• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vg247-PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base, final version next summer

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not sure if this was thread worthy but

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/ru...y-hardware-and-third-party-softwear-next-gen/

Sony is near the middle end part of their Project Orbis, their next generation PS4. It will not be called Playstation 4, teams have started to call the final name as Omni. Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy. Omni will be “very capable” of doing modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2. Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine. The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen. One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. Can also synch with the Vita. The new controllers weather it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay. Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499. Aims are for a September 2013 launch.

– Omni is also part of their philosophy with the new OmniCloud, the new version of Gaktai. This service will not only cloud stream PS1, PS2 and select PS3 games to Playstation Certified devices but will also allow every digital and retail purchase to have access to a copy on the cloud. Basically, you buy one game, you can use it on any Plyastation device. Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games.

That sounds...interesting. Not sure I believe it, though.

Edit:

The LiveWall can also project diffrent images on the wall, so people can play different games on different walls.

I know it's for the 720, but this sounds like a completely useless feature that would drive up the price of the console.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmm I love the smell of a new generation in the morning, I am not that invested into gaming as I had in the past but rumors about new consoles just tickles my fancy.

GopherD

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/ru...y-hardware-and-third-party-softwear-next-gen/

Sony is near the middle end part of their Project Orbis, their next generation PS4. It will not be called Playstation 4, teams have started to call the final name as Omni. Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy. Omni will be “very capable” of doing modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2. Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine. The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen. One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. Can also synch with the Vita. The new controllers weather it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay. Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499. Aims are for a September 2013 launch.

– Omni is also part of their philosophy with the new OmniCloud, the new version of Gaktai. This service will not only cloud stream PS1, PS2 and select PS3 games to Playstation Certified devices but will also allow every digital and retail purchase to have access to a copy on the cloud. Basically, you buy one game, you can use it on any Plyastation device. Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games.

Pure bullshit.

B.O.O.M

Ok I won't make a thread then....unless a mod think it's worthy and do a split bump or something.

But definitely interesting stuff..a new siren. Drool

Seriously, this is the same site that claimed that Lords of Shadow 2 would be on the Vita and Wii U. And the 3DS CV was supposed to include co-op according to them. They also said that the Kingdom Hearts HD Collection would be announced at E3 for the PS3, Vita and Wii U and would include KH, KH2, BBS, 358/2 and CoM.

Elios83

kinda contradits with every rumour though

Which probably says it all about the credibility of whole article.
Basically they're suggesting that Sony is almost ready to launch with a console that is not much better than Wii U (so they'll probably use a weaker CPU than Cell as well :p) with a vitality sensor in the controller and a separate headset as an add-on. They also picked up that old patent rumor about an external USB dong to add BC.
In the meanwhile Microsoft is preparing the PS3 of the next gen, super expensive (but sold with subscription deals), delayed to mid-late 2014 and still not many games ready.
Honestly it doesn't sound really plausible.

i-Lo

The latest rumour although smells BS makes me realise that much as I have tempered by expectations, they need to be tempered more.

From now on, I want to believe that PS4 will be reskinned PS3 with a tabled controller with Vita being an ad hoc option, about twice the ram. I am expecting graphical leap that's the same as what PS3 is capable of producing with AA. I'll wait for Kaz Hirai to go on a news channel and tell the reporter that while it may look reskinned, PS4 uses completely new parts and while it may about pixels it's mostly about fun. And finally, third party games like the next Elder Scroll games will look dramatically better side by side.

BlackJace

GAF would melt into a molten slag if this were to become reality.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I have doubts about it also but the craziest thing is the amount of detail in it. For example this is what they say about the game line up

"

Next Gen Uncharted, Next Gen Siren, The Boydguard, Wipeout Omni, Bump In the Night, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo Prologue, Next Gen Media Molecule, Omni Fitness.

Ni-Oh is being completely remade from the ground up in Unreal Engine 4 exclusive for PlayStation Omni.

Square Enix is preparing to bring biofeedback zombie hunting game Judecca to the Omni at launch"

Also a ton of info on xbox/wiiu/vita and other hardware/software. But yea I thought I should ask you guys before making a thread.
Anything that has info like that (complete with rampant spelling errors) is guaranteed to be fake. It's the usual mix of stuff that is guaranteed from first party with a few random third party exclusives thrown in. It's almost a standard format for fake rumors.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
HAHAHAHA Thats all bullshit. They just looked at a bunch of ridiculous stuff both sony and microsoft have made patent claims on over the last year..

magawolaz

699 US DOLLARS

Melchiah

The PS3 has a 2x drive, a 16 x drive will be 8 times as fast (and a 16x drive is unlikely).
At the same time the PS4 will probably have 4 GB, that's 8 times the ram to fill.
So loading times would essentialy stay the same.

Btw: PS3 didn't have installs, cause the drive was "slow". It had installs cause it was a possibility due to every PS3 having a HDD and the 360 having a faster drive.

IIRC, the PS3's BR drive speed was more constant than that of 360's, but the DVD drive had a higher top speed.

Bring on the noise. I won't be able to hear the noise, whilst play with headphones on.

Not really preferable, when the system works as your entertainment hub.

I have doubts about it also but the craziest thing is the amount of detail in it. For example this is what they say about the game line up

"Next Gen Uncharted, Next Gen Siren, The Boydguard, Wipeout Omni, Bump In the Night, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo Prologue, Next Gen Media Molecule, Omni Fitness.

o_O Unfortunately, I think it's too good to be true.

lol that's amazing.

Dat response.
S0mNM.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Lets break it down...

Sony is near the middle end part of their Project Orbis, their next generation PS4. It will not be called Playstation 4,

Half true. We know they are still roughly in the middle of the preproduction phase (Beta kits still to go out). Also, several confirmed r\leaks have also stated the fact that the PS4 will carry the Playstation branding but not the 4.

teams have started to call the final name as Omni. Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy. Omni will be “very capable” of doing modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2. Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine.

Sony wont be paying to license the name "Omni" any time soon. The article then states that its capable of DX11/Frostbite 2.0 stuff but its only slightly more powerful than the WiiU? Yeah, right.

The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

So much wrong with this part of the article its not even funny. Spelling mistakes and a basic misunderstanding of a technology. In other words... yeah, not going to happen.

One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed.

Again, total missunderstanding of a technology and its basic workings. Not going to happen.

Can also synch with the Vita. The new controllers weather it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay.

Spelling mistakes, wrong name of the controller and a total lack of understanding on how a technology works.

Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499. Aims are for a September 2013 launch.

Sony have confirmed they wont launch next year (Before Microsoft)

– Omni is also part of their philosophy with the new OmniCloud, the new version of Gaktai. This service will not only cloud stream PS1, PS2 and select PS3 games to Playstation Certified devices but will also allow every digital and retail purchase to have access to a copy on the cloud. Basically, you buy one game, you can use it on any Plyastation device.

Starts out slightly correct (apart from the spelling of the service name) we know Sony are interested in using streaming for older PS games. Giving you access to multiple copies of a game on multiple devices? Yea, not going to happen... At least not the way the author of the article states.

Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games.

Once again... Total lack of understanding on how a technology works. Not going to happen.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Interesting, I never heard this. Do you have link? Kinda curious about how they worded it...

I'll have a look for the link. Basically it was "We we wont be the first out next generation but there wont be such a big gap as last time"

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'll have a look for the link. Basically it was "We we wont be the first out next generation but there wont be such a big gap as last time"
Ah ok, fair enough. Im sure they want to have launched by next Xmas. Hopefully thats not more than a couple months after 720.

Lace

I wouldn't jump to conclusions that statement applied directly to the 720. Remember the Wii U came out before both. If you think about it they could still be last but launch next year.

That sounds like complete bullshit.

JJD

"

Next Gen Uncharted, Next Gen Siren, The Boydguard, Wipeout Omni, Bump In the Night, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo Prologue, Next Gen Media Molecule, Omni Fitness.

Ni-Oh is being completely remade from the ground up in Unreal Engine 4 exclusive for PlayStation Omni.

Square Enix is preparing to bring biofeedback zombie hunting game Judecca to the Omni at launch"

Also a ton of info on xbox/wiiu/vita and other hardware/software. But yea I thought I should ask you guys before making a thread.

Man that cracked me up! I'm dying! LOL!

TEH-CJ

Banned

pure malakias.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I think they were saying that their goal wasn't to be first but it wouldn't be as big of a gap. They didn't outright say that they wouldn't be first.

i-Lo

A next gen racing game will be mind blowing.

AFAIK, Studio Liverpool got shut down which is a big and true shame. I was hoping them to make premier 1080p60fps Wipeout game like they did with PS3.

I don't know what's up with Evolution studios, the people behind Motostorm franchise though. They got smashed in sales for Apocalypse because monumentally unfortunate timing.

And finally we have PD. Expect a GT6 Prologue by 2015 at the latest. Yamauchi san doesn't give a rats ass about schedules because he knows his game will sell.

So, in terms of racers, the roster is looking pretty dry for the first year of PS4, at least, when it comes to first party stuff.

BlackJace

AFAIK, Studio Liverpool got shut down which is a big and true shame. I was hoping them to make premier 1080p60fps Wipeout game like they did with PS3.

I don't know what's up with Evolution studios, the people behind Motostorm franchise though. They got smashed in sales for Apocalypse because monumentally unfortunate timing.

And finally we have PD. Expect a GT6 Prologue by 2015 at the latest. Yamauchi san doesn't give a rats ass about schedules because he knows his game will sell.

So, in terms of racers, the roster is looking pretty dry for the first year of PS4, at least, when it comes to first party stuff.

Well, remember that thread about a tweet from Liverpool saying "WE. ARE. ALIVE."?
Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Wipeout.

B.O.O.M

well a thread has been made :D should be interesting

and above: About studio liverpool..iirc 2/3 of the staff was retained but relocated to other studios.

Top Bottom