• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VDigi Wii VGA adapter.

Lee N

Membre
trh said:
Where did you get it and what was the shipping? I could really use this as I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.
Official homepage, and shipping was $10. All in all I think they charged like 340 SEK from my account. Showed up in like 4 days too.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Lee N said:
Official homepage, and shipping was $10. All in all I think they charged like 340 SEK from my account. Showed up in like 4 days too.
That's excellent, thanks! Will definitely buy this when Prime comes out.

ColR100

Could the people that have now got these cables possibly post up some screens of how it's running on their monitors. A fair few people have requested some, and would be much help to a few of us who are considering purchasing the cable.

ZeroAX said:
The Vdigi cable is female, so you'd actually plug the cable comming out of your monitor directly into that. You could get by without a switcher, you'd just have to unplug the cable from your PC and plug it into your Wii whenever you wanted to play a game.

Wait...which is the female? The bump or the hole?
Because on the website the picture has the bump, and I was told here that the website shows it to be female...

Jirotrom

Vong_Assassin said:
Because on the website the picture has the bump, and I was told here that the website shows it to be female...
hole is female, male goes in female.

ATF487

Vong_Assassin said:

I always get a kick out of this; if you have a dirty mind you'll never mistake the two. Male cables = penis and Female cables = vagina

ZeroAX

I just got my cable last night. Hooked it up to my 20.1 inch widescreen monitor. The cable comes with everything you need, you shouldn't need to buy any extra cables or converters. If you're using it on a PC monitor all you need to do is unplug your VGA cable and speaker cable from your PC and plug them into your wii vga cable.

The only game I tried out was Metroid Prime 3. Image quality is great. It looks about the same as using Component cables on your TV.

JoeFu

Banned
Got these a week ago and have been playing MP3 with it.

Works great and I might get some pictures up when I set up the wii in my room again.

How is the cable length for the red and yellow plugs? My speaker system is far away from my monitor, and I'm hoping I won't need to use extension cables.

ZeroAX

Vong_Assassin said:
How is the cable length for the red and yellow plugs? My speaker system is far away from my monitor, and I'm hoping I won't need to use extension cables.
Only about a foot from where the audio and video seperate.

Mission

Haha... bought... 9 left.

Now this is why I bought the 46" Sammy. I hope this looks better through the VGA input than it did through the component cables. Wish I could take them back.

BTW, if it matters to anybody, I was pleasantly surprised to see they took PayPal. Total cost was $49.90 USD.

ZeroAX

Mission said:
Haha... bought... 9 left.

Now this is why I bought the 46" Sammy. I hope this looks better through the VGA input than it did through the component cables. Wish I could take them back.

BTW, if it matters to anybody, I was pleasantly surprised to see they took PayPal. Total cost was $49.90 USD.
Component and VGA should look exactly the same :(

Banned
ZeroAX said:
Component and VGA should look exactly the same :(
VGA tends to bypass a display's internal processing and eliminate overscan. There's a very good chance VGA will look better.

Just got this today. Many thanks to GAF as I'd been looking for something like this for months. I've only tried Twilight Princess so far, but I'm happy with it.

Some pics (please excuse the ineptitude of my camera):

100_0130.jpg

100_0131.jpg

LCGeek

formerly sane
Seeing your pics make me want to punch my bro for breaking my digi camera I had, granted it wasn't color accurate with certain ranges. PLay the later levels in sonic if you want to see the cable and vga flex it's muscle if you can elements of et and rs are quite good as well.

LCGeek said:
Seeing your pics make me want to punch my bro for breaking my digi camera I had, granted it wasn't color accurate with certain ranges. PLay the later levels in sonic if you want to see the cable and vga flex it's muscle if you can elements of et and rs are quite good as well.

Yeh, but my camera sucks for taking pics of fast moving games. I'll see what I can do...

ColR100

Thanks for uploading some images for us. If anyone's got this set-up on a widescreen though, some images would also be desirable.

homez99

ColR100 said:
Thanks for uploading some images for us. If anyone's got this set-up on a widescreen though, some images would also be desirable.

I have a widescreen display, and Super Paper Mario is arriving tomorrow so I'll take some pictures and upload them as soon as I can.

true Gek

Jaded Alyx said:
No....Europe FTL :(
Mmm...You buy this VGA Cable right? And you have an European Wii Right? I ask you this questions because i red that the cable is compatible with japanese and american Wii.

Lee N

Membre
true Gek said:
Mmm...You buy this VGA Cable right? And you have an European Wii Right? I ask you this questions because i red that the cable is compatible with japanese and american Wii.
it works with european Wii:s too.

DeadyFernGarden said:
This has probably been raised before but on a PAL system all VC games will not play except for PC Engine titles.

This seems to be the case. No GameCube games I've tried so far seem to work either...

This is how looks RE4 on my 22" LCD with component:

Looking at Jaded Alyx picture about Wii Tennis (RE4 is too dark and i don't have any other game he has), i noticed he has less aliasing than i have, especially on the stands.
I would get a better result using a VGA ?

Moor-Angol said:
This is how looks RE4 on my 22" LCD with component:

Looking at Jaded Alyx picture about Wii Tennis (RE4 is too dark and i don't have any other game he has), i noticed he has less aliasing than i have, especially on the stands.
I would get a better result using a VGA ?

Actually, that could be because of my shitty camera. :lol

My LCD is 19" so that may make a slight difference.

ggd210

I won't connect my wii to the monitor!! I'll get sick!!!
I used to play Wii with proyector at least 3meter as wide!!

have a nice day!

Mission

I finally got my cable today. So far I'm not entirely impressed. My 46" Samsung shows PC@VGA crystal clear, but the Wii is fairly blurry. So far it seems to me that I'm not getting all of the sound either. I would say its still marginally better than the component but not nearly as good as on my CRT. I'm kinda counting on this for when Guitar Hero comes out because I want it with my home theatre.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Mission said:
I finally got my cable today. So far I'm not entirely impressed. My 46" Samsung shows PC@VGA crystal clear, but the Wii is fairly blurry. So far it seems to me that I'm not getting all of the sound either. I would say its still marginally better than the component but not nearly as good as on my CRT. I'm kinda counting on this for when Guitar Hero comes out because I want it with my home theatre.

is that samsung a discrete-pixel display and if so what is its native resolution?

anyway, i think you'd really need a crt for best results.

true Gek

Vong_Assassin said:
Just got my VGA cable in the mail today...looks awesome on my monitor!

I'll post screens of Metroid Prime 3 tommorow. :D
I'm very curious...I'll probably buy it for corruption (I'm Italian...26 october is so far T.T )

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
btw, to those who already have the thingie: is anybody of you guys willing to take apart the vga connector end and take some pics? i think it's on screws, so hopefully nothing destructive would be required there.

true Gek

Vong_Assassin said:
Sorry for not getting these pics in earlier...my comp had issues.
And sorry for the quality of the photos...my camera sucks...:lol
Can you post other photoes? I'm very curious ^^

Top Bottom