• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VITA] Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified first details

Yeah your the only guy I have heard say that. No offense man I just don't know anyone that likes the campaigns outside of MW.

You really think I'm the only one on this board full of thousands upon thousands of members that likes the campaigns?

Just the other day I've seen quite a few mention their like for the BO and MW3 campaigns.

test_account

XP-39C²
Fifty fucking dollars.

It better be the best handheld game ever made.
For me, it is more about the content being offered. Doesnt really matter much if it is a console or handheld game to me as long as the value feels good =)

Yeah your the only guy I have heard say that. No offense man I just don't know anyone that likes the campaigns outside of MW.
I do. Everytime i got a new CoD game, i have always started with the single player part. But since Black Ops 2 comes out at the same time, i dont think it is a big miss to not have a single player campaign in Black Ops Unclassified.

Izayoi

Banned
I honestly hated CoD4's campaign, and enjoyed CoD2's much more. Maybe it's because I beat 4 on Veteran but didn't bother on 2. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Massa

You really think I'm the only one on this board full of thousands upon thousands of members that likes the campaigns?

Just the other day I've seen quite a few mention their like for the BO and MW3 campaigns.

It's not like this won't have a single player campaign, it just looks like it will be structured differently. We'll have to wait to see how close or far it is from what you want.

The only CoD that was truly dissapointing when cmpared to others was MW3. But that was expected. W@W has average multiplayer, but the 2nd half of singleplayer was great. Black Ops was... OK. Multuplayer had some cool ideas, although it was mostly rehashed MW2. Which isn't that bad, considering MW2 was the best multilayer this gen.

DR3AM

The only CoD that was truly dissapointing when cmpared to others was MW3. But that was expected. W@W has average multiplayer, but the 2nd half of singleplayer was great. Black Ops was... OK. Multuplayer had some cool ideas, although it was mostly rehashed MW2. Which isn't that bad, considering MW2 was the best multilayer this gen.

MW2 had the worst MP of all the CoD games.

zeelman

Tell me, what makes Blops a rehashed MW2 when it has none of the gameplay features of MW2 at all?

Dimorphic

So this sounds incredibly disappointing to me. I don't want a Spec Ops/Unit 13 COD on the go, I want a fully realised campaign that adds to the story of the console title.

No matter how great the MP is (and I'm hoping its console selling good) the campaign already sounds awful.

Tell me, what makes Blops a rehashed MW2 when it has none of the gameplay features of MW2 at all?

They both have guns. REHASH!!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Strange wording, I hope it has a separate "proper" campaign.

Though a campaign split into spec-ops like missions could be good fun too, instead of following some characters as they jump through some barely related locations that they usually try to weave in some silly story, just having separate missions, especially if they are co-op'able would be great fun.

I don't see an excuse for no Zombies mode either, if they can get a version over for iOS devices there really is no reason why a platform like the Vita can't do it, jumping into Zombies wherever there is a wifi hotspot would be awesome.

Yea, I thought the Black Ops campaign was the best since MW, I enjoy the CoD campaigns, they are essentially a game version of a cinema "summer blockbuster", I know what I'm going to get going in.

Cosmetic mods and few gameplay tweaks really don't matter in the big picture. The same way W@W felt like a CoD4 reskin, Black Ops felt like a MW2 mod. The feel of the game itself was the same.

Cosmetic mods and few gameplay tweaks really don't matter in the big picture. The same way W@W felt like a CoD4 reskin, Black Ops felt like a MW2 mod. The feel of the game itself was the same.

That is not true. They don't feel the same, BO was slower in pace than MW2 and MW3.

I'm just a little concerned over the idea of small sized "missions" because that reminds me of Unit 13. I love Unit 13, but I was absolutely not a fan of the disconnected nature of the "missions" and that made it difficult to play sometimes because I could never really enjoy the game in a nice, cohesive way... damn menus.

It is all pretty rumourish for now until we see more, but I hope there is a bit of everything in the game to please as many people as possible.

Eh? World at War felt absolutely nothing like MW1. Unless you mean because they are both FPS games, then I would agree.

winjet81

I predict this is going to be nothing but a stripped-down cash-in for the holiday season.

Anyone who's expecting anything more than a bare bones, gimped down version of the console experience will be in for a sad surprise.

GQman2121

Banned
A Spec-OPS design is perfect for this game because that mode's objectives are typically more focused and laid out in a way that is not the standard shooting gallery/choke points/invisible enemy spawn triggers that make up the COD campaign formula. That game design is so played out. Never mind the fact that the narrative that is the driving force behind your actions is some of the most derivative shit the medium has ever produced.

yencid

I really like the approach Unit 13 had to it. If they can include just a bit more story into that design then i buy this day one.

I really don't get how a company has nothing to show for a game that releases in 5 or so months, yet in some cases they have the entire game running in beta.

I've said it before but there should be a rule that a game can't get announced unless it is playable to people outside of the company.

fernoca

Hope the game has as much content as n-Space/DS Call of Duty games at least.

Wonder who's making it , since n-Space I busy with Heroes of Ruin and Skylanders Giants both for 3DS.

BOOM

Really? I was just in some COD thread and all everyone was talking about is how shitty the campaign will be yet again. I must have missed people defending WaW. Regardless though good on you for liking them I dont mean to shit on your opinion.
I really enjoyed W@W. Chiefly because it's the only CoD game with campaign co op which makes any game better. I also enjoyed Black Ops's campaign, it had a much better story than the average CoD game. I played MW1-3 and did not enjoy the campaign in any of them.

Has n-Space ever actually made a game for a non Nintendo system?

8k4tg.jpg

True story.

U2NUMB

Not sure what to think. I have only bought a couple Vita games and it mostly sits unused. I am not a huge COD fan but was looking forward to this but the fact that it will not have a full campaign and the price points (which I expected) might keep me from buying.

Will have to see some video before I pre order.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.videogamer.com/psvita/bl..._developing_black_ops_on_vita_apparently.html

It's a simple question: Who is developing Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified on PlayStation Vita?

But it's a question to which nobody - not even Treyarch, apparently - knows the answer.

"I don't know," replied Treyarch's Director of Communications John Rafacz when VideoGamer asked him whether his studio or Neversoft, the latest addition to the Call of Duty 'family', were behind the Vita version of Black Ops.

"With regards to the Vita, all I can tell you is that it's quite literally declassified."

We think you might mean 'classified', John...

But if Neversoft isn't developing the Vita game, what is the studio up to?

"When I know, I'll tell you," Rafacz continued.

The first details on Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified leaked last week. The handheld shooter features an "all-new campaign of Special Ops missions".

However, questions remain over which studio is developing it. Could it be Sledgehammer, who is also working on its "next Call of Duty"? Rafacz won't say.

Rafacz wouldn't confirm whether Black Ops II is coming to Wii U, either, despite a British magazine claiming earlier this month that the game was headed to Ninty's upcoming console.

"Right now we've announced that the game is coming for 360, PS3 and PC. Announcements regarding any other SKUs just haven't been made."

However, Rafacz believes that "any technology that can enhance the Call of Duty experience is worth considering".

"When you talk about any technology that can enhance the Call of Duty experience, that's a technology that is worth considering," he continued. "There's that core Call of Duty experience and that is what fans expects, so anything that helps advance that is worth considering."

So, who's developing it?

StuBurns

Banned
If it's a secret message, maybe they pulled the classified ad from the local rag looking for half a dozen kids to take a whack at porting it.

Playing through Unit 13 atm and just finished Resistance earlier this month.

A spec-ops based mission structure like Unit 13 in first person with some MP-options like Resistance would make for a killer handheld game.

I hope you can map run to d-pad down, like in Resistance. That worked surprisingly well.

That actually crossed my mind- Sony basically getting Activision to simply give them the license if Activision doesn't want to bother developing a proper Vita version. Sony gives all the profits to Activision and both are happy.

Guerrilla shouldn't be allowed near this game if Sony wants it to sell. There's no way that they'd target 60fps, and that's what this game better be.

Top Bottom