• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX content schedule - three unannounced "world premieres"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Can someone PLEASE explain if this shit airing LIVE on SpikeTV or not? I really don't wanna have to hook-up & turn on my old, retired, launch 60GB PS3 that i'm trying to sell off.

My main android phone does have HDMI-out (via MHL), so which app I gotta use to stream this in HD?

It's not going to be live on TV only a recap there later on.
Android so long as you find the website should be able to load it up.
But if you need an app I know it's streaming on twitch

Why isn't there a counter in the OP? It's really helpful for all us international folk, since I have no idea when this is supposed to start.

McHuj

The wording on those world premieres leaves a lot of wiggle room for what it actually means. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Sorian

Banned
Also for people saying it sounds underwhelming; last year the only notable new reveals were Dark Souls 2 and the first teaser for MGS V and the year before that was TLOU. So it has a bit more this year.

Yeah but there was a giant flaming whale last year and I had no idea what the fuck was going on so bonus points for that.

Linkyn

I can feel it... we're going to see some smsh tonight. If ever there was a perfect time to reveal a new character, it is tonight.

yikes lack of sony in this. ms got titanfall, quantum break and probably 1 new game or halo 5 trailer

Can't believe people are actually doubting Sony. Would have thought they'd learned with the PS3 has no games schtick. The Ps4 will have plenty of games, Sony's just in no rush to announce anything because frankly, they really don't need to yet. They're still selling out incredibly fast without announcing much so why waste the hype?

Gartooth

The Nintendo thing sounds like a live-demo rather than a trailer, aka it's DK. What would be funny is if they didn't even bother to reveal Cranky in the demo.

Anyway there seems to be a nice list of games this year, but I'm really really holding out for these world premieres to be something. Also what is up with the "Bonus" world premiere?

JP

Didn't realise it was on for three hours, is the whole show being streamed or just parts of it?

Feindflug

yikes lack of sony in this. ms got titanfall, quantum break and probably 1 new game or halo 5 trailer

I wouldn't count on that, Halo 5 will probably be MS's big E3 game along with Black Tusk's game...I don't expect anything from MS except the already known Titanfall & Quantum Break trailers.

To be honest this year's VGX look kinda meh, I was hoping for new and exciting announcements with the new gen and all. :(

Derrick01

Banned
Am I the only one disappointed in revealing the schedule? I like surprises lol...don't tell me the schedule damn it!

I wish they gave out estimated time these segments are going to last so I can not only take breaks for many of the uninteresting parts (like youtube celebrities), I'd know exactly how long I could stay away.

NolbertoS

What time does the VGX start?? (PST timezone for me). I'm gonna head out with some friends but don't want to miss it and hope Nintendo drops Bombas Left and right. All this Wii U is dead news is getting me depressed, even though I own a PS4 and Xbox One

FACE

Banned
World premieres as chosen by you - You tell us which world premiere you want to see next: Tom Clancy's The Division or The Withcher 3: Wild Hunt

Suggestion: give PEWDIEPIE the boot and put one of those premieres in his time slot.

Replicant

South Park better be announcing that it'd also come on next-gen machines. We've been waiting too long for current-gen version and now it's kind of a bit too late for me. I'd like a next-gen version instead!

Brawl96

I have every device that can stream the VGX, but the question is WHICH ONE? Gaf, where are you watching VGX tonight? What is the premium device to experience it on?

Wait, how is people choosing which reveal or award is shown if this is prerecorded?

Also, Sm
o
sh.

It is a mix of pre-recorded and live in a studio.

Suggestion: give PEWDIEPIE the boot and put one of those premieres in his time slot.

We will see the other trailer no matter what. It costs too much money and takes too much time to make a trailer and then decide to never show it. Whoever looses will probably put it up on YouTube the following day.

Guesses:

1. Tomb Raider 2 Teaser
----Bonus World Premiere: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
2. Indie game with cool-sounding concept, but still in early development
3. Uncharted 4 trailer. No gameplay, but Nate is in it.

Derrick01

Banned
PewDiePie, really?

Will his 12 year old fanbase even be watching this?

Probably. He'll leave a message somewhere telling them to and we'll have 10 million people crashing the stream. Spike/GT's stream and video quality is already garbage under normal circumstances, so tonight's going to be rough.

Sorian

Banned

What's worse is that the tom clancy bullshit will probably win. :/

Edit: Also, am I supposed to know who this internet celebrity is?

Einbroch

Banned
I'm no webdesigner, but I hate it when I go to the main page of a site about a show and they don't tell me what time it's on. It's so simple yet so many sites fuck it up. Have to click on the "about the show" page to see a time.

Anyway, PewDiPie or whatever his name is is SO annoying. Ugh. Joel can't save me from him.

GSR

Can we expect Uncharted 4 footage? New Mass Effect?

I admit I don't know too much about Uncharted's development, but right now Mass Effect is looking less and less likely, especially with only a few 'surprise' slots. It seems like they're still in fairly early development, and while I guess a CG teaser is possible, it seems more likely they'll give the slots to something with a little more meat.

The wording on those world premieres leaves a lot of wiggle room for what it actually means. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Also, this.

iNvid02

Probably. He'll leave a message somewhere telling them to and we'll have 10 million people crashing the stream. Spike/GT's stream and video quality is already garbage under normal circumstances, so tonight's going to be rough.

its available to stream like everywhere, that could either lessen the load on GT or its all gonna go to shit

Error404

Banned
Nobody gives a flying fuck about PewDiePew

Wasn't this show supposed to be for the gamers and not for kids who use words like "rape" and "gay" in every second sentence to describe everything?
yeah I highly doubt his primary fanbase will be watching the show

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the difference between bonus and secret world premieres? I haven't brushed up on my world premiere rarity in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom