• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegas doesn't have the regular McChicken, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I moved here from California last October, and after a month or so here I went to a McDonald's for the first time in the state, and my order choice was the meal my circle back home has been getting since the 9th Grade, which is a McChicken and a double cheeseburger, and then the whole McChicken put between the McDouble hamburger meat.

The first time I ordered the McChicken and got a spicy one back, I just assumed it was a mistake, so I didn't fret.

Then about a week later a friend was going on a run there and asked what I wanted, so I said a McChicken and a double cheeseburger, but then he came back with a Spicy McChicken again which I thought was very strange, but I assumed he might have made a mistake.

So when he went again two weeks later, I told him to get me a McChicken but to make clear that I want a regular McChicken, not a spicy one, but when he comes back it's a spicy McChicken and he tells me they said they don't have them.

I was shocked, but okay, maybe this isn't every McDonald's, so the next time I was in Walmart I made sure to walk around to the McDonald's and ask them whether they have a regular McChicken, which is when I was informed that no stores in the city carries them, and left empty handed.

Now maybe the lady was wrong and there's some enclave out in the city that really does sell McChickens, but currently I'm in panic mode, has anyone on Gaf gone through this experience, and can someone explain why this nonsense is even a thing?

Tagyhag

I got this from Reddit

The Hot 'n Spicy McChicken is made with a different type of frozen chicken patty then the McChicken sandwich (and its variations). Although there can be other reasons as well, the lack of available frozen storage space is probably the primary reason why most stores do not sell both sandwiches.

Maybe call more places OP? It could just be your region and not the entire state.

Also, McGangbangs are pretty well-known.

I got this from Reddit

Maybe call more places OP? It could just be your region and not the entire state.

Also, McGangbangs are pretty well-known.
Yah, I meant to edit in that I think it's called a McGangbang but forgot to before I submitted, I've seen it talked about and reviewed all over the place so I want implying it was obscure.

And damn that sucks, I'm gonna have to call around I guess.
That sounds fucking horrible, why not just eat from the trash bin behind the restaurant?
Because it tastes incredible, its like an entirely different experience/taste when you put them together (I don't even like regular McChickens eaten alone, has to he with the burger).

Spinoff90

QFTxjDs.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
aside from it not fitting into anyone's mouth, why don't you just order the two burgers seperately and eat them by taking a bite from each

How big is your mouth to be able to eat this ?

mcgangbang.jpg
It's really not that hard to bite, you'd see if you had one in person.
aside from it not fitting into anyone's mouth, why don't you just order the two burgers seperately and eat them by taking a bite from each
Why would we do that when we could just eat them together?
That's like saying why don't you eat each part of the burger separately, it doesn't taste the same end it's a useless step.
Hold on a second...

There's a non-spicy McChicken?
Yep, I'm guessing that your region doesn't carry it, this knowledge needs to be spread to all parts of the country.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The non-spicy chicken sandwich is still more heavily seasoned than most McD's products as it does have a fair amount of black pepper.

Tagyhag

hero_mcchicken.png

All hail the superior Canadian McChicken

I know that's just a promo shot but that looks so much better.

I wish the bigger chains had better simple chicken sandwiches.

The premium chicken sandwich from McDonald is actually really good but just like their other premium options it's way too expensive for what you get and it begs the question as to why wouldn't you just get a better premium item from another place at the same price.

I haven't had a mcchicken in years but I'll try this next time. I don't think I'll keep the buns though. Too much bread.
Godspeed.
Hopefully it comes out tasting the same, it's truly an amazing sandwich.
The non-spicy chicken sandwich is still more heavily seasoned than most McD's products as it does have a fair amount of black pepper.
I don't like the taste though, it just isn't the same.

antibolo

Banned
Is it really that much different? I assume anything branded "spicy" in an establishment as lame as McDonald's is not really spicy at all.

In this thread we learn that McDonald's is a franchise, and the individual franchisees determine what is on the menu and what isn't.

If you want the regular mcchicken, complain to the management.

painey

In England a McChicken sandwich used to be my favourite menu item, which is odd for me because I usually don't like getting chicken burgers. In America the McChickens taste so bad compared to back home. Even the mayo is different :(

Faiz

Eh, it's kind of improper to use BOTH sides of the bun from the Mc chicken imo. Bread, burger, burger, bread, chicken, bread is the more functional format.

I can't believe someone is actually making a propriety argument regarding the arrangement of a sandwich called the McGangbang.

NeoGAF.gif

Tagyhag

In England a McChicken sandwich used to be my favourite menu item, which is odd for me because I usually don't like getting chicken burgers. In America the McChickens taste so bad compared to back home. Even the mayo is different :(

Mayo, like most dairy here in the US SUCKS in general. You have to go to an international market for the good stuff.

Uncultured Americans thinking A1 is good and shit.

Timeless

Even the regular McChicken is spicy and unpleasant to me.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/mcchicken.html

Ingredients: Boneless Chicken, Bleached Wheat Flour, Water, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Wheat Flour, Modified Corn Starch, Sea Salt, Spice, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Paprika, Dextrose, Sodium Phosphates, Leavening (Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate), Wheat Gluten, Natural Flavors with Extractives of Paprika, Yeast, Corn Starch, Garlic Powder.

I enjoy mild salsa and a little spicier than that, but the regular McChicken tastes weird and leaves a gross, hot aftertaste.

Dali

I haven't seen the cheapo regular chicken sandwich in a while and this is across a few states. I hate the spicy chick from McDonald's too so it really sucks.

Thinking about it, I am still pissed Chick Fil A did away with their Spicy Chicken biscuit and regular Spicy sandwich. A damn travesty.

Mimosa97

Instead of thinking how big someone's mouth is for eating it, think about how small yours is for not being able to eat it. 🤔

Yeah I can't open my mouth too widely because I had a lot of surgery for my jaw/teeth as a teenager. But still ... that's a big ass sandwich lol

otapnam

We used to just put the Chicken patty in the mcdouble for the mcgangbang. Then repackage the empty bun and give it to a friend as a mcghost lol. But Maybe the mcCuck is a better name

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is it really that much different? I assume anything branded "spicy" in an establishment as lame as McDonald's is not really spicy at all.

You're absolutely right which is why a distinct hit of black pepper makes the regular McChicken one of the spicier things on a bland, bland menu. The spicy McChicken is a like a McChicken with a bit of red pepper in it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm just here to say that I think the McGangbang is overrated. I've even taken out the bun of the McChicken and added barbecue sauce as one suggestion.

It still just tastes like you're eating a double cheeseburger and a McChicken at the same time. I have no idea why people think this combo plays with itself in any way. You're still shoving low quality stuff into your mouth.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Helman's is the only good mass market brand in the US. You can also get various Japanese mayos these and tons of boutique ones. Making your own is also very easy and delicious.

boiled goose

good with gravy
It's a vegas thing or specific McDonald's store thing? Could be same owner for multiple stores.

Also, stop eating McDonald's. So much tasty food out there and you have a finite number of lifetime meals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom