• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VITA] Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified first details

Kerub

Banned
Oh, I was under the impression that Resistance 3 did pretty well.

Anyways - I'm really hoping that this isn't being developed by Nihilistic. This game needs to be solid.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Can't believe there are still no screens, info or previews for this game out there. What are they doing? I predict a phoned-in disaster.

Z3M0G

This game is not officially announced. It is only a rumor started by Sony. When has there been a game announcement with so little info...

test_account

XP-39C²
Actually, the 6 month quote was just a joke. The internet rumor comment isnt related to that. It could mean that Nihlistic have worked on two games at the same time. I'm not sure how likely it is, but just wanted to comment on the 6 month thing.

This game is not officially announced. It is only a rumor started by Sony. When has there been a game announcement with so little info...
They announced it at E3. That is where the Declassified subtitle was first announced. So it is not a rumor.

Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS was announced over a year ago, even before it went it developement. As to this date, we have not a single piece of information for that game, besides that it will work together with the 3DS/WiiU version somehow.

Actually, the 6 month quote was just a joke. The internet rumor comment isnt related to that. It could mean that Nihlistic have worked on two games at the same time. I'm not sure how likely it is, but just wanted to comment on the 6 month thing.

They announced it at E3. That is where the Declassified subtitle was first announced. So it is not a rumor.

Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS was announced over a year ago, even before it went it developement. As to this date, we have not a single piece of information for that game, besides that it will work together with the 3DS/WiiU version somehow.

Atleast the devs for that has been announced. We still don't even know who is making this, and it's supposed to be coming out this year (i think)

It could mean that Nihlistic have worked on two games at the same time. I'm not sure how likely it is, but just wanted to comment on the 6 month thing.

How many people work at Nihlistic?

and it's supposed to be coming out this year (i think)

At this point unless there is a big reveal soon, I don't think its likely they would show a game and then release it a month later.

Their website:
Nihilistic is an independent console game developer located in Marin County, California. Founded in 1998, we focus on one solid title at a time. We believe in hiring the best creative, dedicated, talented people and letting them do their jobs.

test_account

XP-39C²
Atleast the devs for that has been announced. We still don't even know who is making this, and it's supposed to be coming out this year (i think)
That is true. And i forgot about the information that Bandai Namco is also helping. So we know that tiny piece of information.

How many people work at Nihlistic?
Over 60 according to their website:

"From this original group of 12 people, the team has carefully grown to over 60 developers today."

http://www.nihilistic.com/index.php/about

Their website:
Thanks. If that is the case, then Nihilistic seems unlikely to work on CoD Vita.

DGRE

Banned
I already told you guys I'm making the game single handily. I don't work for Nihilistic.

why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why
why

would activision give their most important property to that d-tier studio
The same reason Sony gave one of their most important properties to them?

Elios83

At this point unless there is a big reveal soon, I don't think its likely they would show a game and then release it a month later.

It's COD, it's released every year on multiple platforms, it's the same game every year.
There's not much more to show than the name alone can't do :p
Btw I think that the deadline for them to properly showcase the title is August at Gamescom.
I guess that they're working under a tight development schedule (1 year if not less) so they're delaying the actual presentation as much as they can to show something representative of the final game.

Thanks. If that is the case, then Nihilistic seems unlikely to work on CoD Vita.
Not really. It could also just tell us the game isn't coming out this year which is more likely considering the complete lack of media.

They said "this holiday season" at E3. Game could be delayed of course.

Source? All I'm getting is a December 31st placeholder.

B.O.O.M

I was thinking these guys might be making it

raven.jpg

They have worked on some real solid games and have worked on DLC for COD

They said "this holiday season" at E3, and ~6 months dev time is very unlikely.

From the description of the game given by Wal Mart it sounds like a compilation of spec ops missions anyway. Still I don't ever remember them giving a date.

What has been Sony bend been doing?

Depends on how worthy Sony thinks Vita is of an Uncharted sequel. I think they might be making a next gen Syphon Filter personally.

Iacobellis

Well they said even at E3 it's coming this year. My guess is they are waiting for a big event again for the reveal. Gamescom could be it

My guess is an Uncharted sequel

E3 was the biggest games event of all year. Sony should have shown it then.

Dgott

Banned
Does "Multiplayer Tailored for Vita" mean that it'll be only 4 vs 4 multiplayer? Thats what happened when Resistance went to the Vita, and its multiplayer was "Tailored" for the Vita.

test_account

XP-39C²
COD3 was developed by Treyarch in nine months across like five or six platforms.
Interesting, do you have any source to this?

From the description of the game given by Wal Mart it sounds like a compilation of spec ops missions anyway. Still I don't ever remember them giving a date.
Launch period given here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvMH7T2fjck&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s

Yep, the spec ops + multiplayer stuff sounds plausible i think. They usually dont give out multiplayer info for CoD games before ~2 months before the release.

Elios83

Some people speculate that Sony is making the call of Duty for the Vita themselves

Why would they?
It's of course made by Activision, and yeah we know it's going to be a spin off made under a tight development schedule.
They have 9 months to make the game, they will try to focus on that and hitting the intended release date.
It's not like Ubisoft has managed to do much better with AC:Liberation, they just made a really short trailer showing the main character at E3.
Gamescom should be more about COD Declassified.
If anything the fact that Sony isn't able to showcase anything about either COD and AC is a prrof that it's not under their control, it's not developed by them.

Ridley327

Does "Multiplayer Tailored for Vita" mean that it'll be only 4 vs 4 multiplayer? Thats what happened when Resistance went to the Vita, and its multiplayer was "Tailored" for the Vita.

It could mean a lot of things, really; it could mean that they're going to take advantage of the push notifications to alert players to Spec Op challenges and multiplayer updates, like what Zipper did for Unit 13, or it could mean what you said, and that it'll be a fairly barebones multiplayer experience with a low player count.

DGRE

Banned
Interesting, do you have any source to this?

Launch period given here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvMH7T2fjck&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s

Yep, the spec ops + multiplayer stuff sounds plausible i think. They usually dont give out multiplayer info for CoD games before ~2 months before the release.

30 seconds produced this.

Says CoD5[WaW] senior producer Noah Heller:

I'd say that one of the things that's hard for a player to understand, I'm sure you guys can understand it because you have a lot more insight into the industry, is that Call of Duty 3 was about eight months end to end for development... And it's very hard to make a great game in that time.

test_account

XP-39C²
It also had 2 vs 2 and 8 player free for all. So "tailored for" can mean much.

B.O.O.M

The most logical explanation is that it was due to an agreement between MS and Acti. It makes sense if you think about it because we have yet to see BO2 on ps3 even.

And I am not too sure if E3 is the biggest event all year now for the gaming industry. Europe is one of Sonys strongest markets and they use Gamescom for some big announcements as well. It will be closer to the launch window of fall also. Time will tell if this line of thinking of mine is correct.

B.O.O.M

so no one thinks Raven is a better candidate than Nhilistic? Just checked their website and it seems they are hiring too

GopherD

I presume MS has public showings of cod stitched up as per their exclusivity agreement.

You guys do realise that this game is just as important to Sony and Activision this christmas. Sony for driving western adoption of their machine and Activision to promote their premier ip. It's the same reason FIFA got so much love from EA.

Top Bottom