• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegas doesn't have the regular McChicken, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamma

hero_mcchicken.png

All hail the superior Canadian McChicken

What is that, a McChicken for ants?!

52652f709661bchicken_classic_supream.png

All hail the superior German McChicken

ascii42

I'm just here to say that I think the McGangbang is overrated. I've even taken out the bun of the McChicken and added barbecue sauce as one suggestion.

It still just tastes like you're eating a double cheeseburger and a McChicken at the same time. I have no idea why people think this combo plays with itself in any way. You're still shoving low quality stuff into your mouth.

The price may have played a major role. For a long time it was a total of $2, back when both ingredients were on the dollar menu. I guess it seems like a pretty substantial sandwich for the price, even though, yes, it's not really any different than eating the two items separately. A Big Mac costs twice that, and it doesn't have a chicken patty.

Mayo, like most dairy here in the US SUCKS in general. You have to go to an international market for the good stuff.

Uncultured Americans thinking A1 is good and shit.

It's a common misconception that Mayonnaise is a dairy product. Egg yolks, oil, and vinegar or lemon juice are the only required ingredients.

The existence of soy mayo doesn't help, as I've known plenty of vege/vegans who thought the soy part referred to replacing a dairy ingredient with eg. soy milk or tofu, when it actually just refers to the oil used being soya bean oil. Deceitful in my opinion.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah I can't open my mouth too widely because I had a lot of surgery for my jaw/teeth as a teenager. But still ... that's a big ass sandwich lol

It's not as big as it looks honestly. You can kinda squish it together without making a mess, or get rid of a piece of bread if you want.

Tagyhag

It's a common misconception that Mayonnaise is a dairy product. Egg yolks, oil, and vinegar or lemon juice are the only required ingredients.

The existence of soy mayo doesn't help, as I've known plenty of vege/vegans who thought the soy part referred to replacing a dairy ingredient with eg. soy milk or tofu, when it actually just refers to the oil used being soya bean oil. Deceitful in my opinion.

Yeah sorry I always get that mixed up, especially when both their qualities increase when you get something international lol.

rjinaz

So I moved here from California last October, and after a month or so here I went to a McDonald's for the first time in the state, and my order choice was the meal my circle back home has been getting since the 9th Grade, which is a McChicken and a double cheeseburger, and then the whole McChicken put between the McDouble hamburger meat.

The first time I ordered the McChicken and got a spicy one back, I just assumed it was a mistake, so I didn't fret.

Then about a week later a friend was going on a run there and asked what I wanted, so I said a McChicken and a double cheeseburger, but then he came back with a Spicy McChicken again which I thought was very strange, but I assumed he might have made a mistake.

So when he went again two weeks later, I told him to get me a McChicken but to make clear that I want a regular McChicken, not a spicy one, but when he comes back it's a spicy McChicken and he tells me they said they don't have them.

I was shocked, but okay, maybe this isn't every McDonald's, so the next time I was in Walmart I made sure to walk around to the McDonald's and ask them whether they have a regular McChicken, which is when I was informed that no stores in the city carries them, and left empty handed.

Now maybe the lady was wrong and there's some enclave out in the city that really does sell McChickens, but currently I'm in panic mode, has anyone on Gaf gone through this experience, and can someone explain why this nonsense is even a thing?

As somebody that lives in Phoenix, it frakin sucks. I hate the spicy chicken. I miss the regular one I used to eat in Illinois years ago. Why can't they have both?!

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I was in Florida earlier this year and they had a damn McChicken biscuit.
I was let down because I thought it might be a wrongly labeled southern style chicken biscuit. It was just a McChicken patty on a biscuit served in the am.

One day they will realize the folly of their ways and bring the southern glorious style chicken back. Not everyone lives next to a chick-fil-a, Ray Croc.

Muzy72

Banned
I never knew there was a regular McChicken until I attempted to order a Hot n Spicy outside of San Antonio.

Mortemis

Banned

Decided to try this out for the first time in years because of this thread.

It was alright, but I think that's enough mcdonalds for the next year or so. I ate it in the afternoon and still feel it in my stomach.

Ashhong

That is a long ass post and tons of story just to say that you cannot find the regular McChicken in Vegas.

Spicy is better anyway

Bread

Banned
why the hell are people literally putting an entire chicken sandwich inside the mcdouble? just put the chicken patty in there so you aren't eating a loaf of bread

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
why the hell are people literally putting an entire chicken sandwich inside the mcdouble? just put the chicken patty in there so you aren't eating a loaf of bread
Bread, I am disappoint

L Thammy

Is the American McChicken different? That's basically the only thing from McDonald's lunch menu that I consider to be food.

I don't think that German McChicken is a McChicken. I think the cashier went to Burger King and got you an original chicken sandwich.

Reven

I'm so thankful that Utah still has the spicy McChicken. So disappointing when ordering one out of state and getting a terrible plain McChicken.

vypek

I remember the topic from a while ago but I don't remeber reading that there is a spicy variant to the McChicken. Unless that is the default from last time I went there. I'm kind of in the mood to have one now. But I also don't feel like going all the way there...

jaypah

Update: Moved back to California at the beginning of this month and was able to get a McGangbang, it was delicious.

Congrats!

Down here (New Orleans) we only had the regular in the 90s. Then we got the spicy and had both on the menu. Then it depended on which one you went to. Then it was all spicy, no regular and stayed that way until this day.

And yeah, stop putting the chicken sandwich bread in the mix. Unless you just really like bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom