.

Viggo Mortensen, Christian Bale, Fassbender, Tom Hardy, Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen and obviously Keanu Reeves would all be disappointing milkshake ducks.

After the Terminator Salvation rant I can't see how anyone can think Bale is not an asshole behind the scenes.

Normal people don't explode like that.

That was real understandable to me at least. Actors are crazy about their craft, especially one who's done good movies since they were a kid.

The first 30 seconds or so were to me as well.

Then he just kept going...

norm9

After the Terminator Salvation rant I can't see how anyone can think Bale is not an asshole behind the scenes.

That was real understandable to me at least. Actors are crazy about their craft, especially one who's done good movies since they were a kid.

Yeah. Not that he wasn't rude at the moment, and he privately apologized to the guy afterwards, but the curious part about the rant was Bale keeping his John Connor accent.

Normal people explode all the time, especially when other people do stupid shit that fucks things up.

The thing is, Bale took his lumps, admitted he was out of line, and that was the end of it.

Now if there were other stories about him being an asshole on film sets or otherwise being an insufferable prick, you'd have a point. But to my knowledge, that was the only time.

By contrast, somebody like Val Kilmer during his heyday was getting bad reviews from everyone he worked with on just about every film he did.

Probably by not thinking that one temper tantrum makes someone forever an asshole.

Yeah. Not that he wasn't rude at the moment, and he privately apologized to the guy afterwards, but the curious part about the rant was Bale keeping his John Connor accent.

Normal people explode all the time, especially when other people do stupid shit that fucks things up.

The thing is, Bale took his lumps, admitted he was out of line, and that was the end of it.

Now if there were other stories about him being an asshole on film sets or otherwise being an insufferable prick, you'd have a point. But to my knowledge, that was the only time.

By contrast, somebody like Val Kilmer during his heyday was getting bad reviews from everyone he worked with on just about every film he did.
And abusing his mother and sister also gets a pass because he's "passionate"?

Was it Mark Kermode that said that outburst could have been Bale realizing he was in a shit movie with a junk director (McG) and just exploded over the fact that he realized what a shit production he was involved with? I've had outbursts at work over stupid fucked up shit that was going on, not cool but I can relate on that level. If that was the extent of it, I get the Bale freak out.

Rydeen

I think Bale's rant was a reflection of how out of control that film was as a production and how shitty McG (lol) is as a director at managing a production. It really is "fucking amateur" hour if a crew member is futzing with the lighting on a "hot set", very unprofessional. If I was an actor and we were filming a scene and people were fucking with the lights while filming, I'd be pissed, too.

Was it Mark Kermode that said that outburst could have been Bale realizing he was in a shit movie with a junk director (McG) and just exploded over the fact that he realized what a shit production he was involved with? I've had outbursts at work over stupid fucked up shit that was going on, not cool but I can relate on that level. If that was the extent of it, I get the Bale freak out.

Yeah this too, haha.

MrMephistoX

Yeah no shit. Just waiting for the moment these dudes start snitching on each other.

The fact that more of them haven’t yet probably tells you a lot: most entitled assholes of privilege do it from your high school QB, to rich frat boy, to cocky ass Wall Street scum to Hollywood elite,and of course our fucking President. It’s endemic to our culture where boobs are forbidden and sexed is a joke but dominant masculinity arrogance and violence is encouraged.

And abusing his mother and sister?

To my knowledge, that accusation was much ado about nothing. I remember an episode of TMZ where one of the staff actually admitted his mother and sister have some serious issues and that those accusations were probably more or less dramatic nonsense.

The charges brought against him were dismissed for lack of evidence.

That..actually makes a lot of sense.

But yeah, hearing that coward McG on the sidelines doing NOTHING while the star of his picture threatened a crew member really cemented for me that he was an incompetent moron who couldn't control his own film.

Imagine if James Cameron had been directing...

Normal people? Have you ever worked on a film set? It happens all the fucking time. The schedule and pressure of even short films makes people fly off the handle.

Blader

That..actually makes a lot of sense.

But yeah, hearing that coward McG on the sidelines doing NOTHING while the star of his picture threatened a crew member really cemented for me that he was an incompetent moron who couldn't control his own film.

Imagine if James Cameron had been directing...

Cameron would've threatened the crew members first!

Wasn't Viggo Mortensen known to have a temper as well?

This sounds like a stretch, but you might be confusing him for Ed Harris. Because there were a couple stories around A History of Violence, a movie both were involved with. His outtakes for The Rock are sure something.

What a scum bag. I hope this doesn't stop here. Not because I want to know about more cases, because it's awful to hear, but because I'd love for Hollywood to explode and expose all the horrible shit you just know goes on. I remember reading stories of rape, pedophilia etc. Just, absolutely hideous acts. It needs to end.

norm9

What a scum bag. I hope this doesn't stop here. Not because I want to know about more cases, because it's awful to hear, but because I'd love for Hollywood to explode and expose all the horrible shit you just know goes on. I remember reading stories of rape, pedophilia etc. Just, absolutely hideous acts. It needs to end.

They (hollywood elite, barf) will probably let Affleck hang out to dry, but they'll circle the wagons for everyone else. Gotta stay in that bubble.

Turin

Banned
Christian Bale would be the least surprising out of the people I listed but I wouldn't condemn someone for a shit fit, disconcerting as it was.

The thing involving his mother was apparently a nothing burger but, again, I wouldn't blame someone for wondering.

This is bigger news than Harvey Weinstein fapping to every actress he ever met, to me.

I am not even a Ben Affleck fan, I thought Argo suck ass.

Wasn't the Bale thing after filming the same scene for hours on end because they could never get a good take and the one take that looked promising the lighting guy screwed it up? It's easy to see how it happened. He said he apologized to him shortly after and it only became a thing MONTHS later when someone leaked it due to insurance purposes.

Verelios

What was that again about a smear campaign? Oh, about people just wanting to slander Affleck because he could never be so disgusting?

Yeah, okay. Stanning for people you don't even know.

KHarvey16

Getting pissed is one thing, but demanding someone be fired because they annoyed you takes a special kind of asshole.

I’m pretty sure when all the details came out about that most people in the business thought the lighting guy was being an idiot and deserved to get yelled at.

This makes the story of him writing all these sex scenes in Live by Night for himself, which were talked about a lot by Sienna Miller during the press tour, even creepier.

Batman' s a perv. Affleck is pretty fucked I think.

holygeesus

Banned
Interesting thing about the Bale incident is that people like Darren Aronofsky and Ron Howard came to his defense publicly.

It's also interesting how people focus on his rant but never listen to his apology afterwards. Dude realised he messed up and ate humble pie big-time after. He is a good guy.

norm9

Or heard the tape. Once you hear the tape, you realize the rape.

That tape where he's pleading with the woman to not leave no matter how uncomfortable she keeps saying she is is soooooooo fucking disturbing. Id love to say I'd smash his face in, but in reality...

Top Bottom