• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
装甲悪鬼村正;142796008 said:
You should read Asairo if you haven't already. To me it's Shumon's best work.

Thanks, I just started an hour of it, I have to say the main character is starting to piss me off.

I finally took some time to finish the "fault millestone one Demo"
Fault_demo_01.png

Such strong yuri vibes

I was alright ..it was even good.

I must admit i wasn't expecting that twist buit the way the game started and the way thing unfolded was peculiar and intresting at the same time.

I think i'll buy the rest of the game to see how this end and hope that milestone two will be picked by sekai project at some point.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Grisaia KS is launching late Monday evening.

>_> Wish they waited for Clannad to be over, but then again it won't end for at least a month, giving us time to recoup losses.

I think i'll buy the rest of the game to see how this end and hope that milestone two will be picked by sekai project at some point.

I believe they said from their extra funds from the first one, that they would put it toward doing the sequel.

I asked this elsewhere, but I'll check here too. If I made an OT for Coming Out On Top (with the mods' permission), would people here participate?

cj_iwakura

I started playing XBlaze: Code Embryo.

I definitely wouldn't call it boring, and the visuals are great for a VN, but what I will say is that if you aren't into BlazBlue, none of this will make any sense at all.

I started playing XBlaze: Code Embryo.

I definitely wouldn't call it boring, and the visuals are great for a VN, but what I will say is that if you aren't into BlazBlue, none of this will make any sense at all.

I dunno, I followed it well enough without having ever touched a BlazBlue game. It's even got an entire glossary of terms.

I'll wait for the Vita version, even if it takes a long time. I'm happy the PC version is ready though, that means Sekai Project can focus on other projects instead.

They are still waiting on Sony so they can release a non PSM version. Hopefully that pans out.

Shizuka

They are still waiting on Sony so they can release a non PSM version. Hopefully that pans out.

I really hope so, I'd love to get it as a full-fledged native Vita game, with trophies and everything. It shouldn't be that hard, seeing that there are a few awful Vita games getting released with Sony's approval every week.

Lol getting Fault on steam , downloading it , starting it and then AVG wake up and tell me it's dangerous.

Then it messes with the fault install and i can't launch the game anymore.

I ....

Sigh*

EDIT : mande an exception in resident shield , cleared steam cache and redowloaded the missing files.

Damn that cliffhanger ending in Fault Milestone One. I enjoyed it though, even if it feels like a much smaller slice of the overall story than I was expecting. For those curious, it took me 5 hours to read and it's completely linear.

And the Grisaia KS seems to have been delayed only a day as it's going up tonight.

Merun

Damn that cliffhanger ending in Fault Milestone One. I enjoyed it though, even if it feels like a much smaller slice of the overall story than I was expecting. For those curious, it took me 5 hours to read and it's completely linear.

And the Grisaia KS seems to have been delayed only a day as it's going up tonight.

Just started Fault milestone one. I had stopped the demo at the begining of chapter 4 to avoid cliffhanger but if it ends with cliffhanger... damn.

I tried the fault - milestone one demo and it has an enjoyable story, charming characters and nice world-building (though it cheats a little on this part). I think it's clumsily written, though, making some dialogues and sequence of events awkward to read in some parts.

I ended up buying it anyway because curse ending the demo when it's getting interesting.

Servbot24

Banned
Hi guys. I make graphic novels as well as indie games and I am interested in experimenting with a visual novel. Are there any in particular that you feel really exemplify the virtues of the medium, and are must-haves for someone who wants to learn about the design tendencies prevalent in these games/stories? Definitely getting Steins Gate when it comes to the US. Waiting on a sale for Dangan Ronpa. Thanks in advance!

btw I have Vita, PS4, 3DS, Wii U. Vita preferred.

Shizuka

Hi guys. I make graphic novels as well as indie games and I am interested in experimenting with a visual novel. Are there any in particular that you feel really exemplify the virtues of the medium, and are must-haves for someone who wants to learn about the design tendencies prevalent in these games/stories? Thanks in advance?

btw I have Vita, PS4, 3DS, Wii U. Vita preferred

999 is the first one your should be considering. There are plenty others, but that one should be #1.

Dominator

Is there a list somewhere of all visual novels released in the US, that are not on PC? Just consoles and handhelds. Will be curious to see if there are a ton out there. I'm assuming no but I'm sure I missed a lot. Love the genre.

Shizuka

Is there a list somewhere of all visual novels released in the US, that are not on PC? Just consoles and handhelds. Will be curious to see if there are a ton out there. I'm assuming no but I'm sure I missed a lot. Love the genre.

Ten, fifteen titles max. I'd list the ones I remember, but I'm on my phone.

redhairedking

There are only a few, I'm sure you could find a list on vndb or something

jtan

Hi guys. I make graphic novels as well as indie games and I am interested in experimenting with a visual novel. Are there any in particular that you feel really exemplify the virtues of the medium, and are must-haves for someone who wants to learn about the design tendencies prevalent in these games/stories? Definitely getting Steins Gate when it comes to the US. Waiting on a sale for Dangan Ronpa. Thanks in advance!

btw I have Vita, PS4, 3DS, Wii U. Vita preferred.

I tried paying virtues last reward but somehow got side tracked and haven't finished it, but danganronpa is such a good one! First and second are amazing. Definitely need to try!

PewPewK

Five and a half hours since Grisaia went up and $110,000 down! Whoohoo! Looks like we'll not only fund it, but get both stretch goals, too.

tumblr_ndpewn3mCS1r5cbh0o1_250.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Five and a half hours since Grisaia went up and $110,000 down! Whoohoo! Looks like we'll not only fund it, but get both stretch goals, too.

I just wish the 18+ people would stop complain on the Sekai forums and Facebook. People are VERY demanding about info on it, but I mean it's coming as long as this campaign succeeds, which it will probably tomorrow. I know there was mention of a discount too, but geeze, unless people want one of those limited tiers, can't they wait? All I'm reading is whining from them at that they are being "tricked" into getting the cut version, some still seem to think that ALL suggestive scenes are cut, and so forth.

I wish people had more patience and realized that going in between another company from another country doesn't get snappy quick results -_- The Internet.

Josephl64

I just wish the 18+ people would stop complain on the Sekai forums and Facebook. People are VERY demanding about info on it, but I mean it's coming as long as this campaign succeeds, which it will probably tomorrow. I know there was mention of a discount too, but geeze, unless people want one of those limited tiers, can't they wait? All I'm reading is whining from them at that they are being "tricked" into getting the cut version, some still seem to think that ALL suggestive scenes are cut, and so forth.

I wish people had more patience and realized that going in between another company from another country doesn't get snappy quick results -_- The Internet.

I am one of the people who are also waiting on the 18+ news, but I seriously have no idea why they're compaining. It was even said that more info on the matter would come later, and even before the kickstarter will be over. Maybe I'm just missing something...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I am one of the people who are also waiting on the 18+ news, but I seriously have no idea why they're compaining. It was even said that more info on the matter would come later, and even before the kickstarter will be over. Maybe I'm just missing something...

Yeah I don't get it. I totally get that there's people that want that over the all age version, but they are just crapping all over the Vita version and act like Sekai cut out the scenes themselves, or something. Geeze. (I'm guessing that most of the complainers aren't even over 18, with their maturity).

It's already getting funding and with stretch goals too, inevitably. I'm not sure why they are even bothering to pledge if they REALLY don't want the version being offered.

Malreyn

Yeah I don't get it. I totally get that there's people that want that over the all age version, but they are just crapping all over the Vita version and act like Sekai cut out the scenes themselves, or something. Geeze. (I'm guessing that most of the complainers aren't even over 18, with their maturity).

It's already getting funding and with stretch goals too, inevitably. I'm not sure why they are even bothering to pledge if they REALLY don't want the version being offered.

People are scared it'll get butchered like "If my heart had wings"

Josephl64

I'm getting both just because of how much of a fan I am of the VN(at least if it ends up being an add-on and not interchangeable). I would think people 18+ would be more mature and levelheaded about this, but I guess that's not the case.

All the Twitter hints leave me little doubt 18plus is coming.
It's been basically directly said that it's coming, but how, when, and in what form we don't know.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

You mean the 18+ version? They've already said it's coming, just later, and it's not like they will censor THAT. I also love how no one seems to care that even the all-age version has extra scenes, meaning you would technically need BOTH versions for the definitive experience. Not sure how many will actually get both for that, but I'm pretty sure the people freaking out don't even know about it.

That's not even possible. The console versions are legit products from Frontwing, not clumsily hacked apart things. And there's little worry about the translation with Koestl handling it.

Josephl64

You mean the 18+ version? They've already said it's coming, just later, and it's not like they will censor THAT. I also love how no one seems to care that even the all-age version has extra scenes, meaning you would technically need BOTH versions for the definitive experience. Not sure how many will actually get both for that, but I'm pretty sure the people freaking out don't even know about it.

If My Heart Had Wings is a different VN they handled horribly, but I wouldn't compare the two.That VN in case you're curious suffers from a horrible translation mainly(as for H CGs...it is steam so I don't see what people expected although I heard of a patch coming to remedy that anyways which can't save the tl work regardless)

Top Bottom