• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Rumor: FFX|X-2 HD Remaster will have DLC (International Content)

HardRojo

Welp, was going to get it Day 1 but I'll just wait till it drops to $20, Kingdom Heart's HD isn't going down this route right?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Disgusting. I thought at least FFX Int. was a given, since it's the PAL version anyway.

The hell are people in this thread talking about? This sounds like it is just going to be additional content that was never in the original game, how is it a bad thing to charge for that?

i think its awesome

Kyoufu

The hell are people in this thread talking about? This sounds like it is just going to be additional content that was never in the original game, how is it a bad thing to charge for that?

i think its awesome

I have this content on my PS2 games already.

Meier

Gross. I thought about buying this at launch but this just means I'll wait for a sale and probably still won't buy the DLC. Fuck off, SE.

Necrovex

I was planning to get this HD collection on the first day, but if this is true, I'll simply wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

Seda

This is content found in the International releases of the PS2 titles. Europe even got the international content for FFX already. (X-2 was never released outside of Japan).

Even though it's 'new' for a lot of people, this is content already made years ago.

i think its awesome

FFX international content was in the PAL version of FFX. And DLC for fuckin PS2 remasters is stupid.

Darryl

Banned

this is stuff that was in the old PS2 game for some people. but hell, they should charge us double for being so generous to the rest of us! triple!

Haha nope. Will wait for bomba pricing if this is the case.

Square Enix sure know how to ruin whatever little good will they can gain with gamers these days.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What is this content exactly then? Maybe im missing something. i didnt know there were multiple versions of the original

The International Version was released on January 31, 2002, in Japan, and later in Europe (the European release was simply titled "Final Fantasy X"). This updated version of the game has different box art for Japan, and new features, such as an Expert Sphere Grid, which allows for accessing abilities more easily, but less overall stat-growth. New abilities were added to both Standard and Expert Grids.
The Dark Aeons and Penance, all powerful superbosses, were added, as well as many minor changes to dialogue, scenes, the Celestial Weapons' key items (Japan only), characters and armor, weapon customizations, such as Ribbon. The release also includes a bonus disc with behind the scenes making-of features of Final Fantasy X, and a special movie prologue to Final Fantasy X-2.

Sphere Grid in the International version.
The European release has the the Dark Aeons and Penance, as well as the new equipment abilities, but didn't change the name of the Celestial Sigils and Crests. As with previous PAL conversions of Final Fantasy installments, the game has noticeable black borders and a slower running-speed as a result of poor PAL conversion. The black label version includes a bonus DVD with the title Beyond Final Fantasy, which includes various interviews with the game developers, as well as two of the English voice actors. Additionally, it also includes trailers of various Square games, an art gallery, short biographies on Nobuo Uematsu and RIKKI, as well as a music video of RIKKI performing the song "Suteki Da Ne".
Some versions of Final Fantasy X: International have a glitch, whereby if the player goes to the area where they fight Dark Ifrit it is possible to slip past the men blocking the way to Home, and thus, be able to return to the story at the events in Home with Yuna in the party. This glitch can be repeated after the first time it is used.
wiki

akaoni

Banned
The English translation patch for FFX-2 International came out just recently, I guess I'll just play it that way when I feel like it.

Seda

I asked and got this response, still waiting for additional clarification.

Vi9uQhC.png

(Ben Bateman is the EU Square Enix community manager)

Meia

Well, let's see...

I was planning on buying this for at least $49.99, was not expecting it to be $39.99 to begin with.

Add all the "DLC", and it comes to that anyway.

I'm ok with this. :)

FFX international content was in the PAL version of FFX. And DLC for fuckin PS2 remasters is stupid.

Couldn't agree more. DLC where devs have worked on the extra content when they've finished the game but are adding extra stuff, sure, but breaking up a 12 year old game into DLC pieces is just :\

Stuart444

Considering the international content was already announced without a mention of it being DLC, I doubt this. Last Mission...maybe?

This, last mission... maybe but international content? I doubt this very much so.

The Japanese wouldn't like it since their last release had the international content (and after KH HD which had the FM content included and not as DLC), I doubt they would stand for that.

Besides that, they announced the international content would be included and didn't mention DLC at all (don't forget Europe also already had the International content for FFX).

Basically, this doesn't make any sense and VGLeaks hasn't exactly got a great rep with software based 'leaks' so I don't believe this until SE themselves confirm it.

The price isn't THAT bad concidering but why can't I have this content on the friggin disc? That won't change no matter how cheap I waited for the game to be.

I'd much rather them include the DLC on the disc and price the package at 50$.

RiverBed

Banned
It's sad that one of my favorite developers of all time has only one game I might be interested in this entire fucking generation. It is sadder that that single game is a prettier re-release of more than a decade old game. The pathetic part is breaking up a previous release into DLC and charging almost $50 for nostalgia...

Fuck you SE. Fuck you to hell and back and then some.

Strongly doubt that this is true. I don't think it'd be that easy to turn the International content into a mere patch, especially stuff like the totally altered Sphere Grids.

VGLeaks doesn't have a great record with software, guys.

BHK3

Banned
Sega did the exact same thing when they released the PC version of Sonic Adventure for the consoles but they ripped out the DX stuff and sold it as DLC.

Tizoc

^SEGA stuff go on sale all the time, so getting it and the DX DLC for cheap is not a big issue. Besides that release wasn't $40 =P.

Cool now I won't buy it.

You were waiting for a reason not to buy it? This could end up being a false rumor and then you flip a 180 and be getting it day 1.

Then again, VGLeaks are usually correct, right?

Top Bottom