• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Rumor: FFX|X-2 HD Remaster will have DLC (International Content)

I'm not sure whether I'd be okay with this or not. My reasoning for the positive side of things is that the base product is only $39.99 and the DLC isn't that much, and it's content that I've been wanting for a long time.

On the negative side of things, it's DLC.

Squire

Banned
I'm not sure whether I'd be okay with this or not. My reasoning for the positive side of things is that the base product is only $39.99 and the DLC isn't that much, and it's content that I've been wanting for a long time.

DLC is great when it's new or supplementary. And hell, even when at least it appears to be.

If this true SE is pulling content from a ten year old game that everyone got for free at the outset. It's like if they had taken out five if Chrono Triggers endings upon putting up for download only to sell them separately.

I don't know how you can dislike DLC and be okay with this. I don't know how you can like DLC and be okay with. It's the very definition of nickel-and-diming and the icing is that it'd blatant.

Wilsongt

The X International DLC isn't that bad per se... I mean, I heard of all of the trouble the Dark Aeons give if you try to backtrack through certain parts of the game.

So you could destroy the game, then download the DLC and destroy the Dark Aeons.

But... the sphere grid... =/

Paches

Their new CEO is bringing innovative pricing structures to the market. This should benefit in a better consumer experience down the line. Sign me up!

Are people seriously upset about this? The total price still comes to $52.96, which is less than the retail price of most PS3 games. I understand this is a re-release but, for the amount of content you're getting in both games, it's more than worth it.

Because stealth price increases are fucking annoying. They already said it was the international versions, if this rumor is true the price just went up $10.

Going through the effort of taking out content on a ten year old game just to sell it as DLC. This generation is fucking horrific.

Kikujiro

I'm fine with DLCs, but this is different, they are taking away content that was in the original release (PAL version). I hope it's not true because S-E can't be that clueless if they want to win their fans back.

The X International DLC isn't that bad per se... I mean, I heard of all of the trouble the Dark Aeons give if you try to backtrack through certain parts of the game.

So you could destroy the game, then download the DLC and destroy the Dark Aeons.

But... the sphere grid... =/

Would that even work? Were FFX saves compatible with FFX International back in the day?

Not that that would be a good indicator of how it'd work here...I'm just thinking they'd make you start a new game completely to access the International content at all, for some reason.

Jacobbles

I feel like even S-E aren't big enough assholes to say we're getting something as part of the package and then later state that it's paid DLC... Right?

Guys?

Going through the effort of taking out content on a ten year old game just to sell it as DLC. This generation is fucking horrific.

And we already have people defending it. It's fucking insanity.

I feel like even S-E aren't big enough assholes to say we're getting something as part of the package and then later state that it's paid DLC... Right?

Guys?

The FFVII PC release turned out fine. People were freaking out when the micro transaction shit leaked out, then it turned out none of it mattered at all. So, there is hope.

Famassu

I can't see in what universe is this not BS (considering they already announced this and talked nothing of DLC). They are releasing KH ReMix with all the "International" (aka Final Mix) content and fuckton more without resorting to DLC, don't see why it would be any different with FFX | X-2 HD Collection, especially considering 99,9% of the International content of FFX is already localized.

Last Mission is the only thing that might be DLC, and that was kind of a separate thing originally as well, so that's not the worst thing to ever happen. But no way will Dark Aeons be DLC.

Ainaurdur

I have never been to vgleaks. Have never paid that much attention to any rumors that may have come from them.

This just has to be fake. Not that SE is not capable of making stupid decisions, but this would be absolutely terrible if true.

DLC is great when it's new or supplementary.

Not really. :p

Inorigo said:
If this true SE is pulling content from a ten year old game that everyone got for free at the outset. It's like if they had taken out five if Chrono Triggers endings upon putting up for download only to sell them separately.

Those endings were always in every version of Chrono Trigger as far as I know, so at least in the U.S., the FFX/X-2 DLC would be new content that was never available here. But I see what you're getting at, so fair enough, and it would suck for people in the territories that did get this content with the base game upon initial release. Therefore I really can't make a selfish defense about it. I can't say it would be okay in the U.S. but not elsewhere.

Inorigo said:
I don't know how you can dislike DLC and be okay with this. I don't know how you can like DLC and be okay with. It's the very definition of nickel-and-diming and the icing is that it'd blatant.

Maybe, but the $40 nets you two pretty massive RPG's and the DLC is pretty cheap and it's content that has never been made available to me, personally. I'm mostly turned off by short DLC that doesn't add much for a game in which the $60 price is... conflicting. Like Metal Gear Rising being really short, costing $60, and then they release DLC yesterday that costs $10 but only adds a little bit to the game.

Again, I don't really know where I stand on it. And it may not even be true. We can hope for the best and I hope it isn't true, I'm just explaining why I'm not like insane with anger at this point. If they released FF12 HD and charged for the International content I'd get it without hesitation because that's something I've longed for. But, I don't really know much about this international content, so maybe that's why I'm not as mad as some people. Maybe it isn't significant enough to warrant the extra charge, I dunno.

Petrae

So, basically, this saves me money. I already have Final Fantasy X for my PS2, which runs just fine. If the International content is stripped out for DLC, then I'm not missing anything. I'll wait for deep discounts or buy used later.

Shame to see Square resort to such nonsense, but such is the time that we live in.

Considering Europe only got the International version, they'd be willing to release a remastered game with less content than the original? Terrible if true.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Somehow I doubt it. The KH Final Mix content wasn't separate after all and SE have already said the International content is included for FFX/-2.

Also, for those acting like this is real news... please stop... VGLeaks hasn't exactly been reliable with software rumors.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well, this is bullshit...

It's especially bullshit for the regions that got the International editions more than a decade ago and will have the game stripped of features and re-sold as a separate package to them. I mean, seriously, what kind of shit is that?!

For NA guys like me though, as shitty as this is (if true), we don't really have much of a choice. 90% of the reason I want this game is for that content... fuck me this shit blows.

We're getting 1 more full game in the collection than we expected when it was announced, and at the same price or even a little lower than we expected. I can deal with the DLC.

SE would never do this too us. They didn't do it with KH either. The only company who would do this is Capcom.
I guess you meant the only Japanese company.

I could see bamco or koei pulling that kind of stuff. Not that they've done this kind of blatant stuff but they do tend to encourage lots of DLC.

magawolaz

*raises hand*

So, how about cross-buy SquareEnix?
iboDksZgt93YtT.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've played through FFX twice. It's gotten a bit too easy. I have to pay $5 extra to play with a different type of sphere grid that will change the way I play...(not interested in the extra bosses)

Hm.

No thanks.

It's not a lot of money, but it's the principal of the whole thing. Just up the price of the game $5 if you need it that badly. Can't they realize that this makes them look bad if true?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Somehow I doubt it. The KH Final Mix content wasn't separate after all and SE have already said the International content is included for FFX/-2.

Also, for those acting like this is real news... please stop... VGLeaks hasn't exactly been reliable with software rumors.

What rumors weren't true?

I see a lot that are only partially true. Who knows, FFX|X-2 HD Remaster might have DLC, but only for Last Mission (which is plausible).

If this collection has DLC, I'm canceling my preorder.
It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Jesus Christ, Square-Enix wants to fuck up EVERYTHING it seems.

teiresias

For NA guys like me though, as shitty as this is (if true), we don't really have much of a choice. 90% of the reason I want this game is for that content... fuck me this shit blows.

This is why gamers keep getting dicked over. Don't have much of a choice? Are you a baby? Are you being forced to consume this game like it's the only baby food your mother is willing to feed you to keep you alive? It's a video game - one you've played before at that. Suck it up and realize you're not going to die from not giving SE money for this.

Simply the idea of pricing Last Mission at $2.99 (less than the other stuff) shows how implausible this is. That'd incur a lot of localization costs that the others wouldn't. Which is why we're not getting it at all, and why this is a false rumor.

This rumor probably comes from a previous "source" of theirs, who went crazy here and on GameFAQs fairly recently and (IIRC) got banned for it, and who has expressed wishes that the entire Japanese gaming industry collapse and die. He's not rational and he's not an insider.

Jarnet87

Does international mean i can put on japanese voices and subtitles, because it's still a ripoff but at least it will make it playable.

This rumor probably comes from a previous "source" of theirs, who went crazy here and on GameFAQs fairly recently and (IIRC) got banned for it, and who has expressed wishes that the entire Japanese gaming industry collapse and die. He's not rational and he's not an insider.

Hopefully this is the case.

So this is why KH 1.5 is taking so long. They are actually going to remove the FM content from the game and sell it as DLC.

Never change SE.

khaaan

Curious to see the SDF spin this one...

"They're doing us a favor by letting people experience the game in its original form!"
"The content is so worth the price! I'd happily pay double."
"This is stuff that we haven't seen in North America before. I read an article about how localization works once and it just makes sense that they'd charge for it."

I'm probably part of the problem since I'm not familiar/invested in this specific entry enough to care whether or not the International content is paid DLC. It's still a crappy practice though and if true, it sucks for people who are eagerly looking forward to it.

Persona86

Banned
If this is true, seriously what is wrong with Square-Enix lately, it's like they DON'T want our money, every single decision.

They have a good thing going with this HD collection, people were getting hyped, the addition of X-2 and international content made people extra hyped, but no they don't like "positive" reactions to their content apparently haha.

But yeah it's just a rumor and I'll probably still buy it because it has X-2 included which is still twice the content I was expecting before.

Stuart444

2 continents would be getting less than what they originally purchased.

Exactly why I don't believe this until SE confirms it themselves.

Besides that, I don't subscribe to the mindset of "Don't like the DLC then don't buy it". If something like this happened to be true then voicing your complaints is perfectly reasonable as it lets the company know what you think.

In any case, I stand by what I said before, until SE confirms this, it's false. Too many things don't add up (the cost of Last Mission considering how much work would be needed for that, Europe/Japan getting less than what we originally got as the base game, the blog posts before mentioning the International versions without a mention of DLC, etc)

Top Bottom