• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Jazz573

Just completed Never7. Thought it was a pretty good VN. It's the third VN I've played, after 999 and the first Phoenix Wright game. Now that I've finished Never7, I've started to play Ever17.

Yuuichi

Yep, same here :p

Most of the news is summed up here though:
http://gs.dengeki.com/news/16429/

New anime project, new AB! OVA in the BD Box, another KSL Live World etc.

Didn't mention it here, but glad the new anime project seems unrelated at least. Key needs some new franchises, first one in 5 years. I probably don't care about the OVA, I know I don't care about Live World. Gonna keep trying to get on the site for whatever other info I can get.

also I know it has nothing to do with this thread but WORKING S3 ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノイエーイ

edit: looking at the temp art for first beat has me wondering, if it's not just the three characters who were initially announced (I forgot names a long time ago) but has Kanade and other main girl that would make me a lot more interested

Didn't mention it here, but glad the new anime project seems unrelated at least. Key needs some new franchises, first one in 5 years. I

edit: looking at the temp art for first beat has me wondering, if it's not just the three characters who were initially announced (I forgot names a long time ago) but has Kanade and other main girl that would make me a lot more interested

Yeah, hope it will be good :p

And it looks like it's Iwasawa, Matsushita and Yui based on the powerpoint they showed or whatever:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/979/979446/

Yuuichi

Yeah, hope it will be good :p

And it looks like it's Iwasawa, Matsushita and Yui based on the powerpoint they showed or whatever:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/979/979446/

That's what the original plan was, and as I lag my way into the site, Yui (and presumably the others who didn't load) have a "first beat" tag by their name. The CG is also tagged first beat now too. I'm trying to get to a specs page, but the special confirms that the "pre-order" bonus is a girls dead monster CD titled Million Star, amount of music unclear; reservations open on 30/1/15.

edit: and I have a price and it's DISGUSTING
7500円
this better be really fucking good to be costing more than 僕の一人戦争.

edit 2: forgot to mention, it's still listed as all ages so it's likely to stay that way. Interestingly, it's also only listed for vista and up but uses d3d 9, which I kind of take as a challenge. Requirements are nothing special though, so you can ignore the rest of them. HDD space still undecided, aka the art isn't all done.

DoT2

Hey guys, I just bought steins gate english download version at JBOX.. But do I need something to ship? Cause I don't seem to have received anything other then purchase confirmation. I thought it would be an instant download, am I wrong here?

Lain

I just noticed I received an email with a download code from j-list for Girlish Grimoire. I guess it's about to ship today?

Yuuichi

I just noticed I received an email with a download code from j-list for Girlish Grimoire. I guess it's about to ship today?

Payne said they were having delays for some reason, might have been the strike at the LA docks or something, I don't remember exactly why.

Lain

Payne said they were having delays for some reason, might have been the strike at the LA docks or something, I don't remember exactly why.

Their choice to give a digital copy to people that buy physical really pays off. No delay can hinder me this way!

I bought the game mostly because I really like the art in it and even just the beginning looks so nice to my eyes
Jpkb.png

Shiina

Their choice to give a digital copy to people that buy physical really pays off. No delay can hinder me this way!

I bought the game mostly because I really like the art in it and even just the beginning looks so nice to my eyes

Sure is foreheads.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sweet Fuse isn't similar to DanganRonpa really at all, beyond the very few instances where you need to parse through some dialogue for specific words.

If anything it's closer to 999/VLN, though just on a surface level. The game is about 7 people trapped in a warped theme park by a crazy mascot character and forced to participate in twisted versions of the attractions or potentially die in the process.

Really though it's just an otome VN, where you read a lot, make some choices and try to woo and be wooed by various dreamy guys. It's a pretty great game with an awesome cast and very nice artwork. (Good music too.)

Just downloaded fault milestones one right now but I'm not sure if my version is the completed one of the beta. How can I tell? I used the same key as the beta. Is there supposed to be a separate key? First time using steam so I'm a bit confused. The game appears complete.

I like the prologue thus far.

Just started X Blaze code embryo

This game is quite good

>I really like the TOi mecanics for the routes and the story will nothing ground breaking works quite well .

The link to the blazblue universe are so obvious ..i'm liking this.

Zukuu

Banned
Does Ever 17 has supernatural elements in it? Played for a good amount of time and haven't noticed anything yet, but stopped playing a few months ago and thinking of continuing my play through.

Jazz573

Does Ever 17 has supernatural elements in it? Played for a good amount of time and haven't noticed anything yet, but stopped playing a few months ago and thinking of continuing my play through.

Not really. More sci-fi than supernatural.

Yuuichi

I've had a really shitty past few days and I have more than enough reason to believe the rest of my break won't get much better, so I wanna get myself a christmas gift to cheer myself up. I want something really fun and that's going to just give me an all around good time. Language is not an issue.

My VNDB is here, please don't recommend me anything listed as "playing" or "completed" from it.

Zakard

I just stumbled upon The Grisaia Trilogy-Kickstarter. I backed the Clannad-Kickstarter because people on Gaf recommended it to me. Should I back this one too? Never heard of them before. If yes just the first one or are all three of them great/ must plays? Any opinions?

grim-tales

Speaking of Danganronpa, I'm going to finally start that today. I bought a Vita a while ago but have been 'saving' it for some reason
Also (VLR spoilers)
Did a few endings of VLR again - I was trying to think of possible theories as to who Brother is, or the leader of Free the Soul. I think that could be revealed in ZE3

grim-tales

Thanks :) BTW, I started off with Kind (Default) difficulty rather than Hard, do you unlock new stuff with harder difficulty?

Thanks :) BTW, I started off with Kind (Default) difficulty rather than Hard, do you unlock new stuff with harder difficulty?
I don't think so, but I would recommend doing Hard anyway. Kind is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy. (Some gameplay elements are removed entirely.)

I played both 1 & 2 on Hard right off the bat and found it to be just right.

Don't play Danganronpa 2 on hard. The mini-games in that one are just bad, getting through them as quickly and easily as possible is the best way to go.

Though really Nonstop Debate is the only good mini-game in ether game.

Don't play Danganronpa 2 on hard. The mini-games in that one are just bad, getting through them as quickly and easily as possible is the best way to go.
Those would be bad no matter what. "Improved" Hangman's Gambit is a failure on all levels. (Logic Drive doesn't bother me, and I like the other games.)

I don't think it's worth copping out on the other parts just to get those few annoying aspects over with a few seconds earlier.

Eden* is available for preorder at MangaGamer for $9.95 as a digital copy only for the All Ages version. The adult version is $14.95.

Apparently the release price is supposed to be $19.95 and it will be released January 30th. I'm probably going to pick up the All Ages version.

Can anyone suggest or give an opinion on Fault Milestone One? I'm going to wait in If My Heart Had Wings (if I get it) but I'm leaning on getting one more VN from Steam or MangaGamer soon.

I've decided to play it in Japanese too, it seems fitting considering the game is set in Japan (I guess?)
I used the English dub personally, but they're both great. A GAF member is one of the English voices in the game, so I wanted to support that.

I've been using a lot more English dubs lately in games. They really have come a long way.

Lain

Finally Space Pirate Sara is downloadable from mangagamer. My third Lilith game and I still can't believe we get to have their dark and perverted games.
Also going there for their XXXmas sale I noticed the Higurashi price for the first chapter will be 5.95$, something I didn't know. I'd rather they sold the full package on Steam from the get go, but the price seems cheap enough, come release.

grim-tales

I used the English dub personally, but they're both great. A GAF member is one of the English voices in the game, so I wanted to support that.

I've been using a lot more English dubs lately in games. They really have come a long way.

I didnt know that, cool :) I'll try English too :)

grim-tales

This is a silly question, but can you save Danganronpa at any point you like, or do you have to wait for a checkpoint each time? Thanks :)

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Should I play Danganronpa: TH before Daganronpa 2? I ask this because the second one is discounted atm.

Shiina

This is a silly question, but can you save Danganronpa at any point you like, or do you have to wait for a checkpoint each time? Thanks :)

You can save at any point you like except for during the class trials (during which you get to save at half time (in 2 anyway, I can't remember if it's been like that in 1).

Wichu

Should I play Danganronpa: TH before Daganronpa 2? I ask this because the second one is discounted atm.

Well, the opening of DR2 heavily references the ending of DR1, and many of the later plot points assume familarity with the events in DR1, so...

It's definitely worth the sale price, though, so I would pick it up and leave it until DR1 goes on sale.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Eden* is available for preorder at MangaGamer for $9.95 as a digital copy only for the All Ages version. The adult version is $14.95.

Apparently the release price is supposed to be $19.95 and it will be released January 30th. I'm probably going to pick up the All Ages version.

Ok reading the blog, says how these are early bird prices... Any word on physical copies coming out for it?

Top Bottom