• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VITA] Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified first details

Derrick01

Banned
I thought you were into old game design.

High score has nothing to do with that. In fact depending on the game that can be in the most shallow of games.

You weren't going to play it anyways because you don't own a Vita, and said this last week:

A good way to solve that problem is start pumping out a barrage of great games. Sadly this doesn't seem to do be doing it. And Sony themselves still has nothing to show.

KalBalboa

Banned
High score has nothing to do with that. In fact depending on the game that can be in the most shallow of games.

A good way to solve that problem is start pumping out a barrage of great games. Sadly this doesn't seem to do be doing it. And Sony themselves still has nothing to show.

Didn't Modern Warfare already have competitive leaderboards for spec ops, and likewise for Black Ops with zombies?

Berksy

I like it when people say:

- No more ports
- Should be its own thing
- Gameplay designed for handheld, approachable in short burst

But then some completely other people say:

- y this no port
- want PS360 multi
- want console campaign

People might not like Vita or handheld experience in general and it is OK. But some of them constantly try to lock themselves out by inventing new reasons :lol

Also price point is what is more or less expected from COD games.

I am somewhat interested in this game. Mini game modes like zombies should play good on a handheld. And i hope multiplayer experience is robust.

I like it when people say:

- No more ports
- Should be its own thing
- Gameplay designed for handheld, approachable in short burst

But then some completely other people say:

- y this no port
- want PS360 multi
- want console campaign

People might not like Vita or handheld experience in general and it is OK. But some of them constantly try to lock themselves out by inventing new reasons :lol

Also price point is what is more or less expected from COD games.

I am somewhat interested in this game. Mini game modes like zombies should play good on a handheld. And i hope multiplayer experience is robust.

I have NO problem with console ports. To me, I can chose my gameplay experience myself. If I want to play for 20 minutes, I play and put the game in the background and put the vita to sleep. If I want to play for 3 hours, I can still do so.

I don't understand why people act like full console experiences aren't a good thing for a portable? I understand that every game can't be like that but if I wanted potato chip games I'd play Angry Birds on my iPhone 4.

I'd adore a full port of Black Ops.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tailored for portables.

Will this shut up the port complainers?

I think not...

you can't please everyone, Here is some examples from Lego Batman 2 thread. (Handheld version was not open world but shorter mission based so it can fit handheld more I guess)

I play my Vita for 3 hours straight at times and when I am done I just pause and put it to sleep. So I rarely ever shut it completely off. I get the feeling majority of handheld owners do this so its frustrating when they try to make games like this bite sized for a "better handheld experience".

I think the 3DS is capable of open world also so kinda sucks it isn't.

Regarding all these Lego games in general, are they not way too easy and offer no difficult challenge?

Nooooooo that sucks, wtf did they gimp the vita version ffs.

So yeah, make it a complete/full port and people will want a special and unique experience for handheld, make it a handheld friendly and people will say they want a unique experience for handheld and not just a console port.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Modern Warfare 3's Spec Ops survival mode is pretty damn addictive. It even has it's own leveling system and unlocks like the competitive multiplayer mode. The bite sized Spec Ops missions are OK, but they aren't nearly as replayable as survival. I will definitely consider buying Declassified if it has something like that.

pantsmith

I groaned when the game was announced at E3, because its doomed to never be exactly what everyone wants. Some people want a straight port of Blops2 with crossplay, others loathe the idea of more ports and want something totally original to the Vita.

The best case scenario would have been to have Blops2 with Vita exclusive content and mechanics, different enough to be an "enhanced edition" instead of a port, while still carrying the weight and recognition that comes with the annual marketing blitz. I have a feeling Microsoft has paid good money to be the "best" place to play Blops2, so that rules a deluxe edition on Vita out, and crossplay too I guess.

Have I mentioned that I just haven't gotten around to playing a Call of Duty this generation? I literally have no idea what people want from these games other than the multiplayer, so I hope its enough to win over the people they want to win over.

I groaned when the game was announced at E3, because its doomed to never be exactly what everyone wants. Some people want a straight port of Blops2 with crossplay, others loathe the idea of more ports and want something totally original to the Vita.

The best case scenario would have been to have Blops2 with Vita exclusive content and mechanics, different enough to be an "enhanced edition" instead of a port, while still carrying the weight and recognition that comes with the annual marketing blitz. I have a feeling Microsoft has paid good money to be the "best" place to play Blops2, so that rules a deluxe edition on Vita out, and crossplay too I guess.

Have I mentioned that I just haven't gotten around to playing a Call of Duty this generation? I literally have no idea what people want from these games other than the multiplayer, so I hope its enough to win over the people they want to win over.

This is why MK for the Vita is the best version. Not only is it the full game, but it has Vita exclusive content, too. If it weren't for the gimped textures, it would be perfect. More companies should do something like that.

Derrick01

Banned
So yeah, make it a complete/full port and people will want a special and unique experience for handheld, make it a handheld friendly and people will say they want a unique experience for handheld and not just a console port.

That was a bad example because they removed open world on those versions, at least in my eyes dumbing the game down and making it worse. I don't want ports on handhelds most of the time but I don't want these lesser, cheap, short burst games either. That's a big reason why the assassin's creed game looks so appealing, because it looks like a full game but new.

I really want to see Multiplayer on this one, I'm curious.

Same here. I don't have high hopes for it as I would have thought some gameplay would have been shown by now, I don't feel confident it'll hold up. I hope I'm wrong though as I'll easily pick up a Vita if I am.

Slime

Banned
And I doubt it is broken IW. Sledgehammer maybe?

Neversoft is working on COD games too.

I kind of got the impression that the Neversoft COD game was something they just started hiring for, but I could be wrong.

Sledgehammer is a good guess since they were rumored to be collaborating with Treyarch on Black Ops II but that never panned out. But maybe it was partially true and they're sharing resources and the like for the Vita game.

Either that or it's some outside developer. I can't think of anyone else within Activision.

Will be interesting to see how this works out. Good that they will be trying to tailor-fit it to portable play.

Says only on PS - timed exclusive, other portable platforms getting their own version or Activision really skipping them this time? If it's the latter would be quite the investment from Sony I guess.

Multiplayer combat tailored to PSV doesn't sound like cross platform play at all.

I wouldnt be surprised @ all if 3DS gets a COD game.

Ridley327

I was theorizing that this would be Black Ops 2 with a Vita-exclusive Spec Ops mode; I never would have guessed that they were going to drop the first half (three-quarters?) of that equation.

FoneBone

I kind of got the impression that the Neversoft COD game was something they just started hiring for, but I could be wrong.

Sledgehammer is a good guess since they were rumored to be collaborating with Treyarch on Black Ops II but that never panned out. But maybe it was partially true and they're sharing resources and the like for the Vita game.

Either that or it's some outside developer. I can't think of anyone else within Activision.

Vicarious Visions?

B.O.O.M

I swear, sony can add real gold coins to the games and people will still bitch about one thing or the other

COD SP has been absolute crap for a long time now. I'm actually happy (if) they are just skipping it altogether for mission based approach like in Unit 13.

Derrick01

Banned
Derrick you are missing out on Gravity Rush man. I had no idea this game would be so amazing. Its truly a killer ap for the Vita.

I'll likely play it eventually. By the time I get a Vita it will be extremely cheap as will the launch games so I'll be on a spending spree.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have only have a 8GB card, not XXXXKB =/

10101010KB, that is 9.6GB =/

(I'm joking)

B.O.O.M

Is Unit 13 that good? I have a Vita but I have not had the chance to play it yet.

I only got the chance to play it for a few hours (a bit low on cash at the moment so borrowed it since I saw a lot of people saying good things about it)

The games mission based structure is absolutely perfect for a handheld. No deep/mysterious story here. You get a target/objective and you get points depending on how you execute things. (certain amount of points for headshots etc) It really is a well made game. Could be the best Zipper have done in a long time. I'm going to buy it after I'm done with Gravity Rush and Just Cause 2

Derrick you are missing out on Gravity Rush man. I had no idea this game would be so amazing. Its truly a killer ap for the Vita.

100% Co-sign this. I had no clue about this game until someone on GAF mentioned it when the demo came out. Played for an hour and I knew I'd get it day one. I haven't even opened MGS collection yet...

test_account

XP-39C²
If the multiplayer is like the console versions, then $50 is definitely good value for the money for me. I dont have many games other than CoD that have given me more gameplay hours than what i've payed for the games.

newsguy

If the multiplayer allows for leveling up across platforms (perks, xp, etc) this will push Vitas. The obsessed fanbase will get the opportunity to level up even when they aren't home.

I swear, sony can add real gold coins to the games and people will still bitch about one thing or the other

COD SP has been absolute crap for a long time now. I'm actually happy (if) they are just skipping it altogether for mission based approach like in Unit 13.

Acting like everyone agrees with you is fun!

COD SP has always been great for me, except COD3.

Ridley327

If the multiplayer allows for leveling up across platforms (perks, xp, etc) this will push Vitas. The obsessed fanbase will get the opportunity to level up even when they aren't home.

Reading words like "multiplayer tailor-made for the Vita" does not exactly instill confidence that this will actually happen.

I think this is really going to end up its own thing.

B.O.O.M

Not even sure what you mean by your first statement. Surely it's not too much for you to understand when I make such a statement, I am referring to my 'personal' opinion. Don't tell me you want me to put imo after each statement I make. Rather silly way of thinking if so

But I will break this down for you

'imo'

After COD4, the COD SP campaigns have gone to the shitter

the end

Yeah your the only guy I have heard say that. No offense man I just don't know anyone that likes the campaigns outside of MW.

Not even sure what you mean by your first statement. Surely it's not too much for you to understand when I make such a statement, I am referring to my 'personal' opinion. Don't tell me you want me to put imo after each statement I make. Rather silly way of thinking if so

But I will break this down for you

'imo'

After COD4, the COD SP campaigns have gone to the shitter

the end

BOOM

I've seen people here mention their like for the BO and WaW campaigns plenty of times.

Really? I was just in some COD thread and all everyone was talking about is how shitty the campaign will be yet again. I must have missed people defending WaW. Regardless though good on you for liking them I dont mean to shit on your opinion.

Top Bottom