• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game's name is "Bomberman: Bakufuu Sentai Bombermen", Sentai means task force in Japan, like ...

eNSrj.jpg

Bomberman x power rangers?

Will buy.

VanWinkle

Got it from a bargain bin somewhere

The fact that it used the shin budokai engine makes it even more glaring how bad the game is. Terrible movie, terrible graphics, meh combat, very little character roster. Maybe not the worst game i have ever played. Shin budokai on the psp was pretty good if i remember

so yeah now is the time to demand a straight up sequel to Daxter. It had the greatest mini game of any game ever !!!

175443-daxter-psp-screenshot-neo-daxter-in-matrix-minigames.jpg

You are officially my friend. Any fan of Daxter is a fan of mine.

Corto

If we're starting to post random PSP Japanese games I would love to have a Boku no Natsuyasumi for the Vita. The difference is this one would be awesome! hehehe

Boku-No-Natsu-Yasumi-4-Back-To-The-Summer-Of-1980s-JAP1.jpg

Takao

Banned
If we're starting to post random PSP Japanese games I would love to have a Boku no Natsuyasumi for the Vita. The difference is this one would be awesome! hehehe

Boku-No-Natsu-Yasumi-4-Back-To-The-Summer-Of-1980s-JAP1.jpg

Wasn't there one of these on PS3? It'll probably happen if Vita actually can carve out a market for itself in Japan.

VanWinkle

Would love to have the Jak & Daxter HD Collection on Vita. It's a shame Konami is the only one that brought their HD collection to Vita. Sony OWNS the Vita, they should be putting all of their up.

Takao

Banned
Would love to have the Jak & Daxter HD Collection on Vita. It's a shame Konami is the only one that brought their HD collection to Vita. Sony OWNS the Vita, they should be putting all of their up.

you will get remote play
for half of them
and like it too

vdlow

Anyone here has FIFA 13 or knows if there's an active online community for this game?

I played the demo of the first FIFA that hit Vita and I was really impressed.

I read some reviews saying it is the same game as the first Vita FIFA, but still, I'm impressed and it's totally base on FIFA 11,which is my favorite.

whitehawk

Banned
Uncharted Golden Abyss

- Waaaay too many gimmicks and too many are forced. While I admit that I like the Vita's touchscreen, I don't necessarily want to have to use it to access things like the journal or reloading my weapon.

Score- 8/10
You can also press down on the d-pad to reload.

Playstation All Stars

I should begin this by saying I don't like fighting games and the only kind I'll even bother playing are ones like this and Smash Bros.

+ Game looks and runs great on Vita. Very fluid from what I can tell.

+ Some of the levels are pretty cool. I really enjoyed the LBP one creating stuff on the fly and then turning into the Buzz stage and asking trivia while fighting.

- Lineup is pretty terrible and pandering to upcoming games. Why the stupid new emo dante and not classic dante? How is big daddy a playstation all star when the original game was a freakin 360 exclusive??? What the hell is that cat thing? That one was an even worst choice than Jigglypuff.

- Supers are too overpowered and too easy to activate. I prefer it in smash bros where I remember them being a little tougher to use and even if you did it wasn't always a guaranteed kill. I like how you have to get knocked off the stage to lose in that game whereas here you can get some character like Raiden with a ridiculously overpowered level 1 super 30 seconds in the match and wipe out 3 people instantly.

- Arcade mode is a chore to go through with most of the characters. The 3 minute matches drag on forever when I essentially win them in less than a minute.

- Picking up items with the touchscreen was a bad idea. It doesn't register most taps and in a game where taking your fingers off the buttons can result in getting beat down you need to have quick and responsive controls.

- While the trophies are really easy in this game (except for some of those online ones), the in game trophy/achievement system really fails when compared to Smash Bros. It's not nearly as in depth or rewarding to unlock them.

Score- 4/10. I like Smash Bros a lot more *runs*
The weird thing about PSAll Stars is that I'm seeing some major gameplay flaws, but I'm still able to have a lot of fun with it. The great thing about Smash Bros. is that it can be played as a competitive fighter, and also as a fun party fighter. With PSAS you can't do that. The game is reliant on supers, which are un-balanced by default. In Smash Bros, if you get hit a lot in the game, you are slowly punished for it. The more you get it, the easier it is for you to fly off the map and die. However in PSAS, I can be a punching bag the entire game, but luckily dodge the supers every time. Instead someone who has barely been hit the whole game can get hit in the crossfire of a super and die.

My other major gripe with it is the presentation. I thought this was a big budget title for this year. It had a big showing at E3. But everything from the menus and the cutscenes seem low-budget. I couldn't believe when I started arcade mode, and the cutscenes were poorly drawn pictures, instead of animates scenes. Plus characters like Nathan Drake are terribly drawn, it doesn't look anything like him.

But even though it's not as balanced, I just try to ignore the flaw and I'm still having a lot of fun with it.

7/10

All-Stars has me conflicted as well. It's fun, but there's just so much that makes me cringe:

- The loading times are atrocious. UMvC3 and DOA5+ load in about three seconds and look much better.

- Arcade mode is dire. Four 3-minute matches in a row!? So tedious. And the horrible "cutscenes" aren't much motivation to slog through it.

- The menus, loading screen, game credits...everything looks like it was done by an intern. No regard for presentation whatsoever in a game whose genre is all about nostalgia and fan-service. Shameful.

- What exactly is the "Extras" menu for? Because those character bios are awfully short, and there's literally nothing else there. I saw a leaked set of screenshots before that had things like stats (most used character, number of kills, times each weapon used, etc.) like SSB. What happened to that?

Decent as a game, terrible as a fun showcase for Sony's stable of franchises.

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah despite my low score I didn't really hate PS all stars if you just look at the core gameplay. It's just the bad lineup and limited features and extras from smash bros (sorry but it's impossible to not compare the two) really hamper the fun I have. Also having to do 20 arcade modes for all of the trophies is really annoying with those 3 minute matches.

Online I have some fun every now and then but it would be nice if I can get into a match with no one using Kratos for a change. All 3 of his supers are overpowered and he has 2 extremely annoying mid range grab moves that people use all of the time to get cheap and quick hits. And why not? There's no penalty for using them after all.

whitehawk

Banned
Yeah despite my low score I didn't really hate PS all stars if you just look at the core gameplay. It's just the bad lineup and limited features and extras from smash bros (sorry but it's impossible to not compare the two) really hamper the fun I have. Also having to do 20 arcade modes for all of the trophies is really annoying with those 3 minute matches.

Online I have some fun every now and then but it would be nice if I can get into a match with no one using Kratos for a change. All 3 of his supers are overpowered and he has 2 extremely annoying mid range grab moves that people use all of the time to get cheap and quick hits. And why not? There's no penalty for using them after all.
Sorry... I use Kratos. I hate the Killzone guy myself. One time I got into a match with 2 of them. They were standing on either corner of the map just using the sniper all the time. So annoying.

But yeah I agree. Overall. The core gameplay is fun, but as a whole package, the game is a letdown. I like that Smash Bros is a celebration of all things Nintendo. There's so much to it outside of the core game. Extras, music unlockables, character trophy's, real cutscenes to the story, mini-games etc. PSAllStars could have been that. Outside of the gameplay, the whole package feels cheap and poorly put together. But I'd rather have it this way than amazing presentation and shit gameplay.

cyborg009

Banned
Sorry... I use Kratos. I hate the Killzone guy myself. One time I got into a match with 2 of them. They were standing on either corner of the map just using the sniper all the time. So annoying.

But yeah I agree. Overall. The core gameplay is fun, but as a whole package, the game is a letdown. I like that Smash Bros is a celebration of all things Nintendo. There's so much to it outside of the core game. Extras, music unlockables, character trophy's, real cutscenes to the story, mini-games etc. PSAllStars could have been that. Outside of the gameplay, the whole package feels cheap and poorly put together. But I'd rather have it this way than amazing presentation and shit gameplay.

By the way sorry for leaving after a single match I kinda had work to do.

Iacobellis

Anyone here has FIFA 13 or knows if there's an active online community for this game?

I played the demo of the first FIFA that hit Vita and I was really impressed.

I read some reviews saying it is the same game as the first Vita FIFA, but still, I'm impressed and it's totally base on FIFA 11,which is my favorite.

I just got the game and can easily hop into a ranked match.

Derrick01

Banned

I've used him too a few times before I realized everyone uses him and how overpowered he was. Honestly since I was too busy trophy whoring I was mostly using Raiden for the easy level 1 super. Trying to win without dying was fucking brutal and even with 2 vs 2 it took me about 30 tries. Some guy with Radec like you said almost got me in the last couple of seconds because he was trying to use that super where you aim across the map at people and time ran out before the projectile could hit me. I was about ready to throw my Vita in anger over losing that trophy in the last second.

Jamix012

VitaBros Two things
Firstly I have been browsing here for ages but only made around 5 posts in the last OT and maybe another 5 in the OT before it. I'd like to try and be more active here.

Secondly the $5 off any $25+ spend on amazon expires tonight, but I have no idea what to get (And only really want something on the Vita.) I have Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, ModNation, UMVC3, MGS HD, PSAS, Everbody's Golf, Ridge Racer and Rayman Origins. What should I get?

whitehawk

Banned
I've used him too a few times before I realized everyone uses him and how overpowered he was. Honestly since I was too busy trophy whoring I was mostly using Raiden for the easy level 1 super. Trying to win without dying was fucking brutal and even with 2 vs 2 it took me about 30 tries. Some guy with Radec like you said almost got me in the last couple of seconds because he was trying to use that super where you aim across the map at people and time ran out before the projectile could hit me. I was about ready to throw my Vita in anger over losing that trophy in the last second.
It blows my mind how (most) achievements are. For example that kill 3 people with a level 1 super? You can do that in practice mode
KuGsj.gif

ZeroAKA

VitaBros Two things
Firstly I have been browsing here for ages but only made around 5 posts in the last OT and maybe another 5 in the OT before it. I'd like to try and be more active here.

Secondly the $5 off any $25+ spend on amazon expires tonight, but I have no idea what to get (And only really want something on the Vita.) I have Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, ModNation, UMVC3, MGS HD, PSAS, Everbody's Golf, Ridge Racer and Rayman Origins. What should I get?
You're in the right place, Vitabro. Also, get Persona 4 Golden.

Noi

It blows my mind how (most) achievements are. For example that kill 3 people with a level 1 super? You can do that in practice mode
KuGsj.gif

Hell, I figured out the easy way to get the "use x supers on x stage" trophies on my own after seeing how wonky the game's design was in other areas. After seeing that I could get the "do a combo that reaches the AP limit" trophy in practice mode, I naturally tested out the level 3 ones... was laughing my ass off when they worked.
KuGsj.gif

Derrick01

Banned
KuGsj.gif

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised to learn you could do a lot of them in practice mode, even the use ____'s level 3 super on _____ level. But there was an online version of that 3 person kill one too which was still pretty easy to get with Raiden's level 1. Same with the get a double kill in a 2 vs 2 match.

Derrick01

Banned
So does anyone still have Madden on Vita? I was wondering if they really did patch out a lot of the slow down as I heard they did. I tried the demo out yesterday and the actual gameplay is fun (if not a little hard to see when it zooms out pre-snap) but all of the little slowdown in between plays really adds up.

VanWinkle

So does anyone still have Madden on Vita? I was wondering if they really did patch out a lot of the slow down as I heard they did. I tried the demo out yesterday and the actual gameplay is fun (if not a little hard to see when it zooms out pre-snap) but all of the little slowdown in between plays really adds up.

I remember somebody saying that they did fix the slowdown, or at least a good bit of it.

dorkimoe

So fight for fortune sucked IMO. I had no clue what was happening. I really wish they would have made it like metal gear acid. Or they would make a vita version of acid. That was the only game I truly enjoyed on psp

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So fight for fortune sucked IMO. I had no clue what was happening. I really wish they would have made it like metal gear acid. Or they would make a vita version of acid. That was the only game I truly enjoyed on psp
The only game. Holy shit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How the hell am I supposed to do the human shield trophy? The guards never fire! :/

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
It is a very simple game. I don't even know what part of the game can possibly confuse you.

Derrick01

Banned
I remember somebody saying that they did fix the slowdown, or at least a good bit of it.

Hmm I guess I'll wait for a really good sale on the game just to be safe then. Or maybe wait for next year since I'm sure it'll be a better version and might even have the new physics system in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The guys in the white normal would fire at you.

Yeah, I found the NW compound, but the pirate dudes flip over me and I can't seem to grab them to use them as a shield. It's very annoying.

Noi

Yeah, I found the NW compound, but the pirate dudes flip over me and I can't seem to grab them to use them as a shield. It's very annoying.

Find the NW compound, run past the first group of guards at the SW entrance, but stop at the two white ones in the hallway before the main courtyard. Those will do nothing but shoot at you if you don't get close enough to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom