• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

@Hanmik I see you playing Sly Cooper:Thieves in time :)S - how? ) - I think it must be because they aren't playing online or something! Only shows up since we are on friendslist?

-- I think so - Just saw another sign on and instantly shows up as being on friendslist. Must be for power saving on vita (doesn't update unless you use online stuff).

I see you playing oddworld..

Tailer

Haha I bet by the time I wake there will probably be 10~ new pages in this topic or wait maybe there will be a new topic for soul sacrifice demo. Hmm yeah that will probably be the case.

Shahed

I'd put Golden Abyss as the best. Golden Abyss stands out because it really is the first proper high-production handheld game ever made.

Persona 4 is a PS2 game. It looks like a PS2 game and plays like one. 99% of the good content is from the PS2 one.

Golden only added a new dungeon (Which is crap), two new S Links (One of which is crap), and a load of really minor changes.

It should absolutely not be placed above 'proper' Vita games.

In terms of production values and budget maybe. But I'd say Uncharted is the worst game I've played on the Vita thus far

EDIT: Scratch that, it isn't. Forgot about PSABR

Skyzard

Banned
I see you playing oddworld..

Sorry by friendlist I mean he showed up on netflix - which is why I think it only shows up when using online connectivity...makes sense I guess - no need to turn on wifi and battery usage for friends app updates..(on a portable).

How is sly! Framerate ok? not too easy?

Dantis

I guess if we're basing qualitative judgments on production values alone, you're right. Thankfully, I like to think we're above that.

As a game that shows what makes the Vita a significant platform, yes. It's an experience you can't get on anything else. On Wii U, the best port so far is BlOps 2, right? But you wouldn't call that the most significant Wii U game, because you can get that on every other platform. You'd say the best Wii U game is like... Nintendo Land. Or something.

P4G is amazing, no doubt. It's still a port of a PS2 game.

In terms of production values and budget maybe. But I'd say Uncharted is the worst game I've played on the Vita thus far

This is an astoundingly hyperbolic thing to say. :/

Either you haven't played many Vita games or you really dislike third person action games.

Hanmik

Sorry by friendlist I mean he showed up on netflix - which is why I think it only shows up when using online connectivity...makes sense I guess - no need to turn on wifi and battery usage for friends app updates..(on a portable).

How is sly! Framerate ok? not too easy?

i just noticed people have a yellow dot. so they are probably not online..

sly..sorry embargo.

Shahed

So February looks amazing for EU people

I think we have;

Ragnarok odyessy
Persona
Edf
Ninja gaiden?
Munches odyessy
And then whatever other small games we don't know about

That's the only one I'm definitely getting. EDF depends on a demo since I've never played a game in the series. Ragnarok Odyssey I gave up due to lack of single player content (I do a lot of playing at work where I have no Wi-Fi)

Dantis

Is Ragnarok Odyssey actually any good? On the run up to release people seemed really hyped for it, and then it just kinda vanished,

in NA???!!!!

No. EU. They've been on the store (PS store, not PS Vita Store) forever in NA. But sadly, like Crash Bandicoot games and the R-Type games, they're not compatible in NA.

@Hanmik I see you playing Sly Cooper:Thieves in time :)S - how? ) - I think it must be because they aren't playing online or something!

Hanmik gets review copies of things. He might also be friends with the Sly Cooper dude?

Ugh, now I'm having trouble with the Airboat race in Gravity Rush. I was just in the middle of a good run when my friend called my cell phone and would not hang up. It was ringing all through it and completely threw me off. I felt like answering just to say F OFF!

I hate that one.
Gravity kick, make sure you fast fall the bigger gaps, and use the gravity slide on the archway.
Other than that, it's practice.
You'll know you get it if the final checkpoint is below you go to move to it.

Skyzard

Banned
i just noticed people have a yellow dot. so they are probably not online..

sly..sorry embargo.

Ah I see ok, no worries - very jealous though.

Ok so I've left friends app open but I've returned back to oddworld - you can see if it still shows? If so I can try closing friends app just to confirm you need to be using wifi...

Shahed

This is an astoundingly hyperbolic thing to say. :/

Either you haven't played many Vita games or you really dislike third person action games.

The former :p

I was just being controversial for the sake of it. I haven't played many Vita games. The only ones I've actually finished are Gravity Rush, Virtue's Last Reward and Uncharted. Had a brief stab at Mutant Blobs Attack and Sound Shapes and I'll get back to them, and currently playing AC:L.

I thought Uncharted was okay overall. It could have been my second favourite in a series I really like without certain drawbacks. But with VLR being arguably the best game I've played this year (that released this year), and Gravity Rush also being awesome, that automatically designates Uncharted as the worst game I've played thus far even if I kind of like it :)

Hanmik

Ah I see ok, no worries - very jealous though.

Ok so I've left friends app open but I've returned back to oddworld - you can see if it still shows? If so I can try closing friends app just to confirm you need to be using wifi...

now you are yellow.. and gameless.. lol

Skyzard

Banned
now you are yellow.. and gameless.. lol

Bit lame but if they did leave a tag for when I was playing a game it would have to turn on wifi just to let people know when I've exited the game I think..bit of a waste of battery and if I go somewhere without net it would be left on indefinitely? - it wasn't very well explained with the yellow icon though.

At least now we know they aren't just staring at their vita digital game collection ;) - not sure if it says when you are on the browser..

Dantis

I was just being controversial for the sake of it. I haven't played many Vita games. The only ones I've actually finished are Gravity Rush, Virtue's Last Reward and Uncharted. Had a brief stab at Mutant Blobs Attack and Sound Shapes and I'll get back to them, and currently playing AC:L.

I thought Uncharted was okay overall. It could have been my second favourite in a series I really like without certain drawbacks. But with VLR being arguably the best game I've played this year (that released this year), and Gravity Rush also being awesome, that automatically designates Uncharted as the worst game I've played thus far even if I kind of like it :)

Ah, haha. :p

I feel like Golden Abyss was something of a missed opportunity. Some parts were absolutely excellent, but the touch screen implementation was astoundingly bad.

You need to play more Vita games. Play Persona. It's very, very good. :p

Shahed

Ah, haha. :p

I feel like Golden Abyss was something of a missed opportunity. Some parts were absolutely excellent, but the touch screen implementation was astoundingly bad.

You need to play more Vita games. Play Persona. It's very, very good. :p

I thought it was actually a very good game when you were actually playing the game. I really like the treasure integration which actually seems relevant and have back story, as opposed to the consoles where they just happen to be there. It's just it got bogged down too often with stuff that ruined the game and soured the whole experience. The game could and should have been my second favourite Uncharted.

I only got the Vita in August, and for the first month I let my brother have it since he doesn't play handhelds as often, so it would be easier if he got Uncharted and Gravity Rush out of the way (the only two games he was interested in), and then let me play the rest. Another month was also used on Tales of Graces F and 999, so in the end I haven't actually had it for that long. I've got a few games I'm eyeing but it'll take time to get around to them. I only play one game at a time, and move on when I finish the previous one. As for Persona, I'll get it when the EU version releases.

And I forgot. Uncharted isn't the worst game I've played on Vita thus far. I forgot about Playstation All Stars. Even if i thought that wa sokay, that's the worst game I've played thus far :p

kliklik

Banned
I hate that one.
Gravity kick, make sure you fast fall the bigger gaps, and use the gravity slide on the archway.
Other than that, it's practice.
You'll know you get it if the final checkpoint is below you go to move to it.

I can make it to the second-last checkpoint by 1:22 (deadline at 1:30 for gold) but I am having so much trouble landing the last checkpoint that it delays me until 1:45 sometimes.

EDIT: just made 1:30'23 :-/

STG

How do you sync the ps3 bluetooth mic to the vita? Tired of not being able to hear what other people are saying.

on the vita search for a bluetooth device

on the headset thingy hold the "power" button till it beeps

the vita should find it and ask for a pair code, should be 0000

that's how I did it as far as I remember, youtube should have some video guides for that if this doesn't work

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I'd argue you played Motorstorm a lot, but you seem to forget that since you play it on PS3 :p

rCIZZLE

on the vita search for a bluetooth device

on the headset thingy hold the "power" button till it beeps

the vita should find it and ask for a pair code, should be 0000

that's how I did it as far as I remember, youtube should have some video guides for that if this doesn't work

I think this worked. Thanks. :p

edit: damn, this feature isn't exactly what I wanted. Was hoping the game sound would still play through the vita while the chat stuff played through mic, like how it is with ps3 games. Instead it all plays through the mic. Anybody have any suggestions?

Shahed

I'd argue you played Motorstorm a lot, but you seem to forget that since you play it on PS3 :p

You know I forgot about Motorstorm. I've probably played more of Welcome Park than RC on Vita

My Vita play on RC consists of syncing my times (and trophies), and checking ranking for only the first level :(

I can make it to the second-last checkpoint by 1:22 (deadline at 1:30 for gold) but I am having so much trouble landing the last checkpoint that it delays me until 1:45 sometimes.

EDIT: just made 1:30'23 :-/

Those are the worst.

If you hit that 2nd to last (clock on building) @ 1:22, you should just be able to look down and the last checkpoint will be on the ship below you.

kliklik

Banned
Those are the worst.

If you hit that 2nd to last (clock on building) @ 1:22, you should just be able to look down and the last checkpoint will be on the ship below you.

Made it in 1:18'56!!!! Thank you again! Second time you've helped me today.

Now I just have Boutoume's challenges left. I think they should be ok because I already silvered them with lower level skills.

Carl

You know I forgot about Motorstorm. I've probably played more of Welcome Park than RC on Vita

My Vita play on RC consists of syncing my times (and trophies), and checking ranking for only the first level :(

Other way around for me. Played all of it and platinum'd it on Vita - only booted PS3 version to get mah trophies

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Other way around for me. Played all of it and platinum'd it on Vita - only booted PS3 version to get mah trophies

He'd probably do too, but his Vita Motorstorm is bugged.

Shahed

He'd probably do too, but his Vita Motorstorm is bugged.

Still remember the first time I played it. It was the very first game I tried on Vita, and it wouldn't work! I panicked thinking I got a defective Vita. It was only later I discovered Motorstorm is the only game that doesn't work. Why can't I scroll left and right...

It would have been nice to play at work

Didn't know that - bit of a bugger.

I don't get it. I've tried deleting and reinstalling a few times, and even a different memory card. No go. I would have raged if it wasn't a cross everything game.

Still even if it was fine, I already had the platinum and the Pro Am expansion 100% before I bought a Vita

Toma

Still even if it was fine, I already had the platinum and the Pro Am expansion 100% before I bought a Vita

Until Toma came and CRUSHED your scores, HA! ;p
(Okay, okay.. "slightly improved on them")

OH GOSH. Rayman Origins on Vita :eek: Loving it even more than the PS3 version.

Yeah, looks marvellous.

Toma

I'll get around to them eventually! I don't think I've touched my PS3 since I finished Unfinished Swan a couple of weeks ago

Take your time, lol. I enjoy finally being on top of my friend leaderboards again. :p

bradigor

JP.

Was there ever any mention of the HD versions for the first 2 games on Vita?

Sorry if this was answered already, I was busy on Stranger's Wrath.

However New n Tasty is getting a Vita release. So hopefully Exodus HD will too (if it gets made, which I am sure it will)

Edit: Remember watching the Eurogamer developer session when they stated clearly that they would make all the games for any platform that wanted them. So I'd expect every Oddworld game they make to appear on Vita at some point.

leng jai

Spent about 30 minutes last night trying to delete shit off my 16gb to make room for some PSP/PS1 games and failed. Gonna just buy a 32gb card. You win Sony.

Toma

Spent about 30 minutes last night trying to delete shit off my 16gb to make room for some PSP/PS1 games and failed. Gonna just buy a 32gb card. You win Sony.

Yep.

Toma

It's a pretty good game, but it heavily relies on multiplayer and, like most releases, many people put it down after the first week or two.

*waves at Grim*

I know who is gifting to you but you dont! :D
No one knows besides me yet, but I just felt like saying that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom