• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they're trying not to get burned by used game sales. Guess they'd have to test out a digital-only title to see what happens.

Being one of the big VN names, I kind of doubt it. Mostly because so many niche VNs get physical releases in Japan.

Not sure how the graphic novel version sold, but the physical anime releases did not do so well. Now I don't think most of the ; anime adaptations minus Steins;Gate sold well but maybe doing the anime before the game this time made them hesitant about physical game copy costs.

This I do see being a possibility. I heard the show itself was... only ok, so that's probably a factor.

Marche90

Done with W Happiness. Was all sorts of fluffy all around and enjoyed my time with it. Only regret is that it was too short and that a route required a full-on rewrite of a character for it to work :lol: (though to its credit, the route and the romance was good)

Onto Wagamama!

I'll finish Dal Segno... some day this year. Maybe

Hoping it's the same platforms as Morgana.

By the time this comes out in the West, the Vita will probably actually be dead for real.

Done with W Happiness. Was all sorts of fluffy all around and enjoyed my time with it. Only regret is that it was too short and that a route required a full-on rewrite of a character for it to work :lol: (though to its credit, the route and the romance was good)

Onto Wagamama!

I'll finish Dal Segno... some day this year. Maybe

Don't bother with Dal Segno tbh, it's bad.

Marche90

By the time this comes out in the West, the Vita will probably actually be dead for real.

Don't bother with Dal Segno tbh, it's bad.

You didn't saw my previous posts about it, did you? I know it's bad. I'm still salty about it.
I'm only saying that because I paid for it and I refuse to let it go to waste, since I can't ask for a refund anymore *sigh*

Pretty much a first for me, in the sense that I couldn't find any enjoyment out of it. Pretty much every VN that I've read so far outside of this one has been at least passable.

Edit: Aokana Switch Edition. wat

No wonder the device is getting the reputation of a Vita succesor

We live in a world where Sengoku Rance is being localized before Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime.

Welp, there goes the "Eroge" excuse!

It was never a matter of it being an eroge (FSN hasn't been an eroge since its original release anyway), but of licensing costs and Type Moon's lack of interest. Haruka and Rance have done well enough that apparently Alicesoft is all aboard the localization train.

XMSHO

Apparently the House in Fata Morgana manga got localized by Sekai Project... Digital only, though.

Sekai Project describes the game's story:

"Everyone to take residence inside this house-
will inevitably will fall into misfortune"

When you came to, "you" were inside an old mansion.
In front of "you" is the master of the home
and a maid with jade-color eyes that you live with.
However, "you" have no memories.
"You" have nothing but the will to survive.
Within the mansion, the maid shows "you" many "plays"...
And it is there where traces of "you" are to be found...
Steam page:

You awaken in a decrepit old mansion.

A woman with eyes of jade stands before You, informing You that You are the Master of the house, and she Your Maid. However, You have no memories, no concept of self—or, indeed, any certainty that You are even alive.

The Maid invites You to join her on a journey through the mansion's lifeless halls, to behold the numerous tragedies that have befallen its residents. She suggests that among them, perhaps You will find some trace of Yourself.
Nice.

Lain

Anyone here playing Shuyan Saga?
It's a bit more like a motion comic book with choices and fight scenes than the usual VN but it's pretty great with an interesting story, nice art and cool music. It also always makes me think back to Avatar

Just finished Faris route/ending in Steins;Gate, ughhh god I hate her character.

Had to go through Suzuha's arc again and damn hers is soooo good in comparison. Too much feels...

Yuuichi

For anyone wondering how SakuSaku is, it's a painfully average game. If you have questions about it hit me, thought it's been a few years since I played.

Yuuichi

Is it pretty standard for a moege?

It's better in a lot of ways (why other companies still aren't chasing after parts of ましろ色シンフォニー I don't know) but also worse in other ways (
somewhat offensive magical plot points
, EXTREME COP OUT ENDINGS [not all of them]) so I have a hard time calling it standard.

I didn't really like the
magic
stuff it does at all, but the common route is a good time.

It's better in a lot of ways (why other companies still aren't chasing after parts of ましろ色シンフォニー I don't know) but also worse in other ways (
somewhat offensive magical plot points
, EXTREME COP OUT ENDINGS [not all of them]) so I have a hard time calling it standard.

I didn't really like the
magic
stuff it does at all, but the common route is a good time.

Hmm the
magic stuff shouldnt bug me too much hopefully.
watcha mean by cop out ending?

Shizuka

What's the latest update from Sekai Project regarding their console titles? People have been playing Rabi Ribi on PS4 and Vita lately, but no thanks to them.

What's the latest update from Sekai Project regarding their console titles? People have been playing Rabi Ribi on PS4 and Vita lately, but no thanks to them.

I'm interested in this as well. No updates since March, and that was just a generic "still in QA" message. Delays are annoying but understandable, but as a backer I feel like they should be more posting more status updates.

Knurek

God, World End Economica is terrible.
Translation is subpar at best(!), editing is non-existant, the music doesn't loop correctly and the bloody thing doesn't hide mouse cursor and routinely relocates it to the middle of the screen.
Please tell me episodes 2 and 3 are better than that?

Translation is subpar at best(!), editing is non-existant, the music doesn't loop correctly and the bloody thing doesn't hide mouse cursor and routinely relocates it to the middle of the screen.

It sounds like the Unity port for episode 1 was done poorly, or did Sekai Project never get around to actually finishing that. They were supposed to redo the translation for episode 1 too.

But yeah, episode one's script is definitely the worst, though all three games suffer from the same lack of polish and editing typical of SP.

episode 1 has some problems but stick with it.

Marche90

I couldn't stand the main character of WEE, so I ended up dropping it.

Anyway. I finally finished Wagamama High Spec. While I'm not a fan of the whole design ethos of the title (and by that I mean that the girls barring Toa and Chitose, the MC's editor, could stand to lose a few cup sizes) I enjoyed most of the routes and characters.

As for which routes/characters are best, in order of best to worst: Ashe>Mihiro>Toa>Kaoruko.
-Ashe's route combined the best character in my eyes with a good mix of slice-of-life content, drama and conclusion.
-Mihiro's route is the one where there's less things in stakes, but the route itself is sweet, and her personality is adorable.
-I enjoyed the content of Toa's route, but then there's the whole incest thing and how everyone supported them from the get go.
-I didn't disliked Kaoruko's route per se, but she didn't stand out and I felt like parts of the story were missing at the end, like they just added drama without too much thought.

Stuff that bothered me: How Karen at the very least didn't had a route (although this is being fixed in the fandisc) and how the sprite for the teacher was drawn (what's wrong with her hands!?)

Overall, I'm happy with it, and I hope that the fandisc gets translated eventually, if only to see two of the new three routes and the continuation to Ashe's story. Wanting more even after being satisfied is a good sign in my book.

As for the other novel (D.S.), eh, I dropped it. Wasn't worth it to keep reading, especially after the bunch of stuff I still have in my backlog.

Top Bottom