• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtue's Last Reward SPOILER Thread

Necrovex

Which makes me wonder how fucked up that base was to the point that Sigma lost his eye and arms. Since I assume that will be the final entry of the Zero Escape, stuff is gonna get crszy.

I wonder also if they succeed in saving the world and make an alternative time line, what will that Akane do? Because...there wont be anything for her to go all vigilante on then and she is still young during that period. Maybe Akane will stop being crazy as hell and get some of dat Junpei or something.

We can only hope Junpei and Akane can be forever together and make lots of babies. They will live in the suburbs. Sigma and Phi will be their neighbors. And a bunch of baby espers will play around. Everything will be bright and sunny and everything shall be filled with happiness.

Only horrible things will happen. :-(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You know, playing the game again (finally finished my English playthrough), I just noticed something.

You know the password to the computer that K (Kyle) gives you? MIL-KEV-OLI

It reads I LOVE KLIM backwards.

I wonder who wrote the password then... hmm....

Esura

Banned
We can only hope Junpei and Akane can be forever together and make lots of babies. They will live in the suburbs. Sigma and Phi will be their neighbors. And a bunch of baby espers will play around. Everything will be bright and sunny and everything shall be filled with happiness.

Only horrible things will happen. :-(

This my dream.

Why the cutest character in 999 gotta end up some crazy ass, know it all lady trying to save the world? Which in the end isn't saving the time she is in but making an alternative timeline that does absolutely nothing for no one in the time she is currently in.

But thats another thing I don't get. When Tenmyo...Old Man Junpei explains about her actions not doing anything for that current future it makes me wonder, why? In 999 Akane did that whole game to save herself from dying in the past, which if she didn't would die in the present. So I don't get why that wouldn't apply for the stuff in VLR. Its like they are using two different time traveling/manipulation theories.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone know if the hidden hard mode ending is on YouTube yet?

Hey now... finishing the game isn't that difficult on your own.

You know, playing the game again (finally finished my English playthrough), I just noticed something.

I was wondering about that myself...

Esura

Banned
I think either Luna or Kyle did that (I think). Luna I think told Sigma, "I love you Doctor" when she was dying in her ending and Kyle loves his "pops".

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

That will be Luna. The Id is luna's serial number.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I was wondering about that myself...

Now that I think on it was probably Luna. In K's (Kyle's) backstory he talked about asking his father (Sigma) for a mother. At which point he built a robot to act as his mother. I'll bet that was Luna, and the stuff that Kyle perceived as just programmed responses with no genuine feeling was actually Luna genuinely caring for him. :)

That will be Luna. The Id is luna's serial number.

Ah, I'd forgotten that. Mystery solved. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Now that I think on it was probably Luna. In K's (Kyle's) backstory he talked about asking his father (Sigma) for a mother. At which point he built a robot to act as his mother. I'll bet that was Luna, and the stuff that Kyle perceived as just programmed responses with no genuine feeling was actually Luna genuinely caring for him. :)

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that his "stand-in" mother was Luna... which makes it worse because Kyle was so mean to her :<

Nexas

I think either Luna or Kyle did that (I think). Luna I think told Sigma, "I love you Doctor" when she was dying in her ending and Kyle loves his "pops".

It was probably Luna's. The ID was hers and I doubt Kyle would refer to his father as Klim. Of course the question then becomes how did Kyle no Luna's password?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe I just missed it or I forgot... But what is Kyle's actual purpose besides being a back-up for Old Sigma?

Esura

Banned
Since most of the Earth population offed themselves, it stands to reason that a lot of their family members most likely perished. I can't see a blind person surviving a pandemic and a nuclear holocaust.

Roto13

Since most of the Earth population offed themselves, it stands to reason that a lot of their family members most likely perished. I can't see a blind person surviving a pandemic and a nuclear holocaust.

Motherfucking Snake can survive anything.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So the set up for game three will probably be:

Kyle (main character)
Sigma (22 year-old body, 67 year old consciousness)
Phi

Maybe -
Akane
Junpei

And then whatever new characters they add to the mix. The worst part is going to be the wait... I hope Uchikoshi has made significant progress on it since GPD/VLR saw its initial release in February.

iammeiam

My brain is exploding trying to understand the way time-travel works out and whether or not the moon Nonary Game still has to happen if game 3 sees Radical 6 stopped from ever being released. Like, could VLR actually be set during a timeline when Sigma has already prevented the release of Radical 6? And Akane's job is just to eternally drug Sigma, stick him in a room, convince him Radical 6 got out, then ship him to the moon for 45 years so old-him can go back in time again save the world all over (similar to her setting up the Nonary game in 999 so adult Junpei could save young her)? If they ever didn't do this, whose consciousness would jump into Young Sigma's body? Also weird that Sigma can't know what went down on the failed base attempt, given that literally the entire game you've played is based on the idea that you have to learn from the past in order to redo it.

Goddamn that ending. Good game, but I think it broke my brain.

Busaiku

How would Kyle exist at the time?
Sigma wouldn't have gone into cloning then.

I actually think Light may have some involvement there or something.

Necrovex

So the set up for game three will probably be:

Kyle (main character)
Sigma (22 year-old body, 67 year old consciousness)
Phi

Maybe -
Akane
Junpei

And then whatever new characters they add to the mix. The worst part is going to be the wait... I hope Uchikoshi has made significant progress on it since GPD/VLR saw its initial release in February.

What is an usual development length for VN titles? Can I at least be expecting it in 2014 based on the developer's past work?

Esura

Banned
Motherfucking Snake can survive anything.
It is possible, since he can't see its harder to off himself due to Radical 6 even though he probably wanted to. :p

Kyle is inhabiting another body if we go by Moses Akane.

But who is inside Kyle? Young Sigma?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope we get someone who looks and feels like Lotus or Alice. We got a belly dancer and an Egyptian priestess. I wonder what kind of lady are we getting next.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It is possible, since he can't see its harder to off himself due to Radical 6 even though he probably wanted to. :p

Kyle is inhabiting another body if we go by Moses Akane.

But who is inside Kyle? Young Sigma?

YOU.

What is an usual development length for VN titles? Can I at least be expecting it in 2014 based on the developer's past work?

Took 2 years between 999 and VLR.

He'll be in someone's body in 2028 - who that is, is unknown.

Kazerei

Banned
Spiffying look robes.

5zZfi.jpg

Snake woke up wearing them in 999.

Snake_freed.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if those robes belong to Free The Soul?

Not sure why Akane would have them though...but still that's a fancy "f" on it I think.

Aeana

All done with the game. The last part was the best part, because of Troy. I hate so much that he was only voiced there, but at least now I understand why it was necessary. There's no way they could mask the body/age were he voiced, I suppose.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't want to be Kyle though!!!!!!

That's not a long wait. And if I'm lucky, my Japanese will be at a proficient level to play the Japanese release of the final game.

I like Kyle; I just hope they give his 2028 version a good design.

It's not long but... the ending of VLR was so good I need vol. 3 since yesterday ;-;

Esura

Banned

I hate that when games want to involve the player like that. Yes I know that sounds stupid but it feels jarring after seeing all these twists and turns with established characters.

I wonder why Akane got the Free the Soul clothes on. Maybe she was apart of it for a bit undercover or she knows the person of FS or something.

I hate how my Sigma = Santa theory was dismantled hard though. :(

Busaiku

The one that Akane, Snake, Clover, Nona, etc. had to play as kids? No, that's not possible. Free the Soul was already established by that point, from what Alice says.

But with time traveling nonsense, you've got free reign to do whatever, whenever when you want.

Top Bottom