• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

BroBot

Is there a way for me to add some Rock Band DLC? (I'm on 3.52. I have the Ark bubble installed and Rock Band plays just fine). Copying to PSP/GAME isn't possible, and the DLC is supposed to go in there.

Hargon

Is there a way for me to add some Rock Band DLC? (I'm on 3.52. I have the Ark bubble installed and Rock Band plays just fine). Copying to PSP/GAME isn't possible, and the DLC is supposed to go in there.

install the psp filer 6.6 and move the files into there

Shaneus

Quick question: If I have a PSTV with it's own memory card, what has to be done to get games on it without updating? I don't mean ROMs/PSP ISOs, but PS+ games.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: If I have a PSTV with it's own memory card, what has to be done to get games on it without updating? I don't mean ROMs/PSP ISOs, but PS+ games.

Update Blocker, same as a regular Vita. Only difference is the name of the settings in the menu (Internet Connection vs Network).

Shaneus

Update Blocker, same as a regular Vita. Only difference is the name of the settings in the menu (Internet Connection vs Network).
So I can download straight to the PSTV via the internet (using the PS Store, I assume) as long as I have update blocker running and configured in network settings? I guess I can work out the specifics later, just need to know if I can get to those games on a PSTV if I buy one in the future.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So I can download straight to the PSTV via the internet (using the PS Store, I assume) as long as I have update blocker running and configured in network settings? I guess I can work out the specifics later, just need to know if I can get to those games on a PSTV if I buy one in the future.

I've done it, yes.

Can't guarantee it will work in the future, but it does right now.

EMT0

Banned
Any way to have access to homebrew but still be able to use Remote Play? Last I checked, that wasn't possible.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Any way to have access to homebrew but still be able to use Remote Play? Last I checked, that wasn't possible.

You could set up your bubbles/whitelist and then update, but once you update you can't use the exploit anymore. So if your whitelist gets overwritten or you need to redo your bubble or add a new one, you are out of luck.

I doubt the update blocker would work for that, but I guess you could try.

Sarquiss_

Hi Guys,

Need some guidance (My apologizes if this has been answered a million times already). I have a PSVita on firmware 3.35.

Unfortunately, don't have any of the previous exploit games, however interested in playing some homebrew emulators on the go.

I currently don't have any PSP games on my Vita but have a number linked to my PSN account. I cannot download the games directly to the PSVita due to the firmware, however since I have my PSVita linked to my PSN account I tried using the website to queue the download on my PSVita. I have turned the PSVita off and on again but am not seeing any notification that the game is downloading.

Don't have my PS3 with me either. Is there a way I can download a PSP game from PSN onto my PSVita without updating and without a PS3?

Thanks

L.O.R.D

Hi Guys,

Need some guidance (My apologizes if this has been answered a million times already). I have a PSVita on firmware 3.35.

Unfortunately, don't have any of the previous exploit games, however interested in playing some homebrew emulators on the go.

I currently don't have any PSP games on my Vita but have a number linked to my PSN account. I cannot download the games directly to the PSVita due to the firmware, however since I have my PSVita linked to my PSN account I tried using the website to queue the download on my PSVita. I have turned the PSVita off and on again but am not seeing any notification that the game is downloading.

Don't have my PS3 with me either. Is there a way I can download a PSP game from PSN onto my PSVita without updating and without a PS3?

Thanks

the queue wont work , you have to sign in on your vita
update blocker don't work on low frameware
you have to use a PS3 to download the games

L.O.R.D

No need. I downloaded it on my Vita, along with the other PS+ games.

Just use update blocker.

oh yes , i think its just matter of time for the blocker stop working
i really hope its continue to work
i still don't know why its not working after some time from a new update releases

edit : the blocker wont work on 3.51 or less
only on the frameware below the last update

L.O.R.D

Thanks for the confirmation. Is there any way to update to 3.52 now that 3.55 has dropped?

better stay at 3.35 , or just update to 3.50 to keep using TN

there is a way to manual updating your vita to a certain update , but i don't know who to use it
check wololo

Dwayne

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the PSTV whitelist to include PS Mobile games that aren't 'compatible'? I want to play Oh! Deer on my TV :D

Sarquiss_

better stay at 3.35 , or just update to 3.50 to keep using TN

there is a way to manual updating your vita to a certain update , but i don't know who to use it
check wololo

Thanks. Is there a way to use TN without the exploited games? Or shall I just wait till a new one is found.

Sorry for the million questions. Just so out of touch with what is happening in the scene.

animax

Hey guys,

so I upgraded to 3.52, downloaded Super Meat Boy to my vita and ran the Puzzle Scape Ark Bubble installer and I'm all set!!

However, the ARK menu is very elementary (like DOS prompt). Am I supposed to install menus? I only have experience with TN-V.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Hey guys,

so I upgraded to 3.52, downloaded Super Meat Boy to my vita and ran the Puzzle Scape Ark Bubble installer and I'm all set!!

However, the ARK menu is very elementary (like DOS prompt). Am I supposed to install menus? I only have experience with TN-V.

Yes. There's a variety of options: ONEMenu, Menu138, yMenu, etc. I personally use ONEMenu and it's pretty solid and customizable.

L.O.R.D

Yes. There's a variety of options: ONEMenu, Menu138, yMenu, etc. I personally use ONEMenu and it's pretty solid and customizable.

how to install it ?
i already have arc , but i don't know what i do next
also , ark only play .CSO games ?
i tried transfer iso file but in the end it wont show in the folder

Joey Ravn

Banned
how to install it ?
i already have arc , but i don't know what i do next
also , ark only play .CSO games ?
i tried transfer iso file but in the end it wont show in the folder

Here. Just extract your menu of choice to the ARK folder then transfer it to your Vita as usual.

ARK should be able to play PSP ISOs and CSOs and PSX PBP eboots. Try installing ONEMenu first and put your PSP ISOs in the ISO folder (you can also leave them in a SAVEDATA folder and set the frontend to scan it [press Triangle to access the options], but that's a bit cumbersome in my opinion). If that doesn't work, try converting your games into CSOs with CISO Multi Compressor.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I was following this tutorial for ARK on my PSTV, and I'm stuck at the step where I try and connect to QCMA but it tells me I need to update. Is there a way around this that I'm not using? Seems like you can't use USB to connect to PC CMA with the PSTV, only WiFi, and I always get the update prompt when I try to connect.

Rich!

I was following this tutorial for ARK on my PSTV, and I'm stuck at the step where I try and connect to QCMA but it tells me I need to update. Is there a way around this that I'm not using? Seems like you can't use USB to connect to PC CMA with the PSTV, only WiFi, and I always get the update prompt when I try to connect.

Don't use WiFi then, use a usb cable and turn WiFi off.

Edit: ohhhh, a PSTV? Hm. I uh, don't know. I want to know now.

animax

I used vita update blocker yesterday and my PSTV was able to connect to official CMA despite getting update prompts earlier. I used the windows exe version of vita update blocker, not the python script (though it wouldn't matter either way, just more convenient)

Joey Ravn

Banned
Sound on PSX games with this, right?

Theoretically, yes. I don't know how TNV deals with PSX games on OFW 3.5x and up, since you can't write on the PSP/GAME folder.

I tried installing it with Puzzle Escape as a base, but I somehow screwed the process. I'm retrying with Ape Quest right now.

Edit: Got it. I successfully created the TNV bubble. All my PSP games are there, but not my PSX games, as expected. Maybe there's a plugin to scan other folders?

Edit2: Yes, there is a plugin! Trying it right now...

Rich!

Theoretically, yes. I don't know how TNV deals with PSX games on OFW 3.5x and up, since you can't write on the PSP/GAME folder.

I tried installing it with Puzzle Escape as a base, but I somehow screwed the process. I'm retrying with Ape Quest right now.

Edit: Got it. I successfully created the TNV bubble. All my PSP games are there, but not my PSX games, as expected. Maybe there's a plugin to scan other folders?

awesome.

I need help on one thing, bolded below:

Copy PBOOT.PBP to your base game folder, example:
ms0:/PSP/GAME/NPUH10091/PBOOT.PBP
or for MajorGas method:
ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/NPUH10091/PBOOT.PBP

Place 660.PBP in TNV_00000 save.
Transfer TNV_00000 save to Vita.
Backup and restore base game with PBOOT.PBP inside, if done correctly,
it should show up in the Live Area where your base game was previously.
Launch TN-V from bubble while hold R trigger, then install 6.60 files and exit the recovery menu.

My basegame is Mega Drive collection, ULES00556. I've copied the pboot.pbp over to the psp/game/ULES00556 folder using the FTP app. However, is that correct?

Joey Ravn

Banned
My basegame is Mega Drive collection, ULES00556. I've copied the pboot.pbp over to the psp/game/ULES00556 folder using the FTP app. However, is that correct?

No. That's a bit misleading. You don't have to copy the PBOOT.PBP manually. In fact, my QCMA was crashing every time I tried to copy a folder with it. Instead, follow The Zett's tutorial, but instead of copying the ARK folder, copy the TNV folder. Then rename PBOOT.PBP to #0 and send it to your e-mail with the title line "ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/ULES00556/PBOOT.PBP", and the go as usual. Open it with your e-mail app on your Vita, click on the photo, close the app, restart on Plane Mode, transfer your base game from your Vita to your PC, then close the Content Manager. Transfer your base game from your PC to your Vita (I did it twice and it worked), then restart. You should see the new custom bubble were your game was.

Rich!

awww yeah.

tn-v installed.

edit: holy shit, didn't know what this was really. my vita has just turned into a psp. this is crazy/awesome.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Awesome!

I'm moving all my PSX games to a PSX folder in the root of my card so I can try how that plugin works. Honestly, I only want to play a handful of PSX games on Vita with sound. According to Hackinformer, sound is limited and some games run like shit... so if DQ7 and the Final Fantasies don't work well enough, I'll just wait until ARK-3 is released.

Rich!

I wonder...would this TN-V work on my PSTV if I simply use the same memory card? As it's an installed game that overwrites the basegame, it should just work...right?

Joey Ravn

Banned
TN-V 11 bubble installed and customized!

bZnSfK5.jpg

I managed to install the PSX/HB plugin for TN-V, but I can't load any game with it. Every single one of them gives me the same error: "The game could not be loaded (80010014)". I'm using my own EBOOTS. Has someone managed to get it working? I know some people on Twitter have.

I wonder...would this TN-V work on my PSTV if I simply use the same memory card? As it's an installed game that overwrites the basegame, it should just work...right?

I guess so. I've heard that you can install exploits on 3.52 (and previous OFWs) and use the same card on another PS(TV) on 3.55 and, as long as they are connected to the same account, the exploits will transfer.

B.K.

edit: holy shit, didn't know what this was really. my vita has just turned into a psp. this is crazy/awesome.

I always preferred TN. I never even bothered with ARK. I didn't like what I saw of it in screenshots. Regardless of all the drama TotalNoob causes, TN is pretty good. You can do anything with it that you can do on an actual PSP.

Rich!

Only issue with tn is none of my homebrew is showing up....that is an issue. Neither are my few PS1 games. The couple of PSP games I have show up and work fine. They all work in ARK.

Can't seem to find any help with this either, googlefu is lacking

Joey Ravn

Banned
Only issue with tn is none of my homebrew is showing up....that is an issue. Neither are my few PS1 games. The couple of PSP games I have show up and work fine. They all work in ARK.

Can't seem to find any help with this either, googlefu is lacking

Are you using the LPP plugin I linked above? You have to do some tinkering before you're able to launch homebrew and PSX games through TN-V.

Edit: Success! Got everything working! For PSX and homebrew apps, you need to create individual folders inside their respective ones (PSX and HB). Then you rename the PBOOT.PBP of each game or program to "FBOOT.PBP". For example, you should have /PSX/Final Fantasy VII/FBOOT.PBP.

Joey Ravn

Banned
An update regarding my PSX situation. These are the games I managed to get running:

• Suikoden
  • Suikoden II
  • Digimon World 3

The games I couldn't run:

• Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Dragon Quest VII

I suspect that the common link between them is that the latter group contains multi-CD EBOOTs, while the former only has games with one CD. Maybe it's causing some compatibility issues? I'd try with some other games, but I'm going away for the weekend. Hopefully someone is able to try them while I'm not at home and post their results :)

I wish this TN-V thing was easier to do. I have a spare Vita (or three) reading and waiting.

It's really easy, actually. You just need to send and open one file in the e-mail app and then transfer a save folder with QCMA, and you're basically done. The Zett's tutorial is easy to follow and worth giving a try.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
As someone that hasn't been into the PS Vita hack scene at all but potentially interested, I'm sitting here with my Vita at 3.51. Is it unwise to update?

ss_lemonade

It's really easy, actually. You just need to send and open one file in the e-mail app and then transfer a save folder with QCMA, and you're basically done. The Zett's tutorial is easy to follow and worth giving a try.
I might have to try this again tomorrow but I doubt it would work. The first time I tried it, I couldn't even get the app.db file to attach (very 1st step) and would always get a "file too large" error.

Hargon

An update regarding my PSX situation. These are the games I managed to get running:
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Digimon World 3

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Dragon Quest VII

I suspect that the common link between them is that the latter group contains multi-CD EBOOTs, while the former only has games with one CD. Maybe it's causing some compatibility issues? I'd try with some other games, but I'm going away for the weekend. Hopefully someone is able to try them while I'm not at home and post their results :)

i've tested Vagrant Story it's running very slow like 15 fps or less with horrible quality sound

does all the games running slowly like that ?

• Suikoden
  • Suikoden II
  • Digimon World 3

• Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Dragon Quest VII

Just create one for each disc?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just created the ARK bubble on my PSTV, and it was so easy. And now I realized that by choosing the smallest psp game to use as the base, I actually used one that I got from PS Plus. So when I stop updating it'll probably stop running because it needs to verify my PS Plus, right?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Just create one for each disc?

Mmmm... wow, I never even thought about that. I guess it could make the games work, but I'm not sure that I'd be able to get past Disc 1, since even the PSN release has all the CDs in the same eboot. It's not like an emulator, where I can manually choose each CD as the game asks for them.

But maybe, if the game saves right before changing the CD, you can save, quit the game and load it up from the second CD... I don't know if that would work.

Nevertheless, it's worth a try. Or I'll just wait for ARK-3, since I'm in no hurry to play those games :p

Top Bottom