• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VITA] Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified first details

Mario007

Guerrilla shouldn't be allowed near this game if Sony wants it to sell. There's no way that they'd target 60fps, and that's what this game better be.

That depends really. Acti would want Guerrilla to use COD engine which can easily do 60FPS on Vita as opposed to the engine which Guerrilla use which is much nicer looking (on PS3) but wouldn't do 30FPS.

really need to see a multiplayer gameplay trailer of this. fingers crossed for 60fps proper game instead of a crappy second rate slideshow like on the PSP/DS.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
IIRC, they're not big enough these days to do much of anything else besides helping out on the multiplayer for the console games, whether it's finishing off the mode for MW3 or working on maps for inclusion on map pack DLC.

Well the game don't need big studio since its just a Spec Ops missions(maps) with online modes(more maps) so Raven or what left of the studio can do it I guess.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Pass

Hate spec ops in COD, so a whole game full of them is the last thing I want.

Split-screen Spec Ops in MW2 is one of my favourite memories of gaming. A friend and I just aced the whole thing in one beer & pizza infused weekend.

neptunes

Maybe Activision allowed Sony to use one of their in-house studios to develop it, with Activision keeping everyone involded on a tight leash.

mr_chun

It's mind-boggling that Activision doesn't want to take a more pro-active approach to tackling the handheld market with their biggest franchise.

The waters have been tested. n-Space made respectable, modern first-person shooters on a platform clearly not designed for them, and they sold reasonably well. So why not take a small risk, put a AAA team on the project, funnel a bit of cash into it, and see what happens?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Maybe Activision allowed Sony to use one of their in-house studios to develop it, with Activision keeping everyone involded on a tight leash.

I doubt it,because if it was co-developed with one of SCE studios, Sony will say that at E3 (and make a big deal out of it) and put their yellow ugly logo on the cover next to Activision.

Gustav

Banned
I'll likely play it eventually. By the time I get a Vita it will be extremely cheap as will the launch games so I'll be on a spending spree.

You're not missing a lot. The game is clunky and mediocre. It's on the same level as games like Folklore.

so, a few months ago, it seemed the consensus was that this game would crash and burn, and not move any vita hardware at all.

is that still the case? i don't see it as a meteoric, huge thing - it isn't going to propel the vita to the likes of the ds or anything, but titles like this, madden, and other recognizable brands on the vita surely must entice some consumers. especially if the quality of the titles is generally good.

It'll will move systems, just a matter of how many. 20 or a million or somewhere in between? Who knows at this point. But it is another blockbuster franchise to add to the vita's library and continuing to build that library is just as crucial to moving systems.

Derrick01

Banned
You're not missing a lot. The game is clunky and mediocre. It's on the same level as games like Folklore.

Both of those games were pretty early in their respective system's lives. Folkore was ok I guess so I take it that game will be too. But I'm not crazy excited for it or anything, I never saw what Gaf saw in it. Seems like everyone's so eager to bust a nut over every seemingly decent japanese game that they all end up getting overrated.

neptunes

I doubt it,because if it was co-developed with one of SCE studios, Sony will say that at E3 (and make a big deal out of it) and put their yellow ugly logo on the cover next to Activision.
I don't know about that, Sony announcing tha they're co-developing it may not out the right marketing message.

SgtCobra

Probably some developer 99% of GAF hasn't even heard about, I can see Activision doing this..
This is just some wild speculation though.

More curious of the fact that VITA lacks four button inputs and how they are going to handle that. The idea of using the backtouch to sprint just sounds awkward. L2, L3, R2, R3, what's the ideal set up?

Gustav

Banned
More curious of the fact that VITA lacks four button inputs and how they are going to handle that. The idea of using the backtouch to sprint just sounds awkward. L2, L3, R2, R3, what's the ideal set up?

Sprint and knife could be on screen touch.

Oops, sorry. I meant both of them truly are killer apps (just like my fellow Gaffers claim) and some of the best games ever. Without them, PS3 and PSV would have meant nothing to the consumer. They're what Halo was to the Xbox.

People like a game, doesn't mean they are calling it system seller. There is a thing about how people can enjoy a game without it being some triple A blockbuster

Kyoufu

I found it suspicious we didn't even get a trailer at E3.

It must be early in development which means it probably won't look too hot when it's out the door this Autumn.

Ridley327

Who did the Call of Duty games on iOS? Its them

Unless Sony was desperate enough to pay Activision for the right to make their own COD game

A company called Ideaworks Game Studio. Their website doesn't mention anything about them being a licensed Vita developer, but they certainly do have a lot of experience on mobile platforms.

Top Bottom