• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Rumor: FFX|X-2 HD Remaster will have DLC (International Content)

Stuart444

Sega did the exact same thing when they released the PC version of Sonic Adventure for the consoles but they ripped out the DX stuff and sold it as DLC.

Yeah but I don't think they announced it as the DX content before hand (like they have with FFX/X-2) nor did they have a previous track record which SE now does (with KH1.5 HD being the FM versions)

This is just very unlikely to be true, the Last Mission stuff is the only bit I can see being true because as I found out in another thread, it was basically a separate not part of the main game addition.

Negator

Thinking about it, there is only one scenario where I would actually be okay with this:

Japanese VA is part of the DLC.

Darryl

Banned
Strongly doubt that this is true. I don't think it'd be that easy to turn the International content into a mere patch, especially stuff like the totally altered Sphere Grids.

VGLeaks doesn't have a great record with software, guys.

it'd explain what took them forever to release it. they could've been passing time till it was the best moment to release it for sales momentum and kept themselves busy in the free time.

Seda

NfFwBiE.png

Aeana

This doesn't line up with what I've heard personally. Not that it's out of the realm of possibility that plans have changed, but it seems unlikely.

If they charge me to play something I already had on my pal version I will not even buy their game. I have a US Vita now and I don't want to charge extra for something that was given in the PAL version for free along with terrible boarders.

I was considering buying this when they announced X-2, but fuck that if this is true.

I'm almost surprised that I'm surprised though; this makes so much sense after XIII-2.

This doesn't line up with what I've heard personally. Not that it's out of the realm of possibility that plans have changed, but it seems unlikely.
This is something they'd have to plan for since rather early in the project, I think, since they'd need to have a functioning patch process *and* builds of the game that work with and without the International content.

The most plausible scenario is that we're getting both International versions out of the box and no Last Mission at all, even as DLC.

Zoe

Thinking about it, there is only one scenario where I would actually be okay with this:

Japanese VA is part of the DLC.

I can't see that happening, especially since some of the FMV in X-2 was changed to accommodate the voicing differences.

This would be a bad move on their part. The pack would still have good value even if it were true, but as a PAL territory customer this would sting.

teiresias

Haha. Square Enix is such a horrendously incompetent company. If this crap is true they deserve to sell absolutely zero copies of this. It's completely deplorable.

nikos

Are people seriously upset about this? The total price still comes to $52.96, which is less than the retail price of most PS3 games. I understand this is a re-release but, for the amount of content you're getting in both games, it's more than worth it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why are they remastering X/X-2 and not XII? Are they nuts?

Coz they're both more popular than XII critically and commercially?

coldfoot

Banned
Coz they're both more popular than XII critically and commercially?
Comparing review scores and sales from 2001 vs. 2006 is not fair. The tastes of today's consumers are closer to those in 2006 (less time has passed), and I believe they'd enjoy FFXII more and FFX would feel too much old school for the mass public.

daveo42

Banned

I hope this isn't the case and everything's included in the retail release. Having to pay extra for the international version DLCs after I already own both retail versions of FFX and X-2 is salt in the wound. SE should have just said the HD collection was going to be $50-60 from the start if there were plans on this happening.

Comparing review scores and sales from 2001 vs. 2006 is not fair. The tastes of today's consumers are closer to those in 2006 (less time has passed), and I believe they'd enjoy FFXII more and FFX would feel too much old school for the mass public.

I think they still poll pretty regularly about which game/character is peoples' favorite, though.

On-topic: that's some bullshit. I knew the US getting both international versions was too good to be true.

Top Bottom