• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpgN

Have fun! And it ain't imo :p

Why can't I use my codes?! Dutch account. Tried it on the PSV and PS3, all say used.
:(

You're crazy! I have seen the light...just finished 7 missions and now I'm in love...I didn't think Velocity would be that good :p And thanks, I very much did :3

Get on those codes people, what a great way to receive christmas gifts.

And breakquest is not bad, those controls need a bit of getting used to though. It's a nice time waster, I can see myself liking it more.

You can't use them? That sounds really odd. I've read some other people having problems, which games are you talking about?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
RpgN said:
You're crazy! I have seen the light...just finished 7 missions and now I'm in love...I didn't think Velocity would be that good :p And thanks, I very much did :3
It's been a while since i've played it, however I do remember finding the teleporting a bit annoying. Should probably download it for Vita and give it another shot :)
RpgN said:
You can't use them? That sounds really odd. I've read some other people having problems, which games are you talking about?
All of them! :p

RpgN

It's been a while since i've played it, however I do remember finding the teleporting a bit annoying. Should probably download it for Vita and give it another shot :)

All of them! :p

Yeah, teleporting is a bit tricky, especially with the analogue stick (thing?). It works pretty well with the d-pad once you get used to it imo.

You said you used the Dutch store, as far as I'm aware that shouldn't cause any problem as long as it's from EU. I got a Dutch account too (among others) but used the codes on the other main account which is from the UK. A lot of codes were already used before finding two that did work. When they're used, that is legit but I have no idea what it means when it mentions an error. I hope you'll get those games somehow, you have been so kind, you have to.

tornjaw

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but I didn't feel like riffling through 150 pages.

I'm aware that I can purchase PSX games on the PS3 and transfer them to my Vita. However, can I purchase PSX games through the PSN on my Vita and later on play them on my PS3?

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but I didn't feel like riffling through 150 pages.

I'm aware that I can purchase PSX games on the PS3 and transfer them to my Vita. However, can I purchase PSX games through the PSN on my Vita and later on play them on my PS3?

Yes!

kiyomi

I've not done it myself but I see no reason why you couldn't. You should be able to download them to the Vita and transfer it across. But when you buy it, it'll be on your download list on the PS3 anyway, so you'd just be able to download them directly to the PS3.

Not sure about save data.

Oho, Warrior's Lair looks cool.

I want Lumines dubstep edition :(

Ooo or a dubstep pack for sound shapes

I would kill for a rustie, Hudson mohawke, TNGHT, James Blake, or maybe someone like SBTRKT collaboration. Dubstep without the cliches. Would be so awesome.

Of course some the big drop producers wouldn't be bad either. Get Rusko or Flux Pavilion.

Twinduct

I want Lumines dubstep edition :(

Ooo or a dubstep pack for sound shapes

Game's flow will be killed by the weird construction of dubstep. Maybe something along the lines of Mogwai or Tycho (Traditional EDM)'s dubstep variants could work though. Slightly slower and less chaotic.

Derrick01

Banned
VLR is starting to pick up now. I reached a point in the story branch that I took where it gave me a to be continued and I had to go back to where the branch started and take the other path. Well I guess I didn't have to go back to that particular branch but I did anyway. But the real cool thing is that the game acknowledged that I had gone back and actually changed quite a bit of the dialogue to reflect that instead of just making everything repeat.

zroid

Banned
So say I adored the walking dead and it's my second favourite game of forever.

Would I enjoy VLR?

Walking Dead is like watching a movie, with some interactive elements thrown in

Zero Escape is like reading a picture book, with some interactive elements thrown in

(the experiences are not exactly the same)

Derrick01

Banned

Would I enjoy VLR?

Maybe? TWD is popular because most people really enjoyed the story and writing so there's no real way to say for sure that you'll like VLR's writing. VLR does have more gameplay in the form of puzzles that actually can be pretty tricky though.

But you need to play or watch the true ending of 999 first to get the most out of VLR.

Shahed

VLR is starting to pick up now. I reached a point in the story branch that I took where it gave me a to be continued and I had to go back to where the branch started and take the other path. Well I guess I didn't have to go back to that particular branch but I did anyway. But the real cool thing is that the game acknowledged that I had gone back and actually changed quite a bit of the dialogue to reflect that instead of just making everything repeat.

Bear in mind that even when you are technically on na different branch you haven't seen before, there will still be be a few major scenes that will be repeated since a simple yes or no can't change everything. A lot of these can still be skipped, in particular certain scenes invloving Alice or Quark

Would I enjoy VLR?

I'm the other way around. Thinking of getting Walking Dead because I liked VLR so much. In the end though they are both story driven, which is the only similarity, so it all depends on if you like the story or not, in which they are quite different.

Personally I really liked VLR. In fact I'd give it my GOTY, although in a pretty weak year overall. If you do want VLR, you must play 999 on the DS first, which you'd need to import since it was never released here. As a last resort you could YouTube it all, but watching a video woud remove part of the effect playing it would give you as it ties a certain aspect of gameplay very closely to the plot in an awesome twist

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was afraid that the combat in ZHP would get monotonous after a while, but thankfully the different levels have different features. Thats a really neat idea.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Where are you up to?

I just did level.. 4? The bullying pair.

Btw, random note. The only times I died so far was the very first dungeon boss. I died 5-6 times, but then luckily didnt die after those in the following dungeons anymore.

Toma

You're further than I am! ;_;

I just got to that area. Oh well. I'm having too much fun with SS right now. So good.

The traversal in that area was really interesting. And the final boss area a bitch. Make sure to set the caravan to level 9, so you can at least offload all the money before getting your ass kicked.

(Seriously, make a note to remind yourself to do it, or just start the game up once to do it, lol. Losing 2000 gold is very annoying at this stage of the game, especially since your Prinny wife continuosly uses up money.)

And I agree.Sound Shapes is really engaging.

I just did level.. 4? The bullying pair.

Btw, random note. The only times I died so far was the very first dungeon boss. I died 5-6 times, but then luckily didnt die after those in the following dungeons anymore.

I think that's Level 3. Level 4's when things start to get tough.

Toma

I think that's Level 3. Level 4's when things start to get tough.

How many levels are there? The story character introductions makes it seem like 8 or 9 or something. That wouldnt be too terribly much.

On the other hand, the caravan setting suggests that there are dungeons with 280 levels, soooo.

How many levels are there? The story character introductions makes it seem like 8 or 9 or something. That wouldnt be too terribly much.

On the other hand, the caravan setting suggests that there are dungeons with 280 levels, soooo.

Only 10 levels/chapters, but the first couple of dungeons are split into two parts to give you a break since it's still early in the game. Then there are the Mastery Caves, which are good for grinding and unlocking hidden stuff like the Dengeki Dungeons, new facilities, and recruiting rouge Bizzarro Earthlings as employees.

Toma

Only 10 levels/chapters, but the first couple of dungeons are split into two parts to give you a break since it's still early in the game. Then there are the Mastery Caves, which are good for grinding and unlocking hidden stuff like the Dengeki Dungeons, new facilities, and recruiting rouge Bizzarro Earthlings as employees.

Ah that sounds neat. Btw, do you know whether I can max out my Prinny wife so that she stays on the highest level and doesnt need more money? She is currently giving me 5 pages for items, but I am not sure whether I should continue to level her.

Also: Why isnt my useless daughter doing anything for me! I am the Absolute Bondage Ranger after all!

Mutant Blobs, Gravity Rush and PSASBR already made my Vita purchase worth it and I haven't really even touched Uncharted, Newt, Chronovolt or Mortal Kombat. While this is going on I still have the increasing pile of PS+ backlog on my ps3. I have no other choice than to keep resubbing :lol.

Also got Alundra and Tomb Raider to test the emulation later on. I should have just gotten 32gb card, my 16 is already full :d.

Well at least there is plenty of stuff to keep me busy. I'm tempted by Persona Golden but I need to wait info on EU release zzz.

And THEN there are all the PSP games. I was looking foreward to play Corpse Party sequel on vita but there has been no info about it. Last I heard it was supposed to come out this year in NA...

zroid

Banned
I just ran into this bug in Uncharted (Ch. 29)... three times in a row!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK3aCTSj8UM

Didn't know it was a bug at first, just thought I was missing something. But I checked a guide and realized an event was supposed to trigger, and it didn't, thereby stranding me. Poor form, Sony Bend :p

But after restarting the checkpoint a few times, the event triggered normally. Whew.

EDIT: LOL I take that back, while I was typing this post, it went and bugged out again. God dammit.

EDIT2: alright, I think I'm in the clear, finally!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EDIT: LOL I take that back, while I was typing this post, it went and bugged out again. God dammit.

Er-So continue pushing forward? I dunno why you'd run back at that part, esp. on Crushing where you're going to die if you do that. Might as well utilize the small amount of cover you get and pick targets off like you should be doing.

Edit: Oh, it seems to break even then. Weird. I dunno why it would break since I never had that happen in my two-five runs through that level.

zroid

Banned
Er-So continue pushing forward? I dunno why you'd run back at that part, esp. on Crushing where you're going to die if you do that. Might as well utilize the small amount of cover you get and pick targets off like you should be doing.

Edit: Oh, it seems to break even then. Weird. I dunno why it would break since I never had that happen in my two-five runs through that level.

that wasn't my video, just something I found when I was trying to figure out wtf was going on, lol

oops never mind

anyway, it seems to be fine now =)

Ah that sounds neat. Btw, do you know whether I can max out my Prinny wife so that she stays on the highest level and doesnt need more money? She is currently giving me 5 pages for items, but I am not sure whether I should continue to level her.

Also: Why isnt my useless daughter doing anything for me! I am the Absolute Bondage Ranger after all!

Depends on how much storage space you want/need. I don't think I needed to stop paying her until nearing the end of the game. Also, she doesn't just provide space but also a lunch that you can call into the dungeons which restores 50 EN. If you don't pay her very often, the house will turn into ruins and the lunch she'll provide won't be very good (it'll only restore about 5 EN).

...and your daughter doesn't do anything at all to support you, just like real teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom