• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Welllllll, that's that

Pretty good game really, and a few great ideas that should be incorporated into the rest of the series (eg: making treasures plot-relevant). A shame it was bogged down by a lot of dull minigames and some really poorly conceived sections.

The villains were also rather underwhelming. They both came off more like goofballs than an actual threat, and that never changed. Furthermore, though everything was mostly fine, nothing really stood out like the numerous setpieces of AT and DD; it was similar to DF in that regard.

Once I got used to the sensitivity of aiming with the gyro (which is still a bit too low, even at max, imo) shooting became more satisfying than it's ever been in the series. It's going to be tough going back to pure dual analogue.

Also positioning grenades with touch was really good. I always hated using 'nades in the other games because of how cumbersome they felt. Not here!

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Just cleared all the challenges in Gravity rush. I was lucky to clear most of them on bronze. No idea how I'm going to gold them all...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just cleared all the challenges in Gravity rush. I was lucky to clear most of them on bronze. No idea how I'm going to gold them all...
Practice (and upgrades) makes perfect!

Twinduct

Finally caved in and bought a 32gb card for my Vita. The 16 gb that's been serving me for the whole year just wouldn't be enough for Phantasy Star Online 2 and the digital version of Soul Sacrifice...
On the plus side, I'll be able to make the 16 gb one my eu ps+ card.

Buying mine next year .. once I get a deal with a game or something. Leaving on holiday in two days and lost my laptop's charger, so been figuring out what to put on my 16gb .. hard choice :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Shameless cross posting, but maybe some of my Vitabros help me out a bit (or have an interest themselves!)

jbzsvdNmZu84RL.jpg
We posted up our Best of 2012 Free music post and want to share it around for an end of the year push :) If you like Indie/Pop/Electronica or the other spectrum New Wave/Punky, or if you know someone who does, I'd appreciate it a LOT if you could send the link around:
http://wasfuersohr.blogspot.de/2012/12/records-of-year-2012-editorial-picks.html

The music is free! And good! And diverse! And.. you can listen to it on your Vita!

lol, yeah I know that was stretching it a bit. Consider it my christmas present! ;p

QP3

Just finished the RO demo. Pretty fun, challenging but not frustratingly so.

To anyone who owns the full game, how does the difficulty compare to the demo? (Assuming you have played both)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Question for smart Vitabros:

I think I might want LBP Vita, but I want to see the next round of deals first. Is that deal going to expire tomorrow?

OmegaZero

Just finished the RO demo. Pretty fun, challenging but not frustratingly so.

To anyone who owns the full game, how does the difficulty compare to the demo? (Assuming you have played both)

About the same for most of the game (it gets much harder to solo in the later chapters), but for the love of god do not choose the archer class from the beginning unless you enjoy punishing yourself.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The store is updating on Mondays for the next 2 weeks cause of the holidays. Current deals should expire tomorrow after the store updates with the new deals.

Ah nice. How much is LBP atm anyway?

Carl

Probably won't be around much from now til maybe next weekend.

Hope all of VitaGAF has an amazing Christmas. Enjoy yourselves, folks. <3333333333

QP3

About the same for most of the game (it gets much harder to solo in the later chapters), but for the love of god do not choose the archer class from the beginning unless you enjoy punishing yourself.

OK thanks. Might consider picking it up once I finish AC, or if it comes down in price.

Coming from the psp, the dual sticks are a god send in games like RO.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It IS the best in the series.
I have to disagree.

I think the very first race-level in LBPV is one of the absolute highs of the series but I think overall it's nothing special. It's yet another LBP game if you like those.

Massa

Hmm...do I wait? Or do I dive in? I think I should dive in, you guys seem to like LBPV

They'll probably post the sale in the morning, and update the store in the aftern GCT.

But LBP Vita is very much worth it, you should just jump right in! One of the best games to come out this year for sure.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm...do I wait? Or do I dive in? I think I should dive in, you guys seem to like LBPV

It's LBP: If you liked 1-2, get it. Otherwise, no. If you aren't sure, there's a demo on the PSN store but you gotta make a decision today since the store updates tomorrow (possibly at noon EST, if history repeats for the holiday updates) and the deal expires.

Skyzard

Banned
My interest in RCR has sadly nosedived :(

Too bad, as I like its creator.

Same. It still looks quite suited to the Vita but after he allowed replying or letting us know what was going on in EU (even estimates or any updates whatsoever for months)... I'm passing on getting it at launch unless it's a steal.

Cya Carl have a good break, merry christmas to everyone else leaving us :'(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They'll probably post the sale in the morning, and update the store in the aftern GCT.

But LBP Vita is very much worth it, you should just jump right in! One of the best games to come out this year for sure.

oh, good point! I could probably wait until tomorrow because of GCT!

Famassu

Bend did good with Uncharted Golden Abyss, BUT:

-bounties need to go, I loathe them. Whoever thought grinding gun fights for bounties is a good idea is my mortal enemy. It's BS that I need to play some chapters through for a gazillion times (I know there's Near but even though I have a couple of friends with GA, I don't seem to be getting anything) and sometimes I don't get a single bounty in a chapter (especially these FUCKING cards, no one ever drops them)
-it's too long. So much filler/redundancy, they could've easily shaven of 5+ chapters from the game and it would be better off for it
-too many cutscenes that interrupt the flow of the game. One of the things Uncharteds do so well for cinematic games that put them over others is the pacing & the way you are often in control in situations you wouldn't be in many games. Golden Abyss gets interrupted by pointless cutscenes way too often, most of those times they could've just had the characters banter the same thing during traversing. This gets more evident in subsequent playthroughs, but it was still somewhat annoying to be interrupted by cutscenes all the time even during the first one.

It's LBP: If you liked 1-2, get it. Otherwise, no. If you aren't sure, there's a demo on the PSN store but you gotta make a decision today since the store updates tomorrow (possibly at noon EST, if history repeats for the holiday updates) and the deal expires.

It's better than 1-2, I'd say.

But does the store in the US really update tomorrow? (Assuming this is because of Christmas?)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes, it updates early and is the last update of the year (Unless they planned another one?) for the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom