• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Always remember the Vita has no games (this is what my 32GB card looks like)

8228499342_d3aed8a6bb_b.jpg

8228499730_4d14930697_b.jpg

8227430659_858a8cf25b_b.jpg

8227431037_581733b86e_b.jpg

8228500654_9dea80f57d_b.jpg

8227431519_86d8286c31_b.jpg

8227431935_43c2cfb7e6_b.jpg

All of these are downloaded onto the memory card, EXCEPT FOR Uncharted, Resistance, MGS, and NFS.

Dantis

I bought all the Gravity Rush DLC, because I figured the game was free (In essence, as I paid for PS Plus on PS3, not Vita), so I might as well go the whole hog for an extra £10.

That game is great for just larking about. It's not a very deep or immersive game, but the gravity mechanic is just about strong enough to carry the simple gameplay and mission design.

Doesn't hurt that it looks amazing, either.

Shahed

I bought all the Gravity Rush DLC, because I figured the game was free (In essence, as I paid for PS Plus on PS3, not Vita), so I might as well go the whole hog for an extra £10.

That game is great for just larking about. It's not a very deep or immersive game, but the gravity mechanic is just about strong enough to carry the simple gameplay and mission design.

Yeah the combat might not have the most depth, and missions can get a little samey.

But the gravity mechanic is awesome. I've never had so much fun traversing a game world ever. So much fun, especially once you start getting higher shifting speed, recharge rate and slower guage usage. I find Kat quite endearing as well for some reason

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Green wallpaper is best wallpaper

Don't think i've ever bought hat many games in a consoles first year before, so yeah.

I see those pictures and wish I could play Crash Bandicoot on my Vita. Curse you, SCEA!!!!!

DBT85

Aced the first two LBPV world's. Hate getting 85% through a level only to die and have to start again.

Also not managed to improve any of my Wipeout times. And I suck the big hairy meatball in combat races.

Also just traded in Batman since its part of Plus next month. So far trading in that, Gravity Rush and Uncharted had paid my sub for the year.

Not going to lie; I've spent more time than strictly necessary just seeing how fast and far I can toss random people.

They're amazingly durable.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How good is Sine Morra for those of you that have played it? I don't see any Vita reviews for it anywhere.

Its so pretty:

Its very challenging as well and has boss rush, score and challenge modes. If you like shmups, its definitely worth a purchase. From what I heard it has some shaders less than the PC version but looks still really, really nice and runs very smooth.

bradigor

Here is an image of the scratch (you can see if is faint, just to the top left of Wednesday)

It doesn't even seem like a scratch, it is almost like a the pixels are a slightly different brightness.

Any suggestions?

All of these are downloaded onto the memory card, EXCEPT FOR Uncharted, Resistance, MGS, and NFS.

Except those aren't quality system sellers, but rather console spin offs and ports.

So I just realized how insanely huge some of these PSP games are... I have both Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Sonic's Genesis Collection and they're both around 700 MB... wtf? I'm running out of room on my 8gb, can't upgrade for awhile so I'm deleting them.

Sad part is I had Zen Pinball 2 all set up and was enjoying it (gorgeous on the Vita, especially in portrait mode) when I suddenly got a notification that I ran out of room. Sigh.. Can't wait to get my P4G this weekend though, and put that skin all over my Vita so I have no more greasy fingerprints on it.

zulux21

FFS why did i cave :( i bought P4G, i have too much shit to play!!! :( my wallet hates me

because you wanted to play one of the best games to come out this year and perhaps the best rpg of all time that has only 2 battles and 5 min of character control in the first 2 hours of the game?

Dantis

Yeah the combat might not have the most depth, and missions can get a little samey.

But the gravity mechanic is awesome. I've never had so much fun traversing a game world ever. So much fun, especially once you start getting higher shifting speed, recharge rate and slower guage usage. I find Kat quite endearing as well for some reason

Yeah. There's a really nice weightiness to the movement too. For free, I'm certainly not complaining (Unlike Chronovolt, which, though free, is still turd).

Not going to lie; I've spent more time than strictly necessary just seeing how fast and far I can toss random people.

They're amazingly durable.

Haha, I find it weird that that's even in, and happens so often by accident. Really bizarre to be honest.

Why can't that be a system seller? It's what i bought the system for :)

If those ports/spin offs were system sellers then the Vita wouldn't be struggling.

Also, you guys should get the sarcasm detection app from PSmobile.

I'm one of the bigger Sony ponies you will meet. :p

mauaus

because you wanted to play one of the best games to come out this year and perhaps the best rpg of all time that has only 2 battles and 5 min of character control in the first 2 hours of the game?

that sounds reasonable thanks for making me feel better :D

sajj316

So you know when Bilbo Baggins would reach into his pocket to make sure his precious ring is with him ..

That's how I feel when taking my Vita with me to work and playing during commutes. I'm constantly checking my man purse to make sure its there ...

<3 My Vita ...

Awwww sonofabitch, now I have a big fat 0 for Zen Pinball 2 on my Vita trophy list.... ARGHRGH!!! I just don't have the space/time for it right now.. sigh I'll have to come back to it later.

OmegaZero

How good is Sine Morra for those of you that have played it? I don't see any Vita reviews for it anywhere.

The graphics are great. Native res, 60fps, and the only real downgrades from the console/PC version are the shaders and lack of shadows.

It controls well enough with the analog stick, but d-pad control is slightly "jittery" for lack of a better term. You can't be as precise with it for some reason.

The story was surprisingly good. I don't think it'll win any awards but I enjoyed piecing it together. The voice acting is done in Hungarian, but it's convincingly done and adds to the atmosphere of the game for me.

The music is pretty nice, but it's pretty subtle. Nothing catchy or ear-popping, just nice ambient background music that you shoot things too.

It is pretty hard, though. Especially some of the later trophies. Hell, I can't even beat the first boss on Hard yet. In my opinion, it was definitely worth the $10.

EDIT: Yeah, there's a demo out. Give it a try! It's a restricted version of the full game, so if you like it you can buy it without an additional download.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It is pretty hard, though. Especially some of the later trophies. Hell, I can't even beat the first boss on Hard yet. In my opinion, it was definitely worth the $10.

Cant even beat the last level on normal so far..

How is Smart As? Debating between that or the new Brain Age that comes out next week.

Carl

How is Smart As? Debating between that or the new Brain Age that comes out next week.

I think it's pretty good. Has a good variety of minigames, shows you how much you improve every day when you do the daily challenge. Also has a massive amount of interesting stats and stuff if you're into that.

But yeah i think it's pretty decent. Check out some reviews :)

falconzss

>_< I mistakenly picked up Bayonetta (PS3) instead of Vanquish thinking I was getting the really popular game. It does look amazing.

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games ever made. Put over 130 hours into it, albeit the 360 version. Even with the shortcomings of the PS3 version, I'd take it over most other games this gen. Hope you'll enjoy both.

Not sure what to get from the store. The games I really want aren't available on the EU store yet :/

SRTtoZ

i tried to add you but apparently your psnid is incorrect.
i added some more too and cleared a few more slots to add new vitabros. feel free to add me. i'more active on the leaderboards than here in the forum.

You must have mistyped because everyone else added me fine.

Whats your PSN ID? Ill add you.

Mine is OblastSRT4 if you want to try again. :D

accepted requests from:

Shahed
Jimmystav
saveweyard

welcome!

VanWinkle

Oh man, I forgot how good Wipeout 2048 looked. Just put the game in and played a race. My eyes nearly melted.

Also, Yoshida said I had a "nice idea" hehe. Here's what I tweeted to him: "I love how Vita kind of beat MiiVerse (from Wii U) to the punch of being updated as to what friends are doing on individual games. However, I feel there is more that can be done to expand. I was thinking about maybe, on each games Live Area, having a tab for Activities (like there is now) and a tab for Community, where anyone from your region and comment/draw a post on a game's live area. Then have an app that could aggragate all the games where you can view the communities and activities for all the Vita games from one app. Just thinking about that makes me giddy with excitement."

Seriously, though, wouldn't that be awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom