• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I knew why the hell Amazon stopped carrying Touch My Katamari. I was going to use my Amazon $5 off code on that to get it for around $20.

hamchan

Don't forget to pick up Virtue's Last Reward. It's a really great game, but sadly not well known.

I actually got the 3DS version a couple of weeks ago which I regret now after hearing about all the save bugs, wish I got the Vita version instead. It's pretty fantastic besides that.

Lusankya

I actually got the 3DS version a couple of weeks ago which I regret now after hearing about all the save bugs, wish I got the Vita version instead. It's pretty fantastic besides that.

It's pretty sad the 3DS version got all the bugs, considering the 3DS should have been the lead platform. At least you can somewhat avoid the save bug, it's still a hassle, though.

Concerning vita games, you might also want to look into Sound Shapes. It's a cross buy with the PS3 version and a nice game.

Tiamant

Finally it happened, my 16gb memory card is full thanks to Uncharted and Sine Mora, so far it lasted more than I expected.

-Uncharted
-Sine Mora
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Dissidia Duodecim
-Megaman Maverick Hunter X
-Sunflowers
-Mutant Blobs
-Chronovolt (shitty game, must erase asap)
-Sound Shapes
-Ecolibrium
-PvZ
-Frobisher Says
-Playstation Allstars

For now I'll just erase all the FF's and wait for a 32gb sale but damn Sony and PS+!

yurinka

Ono, the Street Fighter producer just said something about PSP and Vita. Can you translate it, please?
Ono said:
ロケフリでみる、シルシルサンデーを見ていると、日本の自宅が恋しくなる・・・。あ、そうそう、Sonyさん、PS VitaにPSPにのっけているロケフリPlayerを移植しませんか? まぁかなりニッチな要望かと思いますが・・・ まぁ、無理かな。。。 どうぶつの森でもして寝るか・・・

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/277717894056529920

I'd say he's port begging some player, but Google Translate doesn't help.

Sid

Ono, the Street Fighter producer just said something about PSP and Vita. Can you translate it, please?
google trranslate said:
Looking Rokefuri seen, the sill sill Sunday, the Japanese home ... I miss. Oh, yeah, you do not have a ride to transplant Rokefuri Player to PSP Mr. Sony, the PS Vita? Well ... but I think I will demand a fairly niche, how impossible Well. . . I sleep with in Animal Crossing ...

highrider

Banned
Why didnt Wipeout 2048 get any love? It looks amazing and the online campaign is absolutely perfect for quick handheld replayability.

How would you guys compare NFS to this game?

big 2048 fan, but nfs just blows my mind. most impressive game on the vita imo.

rCIZZLE

Just got the Sound Shapes plat. Already beaten 3 games in the past week. Even though I have a few more to go, I think I'm going to crack and make P4G my first retail purchase. Never played it before and this seems to be the Vita game to get.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just got the Sound Shapes plat. Already beaten 3 games in the past week. Even though I have a few more to go, I think I'm going to crack and make P4G my first retail purchase. Never played it before and this seems to be the Vita game to get.

Good man. Persona 4 is awesome. Enjoy it.

quick question, so I bought Ridge Racer type 4, if I ever have to delete it for space on the memory card or some reason, am I able to download it again as many times as I like for free as i've bought it on my account?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
quick question, so I bought Ridge Racer type 4, if I ever have to delete it for space on the memory card or some reason, am I able to download it again as many times as I like for free as i've bought it on my account?

Yes. Make sure to upload your savegame to the cloud, as you'll otherwise delete it too.

Skyzard

Banned
Yes. Make sure to upload your savegame to the cloud, as you'll otherwise delete it too.

It's the ps1 game (Type 4).

PS1 and PSX game save-files don't get deleted like with Vita games. You can also backup them up separately which you can only do with Vita games with a PS+ subscription atm or backing up the whole game.

Toma

It's the ps1 game (Type 4).

PS1 and PSX game save-files don't get deleted like with Vita games. You can also backup them up separately which you can only do with Vita games with a PS+ subscription atm or backing up the whole game.

Oh yeah,sorry. Didnt notice its the PS1 game he was talking about.

Soul sacrifice is without a doubt the best looking vita game so far. Sooooooo geeked that it's native rez.

I don't know, I just replay Uncharted GA again recently, and it still look unbelievable on handheld.

protip: stop playing with your head so close to the screen. not only it's bad for your eyes, it will only make you notice the aliasing more. :p

ロケフリでみる、シルシルサンデーを見ていると、日本の自宅が恋しくなる・・・。あ、そうそう、Sonyさん、PS VitaにPSPにのっけているロケフリPlayerを移植しませんか? まぁかなりニッチな要望かと思いますが・・・ まぁ、無理かな。。。 どうぶつの森でもして寝るか・・・

Wants PSP's location-free player (TV player? IDK) ported to the Vita.

But he thinks it isn't going to happen, so he's just gonna play Animal Crossing and go to sleep.

biocat

He's asking for the LocationFree Player to be ported to the Vita.
The LocationFree Player is a Home TV to PSP streaming service.

Yuterald

Whoa, I just bought a pirated copy of Shinobido 2 somehow! Picked this up new at Gamestop yesterday (not sealed, of course...) and I go to try it this morning and the Vita doesn't recognize my cart! I proceed to look closely at the cartridge and the PCSE number is not bold and is shifted to the left. It should be bold and centered. How did this happen!? 0_0

Whatever, going to head back to GameStop today and exchange it out.

Whoa, I just bought a pirated copy of Shinobido 2 somehow! Picked this up new at Gamestop yesterday (not sealed, of course...) and I go to try it this morning and the Vita doesn't recognize my cart! I proceed to look closely at the cartridge and the PCSE number is not bold and is shifted to the left. It should be bold and centered. How did this happen!? 0_0

Woah, pirated Vita games?

Yuterald

Woah, pirated Vita games?

Yeah, I guess. There's definitely something questionable about the cartridge. Nothing happens when I put it into the Vita either. No bubble pops up and I don't even get the little orange light when a game is inserted. Like I said too, the PCSE code is totally suspicious.

Sid

Yeah, I guess. There's definitely something questionable about the cartridge. Nothing happens when I put it into the Vita either. No bubble pops up and I don't even get the little orange light when a game is inserted. Like I said too, the PCSE code is totally suspicious.
I think that's just a dupe cart.

Toma

I have Physical Uncharted, if I download the PSN plus free game, will I lose my save?

You could upload the Physical Uncharted save to the cloud, dl the PSN version then dl the savegame from the cloud. Not sure if the savegame would integrate itself automatically if you dl the PSN version onto a memcard with a savegame.

DBT85

I have Physical Uncharted, if I download the PSN plus free game, will I lose my save?

If you save your save to the cloud since you also have PS+ then you'll be fine.

Once you are happy that your save is safe on the cloud remove your cart and delete the Uncharted bubble and then download the PS+ version. When you pull the Uncharted save down from the cloud it will automatically go into your download version and will work fine. I have done exactly this.

If you are wary of the cloud not working for some reason then just backup your save from the Vita to a PS3/PC/Mac using content manager.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of 2048: Do you need to Elite Pass all the multiplayer campaign for an achievement or am I missreading the achievement list?

vdlow

Bros, is it normal to be logged off PSN when the Vita is sleeping?

I noticed this in Mutant Blobs Attack. After the ending of each level it uploads your score. I finish a level and then it asks me to connect to psn. The next time I finish a level it doesn't ask me again. But if I put my system to sleep and then play another level, it asks me again to connect to PSN.

falconzss

Bros, is it normal to be logged off PSN when the Vita is sleeping?

I noticed this in Mutant Blobs Attack. After the ending of each level it uploads your score. I finish a level and then it asks me to connect to psn. The next time I finish a level it doesn't ask me again. But if I put my system to sleep and then play another level, it asks me again to connect to PSN.

There's a power savings option which will disable WiFi after a while if not used.

Edit: It's normal for the Vita to disable WiFi in sleep mode.

Toma

Edit: Any one still hoping we'll get P4A on the vita ?

I do, I dont think its completely out of the question either, especially considering P4G sale numbers.

Mondriaan

I started messing around with Japan region PSN to prepare for downloading the Soul Sacrifice demo. I guess I also wanted an excuse to pick up a white Vita. It's so sexy.

Dragon and Samurai seems interesting, but I'm completely lost as far as resource management/town building goes. So far, I have entered a dungeon twice and gotten killed both times. Looks like it has multiplayer online, though.

Picotto Knights is a lot of fun. It's much easier than D&S as far as being able to do stuff without being able to read anything. Chakram is probably my favorite weapon at the moment.

Toma

I started messing around with Japan region PSN to prepare for downloading the Soul Sacrifice demo. I guess I also wanted an excuse to pick up a white Vita. It's so sexy.

Dragon and Samurai seems interesting, but I'm completely lost as far as resource management/town building goes. So far, I have entered a dungeon twice and gotten killed both times. Looks like it has multiplayer online, though.

Picotto Knights is a lot of fun. It's much easier than D&S as far as being able to do stuff without being able to read anything. Chakram is probably my favorite weapon at the moment.

There is a Vita game with dungeons, resource management and town building containing Dragons and Samurai???
:-o

Edit:
F2P for 1 hour a day, then you need to pay for more playtime. BLEH.

OmegaZero

Speaking of 2048: Do you need to Elite Pass all the multiplayer campaign for an achievement or am I missreading the achievement list?

No, you do not have to Elite Pass all multiplayer nodes.
Though sometimes it may be easier to meet the Elite Pass requirements for them.

staticshade

Neo Member
I do, I dont think its completely out of the question either, especially considering P4G sale numbers.

The vita has got a pretty sick fighting game roster already. P4A and injustice(come on mk guys sort out the native res) would just add a cherry to the top of the cake

JoshHood

The vita has got a pretty sick fighting game roster already. P4A and injustice(come on mk guys sort out the native res) would just add a cherry to the top of the cake

I would love to see Injustice, but get the feeling that we only got Mortal Kombat because of some kind of deal between them and Sony. Depends though, they might see the growing Vita fighter library as a good opportunity.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Can you take a picture?

I'm glad Picotto Knights is coming over. It was fun from what I played.

Takao

Banned

Wants PSP's location-free player (TV player? IDK) ported to the Vita.

But he thinks it isn't going to happen, so he's just gonna play Animal Crossing and go to sleep.

I think Ono was the only person in the world who used that. We got the ability for Location Free in the North American PSPs, but I don't believe anything in this region even works with it, lol. Reminds me of the fact we had the PSP Camera option for 2 years before we even got the camera.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No, you do not have to Elite Pass all multiplayer nodes.
Though sometimes it may be easier to meet the Elite Pass requirements for them.

Welp, know what I'm going to stop worrying about and just move through so I can get to the cross-play then.

LProtag

I've got the 32gig card coming in and I'm going to use this 50 dollar Target card I have to get a 50 dollar PSN card.

What should I pick up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom