• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX content schedule - three unannounced "world premieres"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lara Croft in the flesh - Camilla Luddington, the voice behind Lara Croft, appears at VGX.

I really hope that appearances on the show are an indication of who's going to win (as it is with a lot of awards shows). The idea of her beating Ashley Johnson is just ridiculous.

Yards

Banned
Can't believe people are actually doubting Sony. Would have thought they'd learned with the PS3 has no games schtick. The Ps4 will have plenty of games, Sony's just in no rush to announce anything because frankly, they really don't need to yet. They're still selling out incredibly fast without announcing much so why waste the hype?

They don't need to? Come on.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
geoffnotannouncex9j9f.jpg

Astrates

I'm personally hoping for next in Mass Effect series as such, they did sta they were almost ready to share details on N7 day. Was also waiting for Fallout but oh well.

Honestly, i just need to see a glimpse of the next Uncharted and probably a 2014 date, apart from that, this whole show will be icing on the cake :D

Draconian

Why do they try to keep shoving youtubers and Mega 64 down our throats every year?

Why is the Game of the Year awarded in the second hour? None of this makes any sense.

We need that Chris Farley gif, "No Fallout 4, no Mass Effect 4, no Uncharted, No Order, no Zelda U, no Playstation games period, sell your PS4"

Gorillaz

The wording on those world premieres leaves a lot of wiggle room for what it actually means. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I really hope I'm wrong.
Felt the same. Reminds me of lasts year and the whole "5 new premieres" talk which one if them was new DLC for Assassins Creed 3.

Derrick01

Banned
Geoff has no one to blame but himself for people's insane expectations. He may be pulling it in a bit more this time but how many years did he pour gasoline on the fire for every other event GT was covering or holding?

CoolCat

Shouldn't it be four world premieres? Three + the one at the end of hour 1?
Or is it different from the others?

hank_tree

Maybe I'm misreading but only two of the premieres are called "Secret" in the OP. So I would expect the other two to be new looks at already announced games. Maybe PS4 Uncharted or Smash Bros or something like that?

Paches

Sounds like Geoff is trying to clamp down on expectations. Hype deflating and now expecting a poor showing.

Gartooth

I just saw the award for character of the year, sounds easy I'll pick Joel or Ell... what!?

Also upon further reflection, the Bonus World Premiere is probably the indie game that seemed to impress Spike.

The guy bugging him about it is acting like a child.

Yup. People always hype stuff like this with insane expectations, and then start hating on Keighley because their own made up expectations don't match. I feel bad for him, he gets so much hate without really doing anything to justify it most of the time.

Im more intrigued as to what the reveals are now.

Hello Games has one. That's an indie title. It seems like Alien Isolation could be another. And that would leave one final announcement. I could see the final world premiere being the debut of GTAV's first DLC since that leaked Tomb Raider image had it listed.

I really hope that appearances on the show are an indication of who's going to win (as it is with a lot of awards shows). The idea of her beating Ashley Johnson is just ridiculous.
She isn't going to beat Johnson, Page or Draper. Her performance was the worst out of the 4 and that's not even a subjective opinion. And in terms of celebrity status she also looses against Page and is probably about even with Johnson.

There is no way she wins. This is Johnson vs. Page with Draper coming in 3rd.

RPGCrazied

Maybe I'm misreading but only two of the premieres are called "Secret" in the OP. So I would expect the other two to be new looks at already announced games. Maybe PS4 Uncharted or Smash Bros or something like that?

Yeah. Seriously doubt we are going to get totally new unannounced stuff never seen. Heard that song and dance before.

Milennia

Geoff has no one to blame but himself for people's insane expectations. He may be pulling it in a bit more this time but how many years did he pour gasoline on the fire for every other event GT was covering or holding?

Isn't that in his job description? Seems like he does it quite well, even if theres crap shown.

KoopaTheCasual

So one of them is the indie game from Hello Games. So two new AAA titles?

Also, Sony completely shat the bed, in terms of announcements, didn't they? They have nothing on that list. I'm not holding my breath that one of the two AAA titles is from them. Womp womp.

Shouldn't it be four world premieres? Three + the one at the end of hour 1?
Or is it different from the others?

Woah, completely missed that one. It's not highlighted or mentioned in the OP. Wonder why? Seems pretty explicitly to be another game reveal.

Xater

One of those world premieres better not be Uncharted 4. It#s not a premiere if we already officially know the game exists.

Empty

kinda suprised it seems so low-key. figured this, after the launches, would be a really good time for announcing new ps4/xbone stuff.

Salex_

I think Geoff was just talking about the hopes of a bunch of sequels being announced was unrealistic. We don't know what to expect if most of the announcements turns out to be new IPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom