• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemmings PSP =$16
Lemmings PSM =Free

:\

also why 2K keep the older versions of their PSP NBA games(all at $20)

if true, then it's sad but was expected seeing PSVita situation,I think for next year many other games will not make to the west it too.

this gen Insomniac was just a mere shell of it's former self (of PS2 days) the studio is a horrible joke right now, Resistance games were trash and Ratchet games are just lazy soulless rehashes.

I'd say it's better if you avoid their games.

No. You have a terrible taste. R&C ACIT is the best R&C game and one of the best games on the PS3.

VanWinkle

^ I'd love those extra activity feed features, think it is a great idea.

Modnation p***ed me off because it was a good game (and missed needed features/fixes) but the framerate was shockingly bad...it was a slideshow when racing and firing a level 3 weapon...but it had dynamic shadows and a lot of effects...this has less so, should really be able to hit a solid 30 throughout. When I play a time trial with mostly flying on the map it runs like a dream, makes me so happy (for the level :p).

Oh my goodness, just played it and no wonder the framerate's so bad and it's sub-native. They clearly took over EVERYTHING from the PS3 engine. Shaders everywhere, great textures, motion blur, dynamic lighting and shadowing. Such a terrible port. The engine clearly wasn't optimized for the Vita. The second worst travesty after the framerate is the sub-native UI!! That's a huge no-no for a sub-native game. At least make the interface and HUD elements native resolution.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So whos making Vita PSN Game and Service Thread 2? I like how UberTag kept the thread up to date, usually that doesnt happen with these things <_<

Skyzard

Banned
Oh my goodness, just played it and no wonder the framerate's so bad and it's sub-native. They clearly took over EVERYTHING from the PS3 engine. Shaders everywhere, great textures, motion blur, dynamic lighting and shadowing. Such a terrible port. The engine clearly wasn't optimized for the Vita. The second worst travesty after the framerate is the sub-native UI!! That's a huge no-no for a sub-native game. At least make the interface and HUD elements native resolution.

Yep, that's what it felt like, so unoptimised! Ok it was a launch game but nothing ever got fixed. They even teased us with potential multiplayer mode patches. Won't be buying anything from the devs again.

(And I slam it constantly and everywhere - only reasonably decent thing that came out of it was checking out some of the fun community content from the PS3 version which worked ...and my avatar lol).

Onemic

Only ones left are Tekken and King of Fighters right?

Would love to have arcade stick support just for the hell of it...maybe with that usb port and an adapter... I remember someone modded the psp to work with it. I know it's a bit silly but with a vita stand...it would be pretty cool as an option imo

If we got Street Fighter (4 or 3S) or Tekken I'd be so happy.

VanWinkle

Yep, that's what it felt like, so unoptimised! Ok it was a launch game but nothing ever got fixed. They even teased us with potential multiplayer mode patches. Won't be buying anything from the devs again.

(And I slam it constantly and everywhere - only reasonably decent thing that came out of it was checking out some of the fun community content from the PS3 version which worked ...and my avatar lol).

I know, I remember them alluding to patching in multiplayer. We didn't even get ANY fixes. I actually played it months ago since I've had the game for a while, but I haven't played it since the first time and it's been months. If it was native res and had a solid 30 fps, it probably would've been the most technically impressive game on the Vita. As it is, it's a technical disaster.

Skyzard

Banned
If we got Street Fighter (4 or 3S) or Tekken I'd be so happy.

I'm still planning on picking up SFxT when the price drops...but they released so much pesky dlc for it it's kind of annoying and I know people are pissed with the gems but I'd love to play tekken characters with the new sf engine and it looked like a good port. Tekken would be awesome too, tekken 6 was amazing on psp.

I know, I remember them alluding to patching in multiplayer. We didn't even get ANY fixes. I actually played it months ago since I've had the game for a while, but I haven't played it since the first time and it's been months. If it was native res and had a solid 30 fps, it probably would've been the most technically impressive game on the Vita. As it is, it's a technical disaster.

Thankfully S&S RT isn't near as bad, but I just really like the game and want a perfect port...I'm telling them it's not too much to ask until they hopefully give in >:D Modnation damaged me. :p I bought a vita to not have to deal with my constant PC issues/troubles with framerate..

I'll stop sullying the last page and walk my dog, back in a moment. I do feel bad about semi-slagging S&S as I know not everyone will be as bothered by the issues but if they knew how much better it would feel at solid 30 they'd chime in I'm sure.. also it's nothing big but loading times are really surprisingly fast...they must have some skills at Sumo..hopefully they'll keep up the efforts..

VanWinkle

Thankfully S&S RT isn't near as bad, but I just really like the game and want a perfect port...I'm telling them it's not too much to ask until they hopefully give in >:D Modnation damaged me. :p I bought a vita to not have to deal with my constant PC issues/troubles with framerate..

I'll stop sullying the last page and walk my dog, back in a moment. I do feel bad about semi-slagging S&S as I know not everyone will be as bothered by the issues but if they knew how much better it would feel at solid 30 they'd chime in I'm sure.. also it's nothing big but loading times are really surprisingly fast...they must have some skills at Sumo..hopefully they'll keep up the efforts..

I just hope they will patch that. It's just completely ridiculous that Sega STILL hasn't said anything about the Vita version. AND THE GAME IS OUT IN EU! It makes no sense. Especially because it seems to be a very solid port for all intents and purposes.

I think we need a Vita PSN Game and Service Predictions thread because it should then be clear from the title that the content will be totally different.

Well, I mean, it's not like after 20k posts, Vita will no longer have games and services. Therefore, I don't see why we shouldn't have the thread.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just like the Vita will

Sorry

CGjFo.gif

I wish I had that "Now you know you fucked up, right?" .gif but I don't. So this'll have to suffice.

TurkishEmperor said:
I'm launching the new thread guys, I'm almost ready, and no its not a general Vita thread. ;)

Except this thread isn't done yet!?

Has there been any mention of Metal Gear Support coming to the Vita, I thought Kojima mentioned Project OGRE stuff going multi plat? Did anything come out for handheld news lately?

Been playing some Rayman after getting it and its an amazing game, visually fantastic and a lot of fun.

Also my copy of NFS: MW came today, so far its amazing! Not only does it have great graphics for a portable game (except oncoming headlights, damn) but it plays just as well. I also love the perfect integration of social aspects and comparisons. The constant updates of leader boards and challenges are a great way to make you want to keep playing, always trying to one up if you are within reach of beating a friends score.

Speaking of that, Dave im coming for your scores you better believe :p

I will say the streets can be a little empty at times but to be fair, at others it can get pretty busy.

All i can say is its shame that this game hasn't got the credit it deserves in some places, it really does remind me why i take no notice of what reviewers think.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I was dismissive of the whole "TPP for Vita" thing but now i'm not so sure - Kojima had the whole "i want to save the PS3 with MGS!" and i just wonder if Sony have thrown some cash at him for a Vita game?

I mean - if the vita is in danger of going down, you might as well throw $20-50m at people and see what sticks given that if you DO cancel it you are going to have to write down, what?, $300m? $900m ?

IF TPP is a vita game then i would still be surprised.

And - gents - see you on the "other side" in the new thread. Brothers, Sisters, it's been emotional. :)

dsigns1

Only ones left are Tekken and King of Fighters right?

Would love to have arcade stick support just for the hell of it...maybe with that usb port and an adapter... I remember someone modded the psp to work with it. I know it's a bit silly but with a vita stand...it would be pretty cool as an option imo
And the best fighting game around...soul calibur which had a psp specific game.

hitmon

I was dismissive of the whole "TPP for Vita" thing but now i'm not so sure - Kojima had the whole "i want to save the PS3 with MGS!" and i just wonder if Sony have thrown some cash at him for a Vita game?

I mean - if the vita is in danger of going down, you might as well throw $20-50m at people and see what sticks given that if you DO cancel it you are going to have to write down, what?, $300m? $900m ?

IF TPP is a vita game then i would still be surprised.

And - gents - see you on the "other side" in the new thread. Brothers, Sisters, it's been emotional. :)

What is TPP?

Moofers

Does anyone know how to use the Vita as an extra PS3 controller? I'm hoping I can use it for another player in PS All Stars. Thanks in advance!

FireCloud

Just noticed Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness and Prinny Can I Really Be The Hero? are both on sale this week. Picked them up and added to my growing backlog.

Btw, thanks for the great thread Vitabros/Vitacats! See you all next time....

VanWinkle

It feels like we're going down with the titanic and saying our goodbyes but at the same time strategizing about what we will do in heaven...

Vita Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom