• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame merchandise to cellphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm sure this is old news to some of you, but Squenix has put out an app for cell phones so that you can download screenshots from your favorite video games and use them as wallpapers.

This is a brilliant idea. Why haven't more people been doing this? There's no way you can tell me that Bungie wouldn't make a killing off of one of these stupid apps, charging people $1.50 to put a picture of Master Chief on their cellphone.

And why haven't they started putting up their own music as downloadable content, as well? Again, Bungie could make a KILLING off of the Halo theme, as could tons of other companies. Sure you can get the Super Mario theme song, but what else?

It just seems to me that this could be a really profitable market for the developers to get into. maybe I'm wrong... here's hoping konami builds one soon.

NLB2

Banned
When a topic about cellphone wallpapers mentions Master Chief, Square Enix, Bungie, and Konami it does :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom