• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video: Chicago Cops Shoot Teen and Call Him a ‘B**** A** Motherf*****’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

“Bitch ass motherfucker,” the Chicago police officer says as unarmed 18-year-old Paul O’Neal lays dead or dying on the ground.

“Get your hands behind your back. Fucking shoot at us…”

Except O’Neal never shot at police on July 28. The only shots fired came from multiple officers who shot at the teen as he first fled in a stolen Jaguar, then ran on foot through backyards in the area of 75th and Merrill in the city’s South Shore neighborhood.

“They shot at us too, right?” an officer asks after as O’Neal lays bleeding from a gunshot wound to the back in an unsuspecting citizen’s driveway.

“I shot at the car after it almost hit you,” another officer replies. “Dude, I heard shots and fucking shot at him.”

These were the scenes caught on videos released today by the Independent Police Review Authority. While they don’t make clear who is responsible for the fatal shot, the videos do show that police thought O’Neal was shooting at them during a chaotic car chase that ended with the teen dead on Chicago cement. O’Neal, who had rammed a Chicago police squad car just before he was shot in the back and killed, is black; several of the officers who opened fire that day are white. One appears to be Hispanic.

For more than a week now rumors have been flying within the Chicago Police Department about what actually happened the day O’Neal was killed. A police source told The Daily Beast that one story had O’Neal ramming a squad car and backing up for a second try when a passenger officer opened fire on the teen, but that doesn’t appear to be the case according to the videos released today.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...en-cal-and-scream-bitch-ass-motherfucker.html

LQX

He's young, but his death is sort of the consequences of being in a high speed chase with police officers.

hawk2025

He's young, but his death is sort of the consequences of being in a high speed chase with police officers.

No, it isn't.

Cops aren't trained to shoot at fleeing cars that aren't shooting back. This isn't Lethal Weapon.

inner-G

Banned
The one cops thought the driver was shooting, but it was actually a different officer that was shooting, who shouldn't have been according to their department protocol for shooting at vehicles if I understand properly

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
ugh... fuck that first post. Stealing a car isn't a death sentence. So ignorant.

His death is sort of the consequence of being black, you mean. He was shot in the back. Police are not supposed to be executioners and the guy had already crashed the car so he was no longer driving a vehicle.

No it's fucking not. Stolen property should not make you liable to lose your life. It's just a fucking car and the punishment does not fit the crime. Theres nothing remotely resembling justice here.

In addition, dumbass cops shooting wildly at a fleeing vehicle is a pretty good way for innocent bystanders to get injured or worse.

How fast till someone come to the defence of these honorable men that make sure "All Lives Matter"?

Ten posts? Second page?

Anywho, sad. I wish there was an organization that actively looked for young men who are going down the wrong path in life to help them before reality's monsters finds them, execute them, then collects their bonuses.

Zornack

No it's fucking not. Stolen property should not make you liable to lose your life.

In addition, dumbass cops shooting wildly at a fleeing vehicle is a pretty good way for innocent bystanders to get injured or worse.

A high speed chase is not a case of stolen property.

Officer shouldn't have shot wildly at the car, though, you're right.

Guevara

Did the guy try to run the cops over with his car?

according to the article he "rammed a Chicago police squad car just before he was shot in the back and killed"

Edit: the Chicago Times website has multiple bodycam streams edited together.

He rams several police vehicles, the last one hard enough that the camera glitches out, and smoke starts to pour of out of the engine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ting-paul-oneal-video-met-20160805-story.html

(at about 1:50)

The three officers involved have now been stripped of their police powers after investigators found they had broken their police department's policy. Unlike some police departments, it's against Chicago police policy to shoot at vehicles if the driver is unarmed, even if that vehicle is being used as a weapon.

Source

These cops fucked up and should be fired and prosecuted.

HvySky

No, it really, really fucking isn't. The fuck outta here with this.

Cop had his gun at the ready before he'd even pulled up or had gotten out of his car. Randomly firing on the car as it drives by is incredibly dangerous, and he could have hit a bystander. Not to mention at no point had they confirmed if the kid was even armed, so shooting was doubly unnecessary.

The one cops thought the driver was shooting, but it was actually a different officer that was shooting, who shouldn't have been according to their department protocol for shooting at vehicles if I understand properly

This was my read on it, too. Kid should be in jail, not dead. Will there be any consequences?

edit:

Source
The three officers involved have now been stripped of their police powers after investigators found they had broken their police department's policy. Unlike some police departments, it's against Chicago police policy to shoot at vehicles if the driver is unarmed, even if that vehicle is being used as a weapon. Paul O'Neal's family is suing the police department following these events.

Good find, should be at the top of every page. So what are the consequences for violating that policy in a manner that leads to a death?

Did I just witness a video where a bunch of police officers sort of sat and casually chatted about who fired shots? What the fuck?

Dinokill

What is the point of censoring bitch ass motherfucker on the title when the first three words in the content of the OP are uncensored bitch ass motherfucker?

CHC

Yeah might be OK to say that if he crashed his own car into a brick wall and died. Nothing about this is a "consequence" of anything aside from systemic police violence.

Messy situation. Seems like the cop that was rammed thought the shots fired came from the suspect instead of fellow officers shooting at the suspect in the moving vehicle(against policy). Cops will get off scott free.

MJLord

Look how quickly the cops escalated that to a gunfight. Is that seriously how you think the police should act?

Shouldn't be stealing cars.

His death is unfair. But an individual has to make better decisions with their life. No matter how dire the living conditions are. You gotta rise above it.

As an AA, I know the system is working against me.

blakep267

Did any of you guys see the tweets by @charliedemar

I have no idea how to embed pics on this site but those tweets he sent that the officers were saying are pretty damning. Pretty much plotting to cover it up on camera

TheFatOne

Not at all. Considering everything the police did was in direct violation of their rules. Can't shoot at a moving car, and cant' shoot at a fleeing suspect. Unless the suspect is shooting them. He was unarmed.

Toxi

Banned
[Agent]ZeroNine;212576775 said:
How fast till someone come to the defence of these honorable men that make sure "All Lives Matter"?

Ten posts? Second page?
First fucking post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom