• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks: PlayStation 4 "Orbis" Roadmap

I'm pretty sure SSM's new IP will be there at launch.

I'm pretty sure it won't. Stig's team is much smaller, focused on R&D, once the GoW:A team finishes up production then Stig's project will go into full production and those members will switch over.

In fact, the only studios I think will have a game out for launch are Guerilla Games, Evolution Studios, and Ready At Dawn. The latter is a question mark (RaD is a smaller team), but Guerilla Games and Evolution studios are pretty much a lock. I think this gives a pretty diverse lineup - FPS, Racer, and Action title.

But the time waiting between games will be smaller. I think there will be a steady stream of high profile content following the launch of the PS4.

Gran Turismo 6 spring 2014, Sucker Punch having a summer 2014 release, Naughty Dog having a fall 2014 showcase title.

And then beyond fall 2014 you will see releases by Media Molecule, Stig's project, David Cage project, and SCEJ titles (Puppeteer devs).

Duffyside

Banned
As much as I'd like Infamous 3 (with open-world multiplayer, "loadouts" but with powers instead of guns -- ice, electricity, earth, fire, etc -- and more objectives than just kill-that-guy, like races, and king of the hill on top of a building), if Sucker Punch and Sony are smart they're making a vampire game in an Infamous-like way. Open-world and climbing buildings, but it's in an 18th century English village instead of a modern city.

Festival of Blood was incredibly successful, and the vampire thing seems to be a no-miss these days. It's also not something we've seen in a long time for games, if ever in an open-world sense. I think it would be a big hit, and Sucker Punch seems poised to be able to handle it after FoB.

I say all this hating vampires and not liking FoB. But you can't argue with sales.

As much as I'd like Infamous 3 (with open-world multiplayer, "loadouts" but with powers instead of guns -- ice, electricity, earth, fire, etc -- and more objectives than just kill-that-guy, like races, and king of the hill on top of a building), if Sucker Punch and Sony are smart they're making a vampire game in an Infamous-like way. Open-world and climbing buildings, but it's in an 18th century English village instead of a modern city.

Festival of Blood was incredibly successful, and the vampire thing seems to be a no-miss these days. It's also not something we've seen in a long time for games, if ever in an open-world sense. I think it would be a big hit, and Sucker Punch seems poised to be able to handle it after FoB.

I say all this hating vampires and not liking FoB. But you can't argue with sales.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.

I think Sucker Punch should make a new IP simply because I'm not particularly fond of the character or world, even though I love the gameplay. Even Sucker Punch wanted to refresh the IP with new character design but got a big backlash from fans. New IP is needed for a reboot.

A gothic 18th century vampire title with the right world / art style would be pretty spectacular.

Duffyside

Banned
That's actually a pretty cool idea.

I think Sucker Punch should make a new IP simply because I'm not particularly fond of the character or world, even though I love the gameplay. Even Sucker Punch wanted to refresh the IP with new character design but got a big backlash from fans. New IP is needed for a reboot.

A gothic 18th century vampire title with the right world / art style would be pretty spectacular.

Thanks! Yeah, I think there's a good chance they're doing something like that anyway, after the success of FoB. I don't like vampires, but I love flying around open-worlds (instead of boring walking or driving a car in most games), so even I would be interested.

I would love another Infamous though. I think their story always had potential, but always landed really flat on its face, so I'm with you. If they did do another one, I'd make Cole some mythic figure, a martyr, a legend, whatever, and just start fresh. No Zeke either, obviously.

The optional ice or fire powers in Infamous 2 are what really make me want to see the franchise continue though -- if Infamous 3 let you choose your path even more, with ice/fire/earth/electricity as their entire own option, that'd be rad. Ever since I was a kid I've seen Iceman from the X-Men comics creating those rad ice ramps for himself to slide around on in the air, and I've wanted to do that. I've wanted to do that SO BAD.

I would buy that.
I would buy that hard.

I'll start a kickstarter immediately. I'd ask for about 20 million, but I have no artistic or programming knowledge, so let's make it 25 instead. Tell your friends.

test_account

XP-39C²
Um, no, an I3's rather impossible given that in one ending (spoilered just in case)
Cole turns evil, sides with the Beast, and allows the near-complete destruction of humanity
. So what, in I3, there's going to be 2 stories? One following on from when Cole
completely destroyed humanity
and one where
he didn't
? Because it doesn't seem to make sense either to skip ahead a few years and pretend that
humanity completely recovered after the Evil ending so that the world's the same despite whether the Good or Evil ending happened
In the good ending
Cole dies, but at the end there is a big lightning bolt at the end. They could angle this to that he wasnt dead anyway.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm pretty sure it won't. Stig's team is much smaller, focused on R&D, once the GoW:A team finishes up production then Stig's project will go into full production and those members will switch over.

In fact, the only studios I think will have a game out for launch are Guerilla Games, Evolution Studios, and Ready At Dawn. The latter is a question mark (RaD is a smaller team), but Guerilla Games and Evolution studios are pretty much a lock. I think this gives a pretty diverse lineup - FPS, Racer, and Action title.

But the time waiting between games will be smaller. I think there will be a steady stream of high profile content following the launch of the PS4.

Gran Turismo 6 spring 2014, Sucker Punch having a summer 2014 release, Naughty Dog having a fall 2014 showcase title.

And then beyond fall 2014 you will see releases by Media Molecule, Stig's project, David Cage project, and SCEJ titles (Puppeteer devs).

Sony is poised to have an incredible launch year of exclusives if everything stays on target. They could potentially have a new title every few months with a good mix of established and new IPs. It's really exciting.

THE:MILKMAN

I just took a look at the Sucker Punch website to see if there was anything new. Not sure if I'm remembering wrong but in the link below:

http://www.suckerpunch.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=91

In one of the scrolling pictures a guy is playing/working on a game that I was sure was pixelated out a couple of months ago.

Probably from one of the Infamous games but am not sure because I see a Batman like figure behind the female character on-screen!

i-Lo

Sony is poised to have an incredible launch year of exclusives if everything stays on target. They could potentially have a new title every few months with a good mix of established and new IPs. It's really exciting.

Perhaps after the launch of PS4, Vita will finally get some first party love.

Duffyside

Banned
I just took a look at the Sucker Punch website to see if there was anything new. Not sure if I'm remembering wrong but in the link below:

In one of the scrolling pictures a guy is playing/working on a game that I was sure was pixelated out a couple of months ago.

Probably from one of the Infamous games but am not sure because I see a Batman like figure behind the female character on-screen!

Who is the guy in the artwork on the right and left borders of the site?

Respawn

Banned
From OP:

AMD's Threads per core, on every x64 chip they have ever built and every chip they plan to build on their official road map, including steamroller... Is single threaded cores, they do not do SMT, the core pairs pointed out in OP, is their idea of "dual threaded cores" which simply means that 2 physical cores have less physical parts to keep sizes down so you can have more cores in a die size. You could almost, almost... Call it a dual core with hyper threading.

TL;DR This rumor points to 4 cores, a total of 4 threads for the entire CPU on PS4.
It also points to 8Cores and 8Threads for XB3. Clocked at half speed, but are much smaller cores overall.

Not anymore. Down to 4 cores. Latest info in Durango thread. Take nothing as concrete though remember we all speculating at what's thrown at us.

Globox_82

Banned

NOPE. Senior members after GOW3 moved to this new IP, that was in preproduction even before that. after GOW 3 they hired a lot of devs, goal was to have two full teams. I repeat seniors are working on new IP, guy that made GOW1,2,3. By fall 2013 game will be in 3 plus years of development. I am 100% it is hitting in first year of PS4.

Perkel

Banned

Here is dev vs time since last release:

Naughty dog team1 Unannounced game/Uncharted 4(at time of PS4 release ~2 years)
GG team 1 Unannounced game/Killzone 4/RPG (same as above at time of PS4 release ~2 years)
Sucker Punch Unannounced game/New Ip/Infamous3 (at time of PS4 ~2 years)
Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 (at time of PS4 ~ 3 years)
Bend studio working on New Ip for next gen
Evolution Unannouced game (at time of PS4 ~2years)
London Studio unknown/Wipeout/newip/singstar
Media Molecule team1 (at time of PS4 ~ 2 years)

And those are only EU/US teams. There is also SCEJ which now works rather well and maybe they moved TLG to PS4.

Sony did their homework and there will be no PS3 situation (lack of good games at lunch and soon after lunch))

Globox_82

Banned
Here is dev vs time since last release:

Naughty dog team1 Unannounced game/Uncharted 4(at time of PS4 release ~2 years)
GG team 1 Unannounced game/Killzone 4/RPG (same as above at time of PS4 release ~2 years)
Sucker Punch Unannounced game/New Ip/Infamous3 (at time of PS4 ~2 years)
Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 (at time of PS4 ~ 3 years)
Bend studio working on New Ip for next gen
Evolution Unannouced game (at time of PS4 ~2years)
London Studio unknown/Wipeout/newip/singstar
Media Molecule team1 (at time of PS4 ~ 2 years)

And those are only EU/US teams. There is also SCEJ which now works rather well and maybe they moved TLG to PS4.

Where did you read that about Bend studio?

Yeah i don't understand a word that's being said in this thread.

amd must be chuffed at the fact theyre providing the innards for both.

The Wii-U also has an AMD GPU in it as well. They're one of the true winners of the next gen console race.

it doesnt look like it though.... one has a lot of cores, lots of ram and other has less cores, less ram but both at higher speeds.

while they both use x86 cpu's and AMD cards, they are not that similar at all! They are as different as they could be.

Your tag advises that I shouldn't agree with you. So I won't.

But actually,
I guess you're right :p
. Looking at it again, I guess the 360 will be geared towards general computing (it matches MS's agenda of pushing Windows 8 into the living room space), while the PS4 will be geared more towards gaming. Though when you weigh pros and cons of both machines, how dissimilar will they actually be from each other in real world performance?

I would buy that.
I would buy that hard.

I want that game. :(

Verendus

Banned
These rumours are pleasing since it will be great to see what the next Uncharted looks like. I never buy a console day one as a rule of thumb. If there was an Uncharted 4 at launch, I don't know man. I may break my rule. I know, it's a dream. UC4, whilst coming, probably won't be there at launch but rather within a year or so. Still, a man can dream.

I guess the great thing is that we can expect a lot of games so there's nothing to worry about on that front. And more often than not, the games are of good quality from Sony studios (Uncharted, God of War, Infamous, LBP, Wipeout, Warhawk). A next generation God of War will likely be incredible too. Can you imagine? Goddamn. The titan idea was fantastic, if a little unexplored in GOW3, so it would be nice to see what SSM think up for the next sequel. There'll be so much possibility thanks to powerful hardware.

If these specs are true it will be interesting to see the press react when they are confirmed.

It'll react the same way the first two pages of this thread did. "4GB to 8GB? What the hell is Sony doing? Microsoft is going to win the next gen console wars."
Pretty much like that.

Moosichu

I can't wait until E3. I really hope that there are at least a couple of games which aren't shooters in the works. That Sucker Punch mo-cap shot had a gun in it, and Stig's team is rumoured to be working on one.
That leaves Guerilla, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch? Could be interesting if any of those developers leave their comfort zone.

I think after Ascension, the God of War games should receive a 'refresh' (same universe, different focus).
I've always loved Jaffe's idea of keeping God of War's core gameplay and having a Legend of Zelda style structure.
The fact that you never have to enter a menu to use an item is already great, and I think the games could do with less linearity.

Ultimately, I think this is the generation where art-styles will mean more than ever with technological prowess not being able to cut it anymore. Hopefully this will result in a bigger focus on gameplay as well as games try to differentiate themselves.

Dusky

Could also mean that the project was canned.

Proxy

I can say it has probably never been censored.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/ht...php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=91

i-Lo

There most likely be stupid miming going on for Kinect 2 and some other motion related gimmick in Sony's booth.

Hindle

Banned
I'm hoping we get a true console sequel to Valkryia Chronicles, using the full power of the next gen. It would instantly sell the PS4 to me.

Mario007

There most likely be stupid miming going on for Kinect 2 and some other motion related gimmick in Sony's booth.
I doubt Sony will go heavy with motion in the first 2 years of the PS4 life. After that, yeah sure.

Kinda like the AR functions in the Vita are left completely untapped, waiting for the Invizimals game coming out in a years time along with the cartoon, because the Vita will much cheaper then and more attractive price-wise to parents.

Duffyside

Banned
All right, maybe this is the right place to finally ask this question; why was $599 such an awful price/moment? It's because there were no games to play on the machine, right? Or do people just think $600 is too much no matter what? Even if there is a $500 option like there was with the PS3?

If PS4 launches with an amazing lineup of games, is $600 really too much?

I don't think they have the technical capability to jump to PS4. And Sony will still have some PS3 games in development.
Their first PS3 project was a AAA open world game and they pulled it off splendidly. They were acquired by Sony last year too, thus they now have the technical and financial assistance as well as the talent to be working on a AAA PS4 project. I have no doubts that Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games will be among the first of the Sony devs we hear from when the PS4 is officially announced. The silence since Infamous 2 partnered with the Sony acquisition make this obvious IMO.

Top Bottom