• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If My Heart Had Wings is a different VN they handled horribly, but I wouldn't compare the two. It seems they learned from their mistakes this time. That VN in case you're curious suffers from a horrible translation mainly(as for H CGs...it is steam so I don't see what people expected although I heard of a patch coming to remedy that anyways which can't save the tl work regardless)

Yeah I did hear about the issue with it, and for that one they did indeed manually take out the H-scenes I think?

Josephl64

Yeah I did hear about the issue with it, and for that one they did indeed manually take out the H-scenes I think?

right, but you can't have them on steam anyways...a patch is coming to fix that part. It was hacked apart pretty bad even though they tried to make it flow as if you didn't need them...nothing but a complete reworking could save it for me(mainly that translation).

grim-tales

Not that I'm getting my hopes up here or anything, but I just read this article which has (yet again) fuelled speculation about ZE3, but who knows, they could be referring to anything.

http://gamershonesttruth.com/lesser-known-games-2015/

In the article, the author mentions an interview with Uchikoshi in which he says many games will come out the following year (and the year after that). What could they be working on? Of course it doesnt mean one of them is ZE3 but interesting none the less.

I know about some "VNs" from the west

yearwalk
80 Days
sunless sea
Aviary attorney
Hatoful boyfriend
Dragon pass

Can someone here recommend me similar (western) games that I might like?

Well so i woke up , noticed teh grisaia kickstarter ,
Was very happy to see 100K + already , then was surprised by those pledges.
Then remembered the insane amount of text and routes from the enjoyable first game.

Then pledged 180$

Cancelled my clannad pledge , because this feels better somehow.

Noticed the 420$ pledge , lol ..i guess this hint is not enough for those waiting for the 18+ version lol

Not that I'm getting my hopes up here or anything, but I just read this article which has (yet again) fuelled speculation about ZE3, but who knows, they could be referring to anything.

http://gamershonesttruth.com/lesser-known-games-2015/

In the article, the author mentions an interview with Uchikoshi in which he says many games will come out the following year (and the year after that). What could they be working on? Of course it doesnt mean one of them is ZE3 but interesting none the less.

I want to believe!!!! >_<

Burnburn

yearwalk
80 Days
sunless sea
Aviary attorney
Hatoful boyfriend
Dragon pass

Check out this topic. I'd personally recommend checking out dysfunctional system if you can get it at a low price. The game is only 2 hours long and suffers a bit from it, there isn't a lot of meat to it. But it's enjoyable for what it is.

I spend like 20 minutes searching for that topic btw, did not want to pop up on google.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

yearwalk
80 Days
sunless sea
Aviary attorney
Hatoful boyfriend
Dragon pass

Actually Hatoful Boyfriend is a Japanese release but western VNs aren't my forte so I'll let someone take that up.

Even though Clannad is priority one and two (whether I double dip or triple dip and if I get any of the other things is still up for debate), at least the Grisaia Kickstarter ends long after the Clannad one. That means I could go for the $120 pledge and dodge the Xmas spending problem.

Now with Fault Milestone One and MangaGamer's sale, it's decision time indeed. :( My poor wallet is already down $87 from a JList sale.

Just saw the Fault Milestone One trailer... I'm getting Fate/Zero/Stay Night vibes from the graphics and style they're using in the trailer...

Are the two supposed to look similar, or is my brain just messing with me?

Just saw the Fault Milestone One trailer... I'm getting Fate/Zero/Stay Night vibes from the graphics and style they're using in the trailer...

Are the two supposed to look similar, or is my brain just messing with me?

The content isn't very similar other than being about fantasy characters who use magic.

grim-tales

Is there one coming for Android devices?
Speaking of Android, where is the Android version of Banshee's Last Cry like Aksys promised?! Can I install ITunes on PC and play it like that? :)

Shizuka

Is there one coming for Android devices?
Speaking of Android, where is the Android version of Banshee's Last Cry like Aksys promised?! Can I install ITunes on PC and play it like that? :)

You can't, you'll need an iOS device (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch).

The content isn't very similar other than being about fantasy characters who use magic.
Ah okay, I think it wa just the silvery block letters with black backgrounds and embers flying that did it. *shrugs*

Still, definitely keeping my eye on this for when I get time. I'm loving that more and more VNs are coming to Steam!

grim-tales

Thanks again :)
Just realised I posted my earlier post about Adrift in the wrong thread sorry! I should have posted it in the OELVN thread not this one.

I heard that Sweet Fuse is somewhat similar to Danganronpa and i have seen a video where you need to choose an answer choosing the right words in a text, how exactly is the "gameplay"?
Sweet Fuse isn't similar to DanganRonpa really at all, beyond the very few instances where you need to parse through some dialogue for specific words.

If anything it's closer to 999/VLN, though just on a surface level. The game is about 7 people trapped in a warped theme park by a crazy mascot character and forced to participate in twisted versions of the attractions or potentially die in the process.

Really though it's just an otome VN, where you read a lot, make some choices and try to woo and be wooed by various dreamy guys. It's a pretty great game with an awesome cast and very nice artwork. (Good music too.)

cj_iwakura

Sweet Fuse isn't similar to DanganRonpa really at all, beyond the very few instances where you need to parse through some dialogue for specific words.

If anything it's closer to 999/VLN, though just on a surface level. The game is about 7 people trapped in a warped theme park by a crazy mascot character and forced to participate in twisted versions of the attractions or potentially die in the process.

Really though it's just an otome VN, where you read a lot, make some choices and try to woo and be wooed by various dreamy guys. It's a pretty great game with an awesome cast and very nice artwork. (Good music too.)

Also far better overall than Hakuoki. Hakuoki starts out great then loses steam, and the protagonist is as milquetoast as they get. Sweet Fuse's has charisma.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Hakuouki, which version do you guys suggest I play? I own the PSP, 3DS, and PS3 version. I think I recall the PS3 being the definitive version, with everything 3DS has plus more?

Shizuka

Speaking of Hakuouki, which version do you guys suggest I play? I own the PSP, 3DS, and PS3 version. I think I recall the PS3 being the definitive version, with everything 3DS has plus more?

PS3 is the definitive version, by far. 3DS has a couple of side-stories not present in the PS3 version, but that nowhere near compares to the content from the PS3 version.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gotcha. I got all of the LEs and been wanting to start one soon. Been thinking of going with PS3 anyways. Then I can finally check out the anime.

Shizuka

Gotcha. I got all of the LEs and been wanting to start one soon. Been thinking of going with PS3 anyways. Then I can finally check out the anime.

Just remember that it's a long game. A really long one. Specially if you're going for all the routes.

grim-tales

Shinji Hosoe confirmed as part of the group! Great news

Project ACE &#8207;@CobaltEternity 7h7 hours ago

@SaveZeroEscape Shinji Hosoe, composer of 999 and virtue's last reward, will contribute to Adrift in a Cobalt Eternity's soundtrack !

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

@SaveZeroEscape Shinji Hosoe, composer of 999 and virtue's last reward, will contribute to Adrift in a Cobalt Eternity's soundtrack!
I'm going to try and not be excited, but I'm hopeful... Could this all even be a tease for ZE3?!? The game is called "ACE", after all. ;)

... Okay, no it isn't, it is just a stepping stone, but GUYS! The composer for Xenoblade is one this too?!? Holy crap, this game is gonna sound hamazing! O.O

@SaveZeroEscape Shinji Hosoe, composer of 999 and virtue's last reward, will contribute to Adrift in a Cobalt Eternity's soundtrack !

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif
I just heard about this project, I'm not sure how I missed it.

Very interesting.

Hmmm, interesting. I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago but didn´t have the time to play it until now.
...and I was a bit turned off by Keiji Inafune tbh. (I know how dumb that sounds lol) .

I think I´ll start it today !

Hmmm, interesting. I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago but didn´t have the time to play it until now.
...and I was a bit turned off by Keiji Inafune tbh. (I know how dumb that sounds lol) .

I think I´ll start it today !
Go for it, it's really fun.

And Keiji is barely in it, he's really just a glorified cameo. (Unless you mean the real Keiji's involvement, in which case, I don't know what to tell you.)

Jisgsaw

So I may or may have not already asked on this topic, but as I don't remember: are there good LNs that came out in the west on Vita (preferably) or 3DS?
I did and love Danganronpa, Zero Escape, all AA and Ghost Tricks (if it counts), and would love to do more, but can't stand to do so on my PC...

When is Steins Gate comming out?

Go for it, it's really fun.

And Keiji is barely in it, he's really just a glorified cameo. (Unless you mean the real Keiji's involvement, in which case, I don't know what to tell you.)

Yeah, I meant the cameo in the first 10 minutes, but good to know that he´s really not integral to the story.

Thanks !

Moonlight

Banned
Can anyone say whether or not If My Heart Had Wings is worth checking out? It's discounted on Steam at the moment, so it got me wondering if it was worth diving into.

Top Bottom