• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I'm probably way LTTP, but what the fuck

soul-sacrifice.jpeg

SmokyDave

F7C9A.jpg

No extras or lower price for EU when it'll be released. Only "1 month of additional polish/development". My hype for this game is gone completely.
Same. I desperately wanted it, then I wanted it, then I forgot about it, now I couldn't give a shit.

Irrational when you think about it, but there you go.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Not on a technical level it doesn't. :p

They might be more complex on a technical level, but Wipeout LOOKS better. Native res alone is a big difference in favor of Wipeout alone.

:p

Soul Sacrifice benefits from what i call Japanise school of making games - concentrate on character models at the cost of rather bland enviroment.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've got the three months of PSN+ right now, so I'm good on that for a little bit.

I have P4G, VLR and Lumines, plus all the PSN+ games.

I'm thinking about hitting PS1 Classics kinda hard.

I heavily recommend getting Alundra ($5,99 - if you like Zelda type games) and Wild Arms ($5,99 - If you like classic RPGs) . Incredible value for two very great and big games.

Edit: Tomba/Tombi if you like Jump&Runs (Whats the price of those btw?)

Takao

Banned
I'm probably way LTTP, but what the fuck

soul-sacrifice.jpeg

"All of the monsters you slay in Soul Sacrifice were once human. The Harpy was a woman of noble birth who fell in love with a fruit vendor. Everyday she stopped by and bought a bunch of fruit hoping to attract his attention. As her love deepened so did her appetite and she grew in girth.

One day, without warning the merchant moved to another town. The heartbroken woman heard the whispers of darkness and transformed. Her extra baggage became clay. Wings sprouted from her back and she flew to the next town. Rather than being overwhelmed with jealousy, her appetite took over and she swallowed the man whole. Now, the Harpy flies in the sky looking to swoop down on her next meal."

Toma

Wild Arms felt really archaic when i tried it on psp year or two ago.

If it works on Vita - Suikoden is great.

Its a classic RPG, but how long did you play it for? Once it opens up, there is a ton to explore and the dungeon puzzle elements are still rather interesting and get quite complex later on.

spannicus

"All of the monsters you slay in Soul Sacrifice were once human. The Harpy was a woman of noble birth who fell in love with a fruit vendor. Everyday she stopped by and bought a bunch of fruit hoping to attract his attention. As her love deepened so did her appetite and she grew in girth.

One day, without warning the merchant moved to another town. The heartbroken woman heard the whispers of darkness and transformed. Her extra baggage became clay. Wings sprouted from her back and she flew to the next town. Rather than being overwhelmed with jealousy, her appetite took over and she swallowed the man whole. Now, the Harpy flies in the sky looking to swoop down on her next meal."

Beautiful and this ends today's episode of Masterpiece Theater.

zroid

Banned

(._. )

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I started messing around with Japan region PSN to prepare for downloading the Soul Sacrifice demo. I guess I also wanted an excuse to pick up a white Vita. It's so sexy.

Dragon and Samurai seems interesting, but I'm completely lost as far as resource management/town building goes. So far, I have entered a dungeon twice and gotten killed both times. Looks like it has multiplayer online, though.

Picotto Knights is a lot of fun. It's much easier than D&S as far as being able to do stuff without being able to read anything. Chakram is probably my favorite weapon at the moment.
Picotto knights is beautiful, i want it now in eu!

Samurai & dragons seems to be very good too, with a lot of things to do, but the dungeon part is very difficult(but i don't understand japanese so i could have missed something important). I want this too.

There is a Vita game with dungeons, resource management and town building containing Dragons and Samurai???
:-o

Edit:
F2P for 1 hour a day, then you need to pay for more playtime. BLEH.
There is some sort of limitation, i don't remember what, but i played more than one hour without problems.

Toma

There is some sort of limitation, i don't remember what, but i played more than one hour without problems.

I was going by a review I found about it, maybe they patched it to change the system slightly?

From what I've seen now, I'd love the game as a normal title. Give it to me for 20$-30$ without limitations and we are good.

crinale

..and after you defeat her, she will transform back to human and begs you mercy. After that you can rescue her, or sacrifice her to gain power :)

Interesting thing is if the vote gets split between party members (rescue or sacrifice), then you may get different result (at least that's what Inafune has said before).

When is the demo? I gotta switch accounts when it's out.

Plus it has online, so some of you better play with me!

Demo is at 12/20, and it should have online features. Inafune said that the feedback from players will be reflected to the final game (I'm assuming it may be balancing issue).

Toma

..and after you defeat her, she will transform back to human and begs you mercy. After that you can rescue her, or sacrifice her to gain power :)

..and if you disagree you need to fight it out with the other players over the decision.

crinale

..and if you disagree you need to fight it out with the other players over the decision.

Actually, on later footage of the Maedhros's post, two players were slain (and thus got sacrificed by others to cast heavy damage spells :D ), so post-mission vote was done by only surviving players. In this case there were two, and vote was split. The final outcome was that the "blacksmith" was rescued. I can't tell what actually determines the result if vote is divided exactly half.

Coins

Banned
So anyway, I made a thread a bit ago about having my Vita stolen. I bought another yesterday but dont have enough dough to replace the 32GB memory card. Luckily I had the 8GB one from my 3G bundle I had originally bought.

Whats the best way to swap out games and what is the process? Im assuming the connection manager thing? Can I back up individual games on my PC and swap them in and out as needed?

Any help would be appreciated as my 8GB card is already full. lol.

Toma

So anyway, I made a thread a bit ago about having my Vita stolen. I bought another yesterday but dont have enough dough to replace the 32GB memory card. Luckily I had the 8GB one from my 3G bundle I had originally bought.

Whats the best way to swap out games and what is the process? Im assuming the connection manager thing? Can I back up individual games on my PC and swap them in and out as needed?

Any help would be appreciated as my 8GB card is already full. lol.

Yeah, connect the Vita to PC or PS3, then back up games individually via Content Manager. Insert the new card to your Vita, then load the games from the backup via the content manager.

quick question, so I bought Ridge Racer type 4, if I ever have to delete it for space on the memory card or some reason, am I able to download it again as many times as I like for free as i've bought it on my account?

I'd love to here your impressions, as I've never played it and I'm wondering if it holds up.

yurinka

o_O wow

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, what? AC3:Liberation spoilers, Toto maybe you can explain the plot to me?

You play as a female Batman but with the time skips in the main story it's hard to follow. You free a slave that works with the British/Loyalists that you find this out after killing a shit load of people to find this out. You bust your ass to find this information, so your "Mentor" in the Lousiana Bayous hates you (why are you the only Assassin besides him and the dude that runs your company/Alfred to your Batman), you find your mother who is protecting the "pieces of Eden" in Mexico from your Mentor (what?). Then you return home and your stepmother is the big bad (WHAT?!). You can find this out with an "Erudito cut" that isn't really needed because your father wanted to marry your mother but because it was the 1700's it was frowned on for inter-racial marriage (and no laws at the time anyway).

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WHAT. WHAT.
Avaline joins the Templars/her step-mothers order after killing her Mentor
. WHAT? BAD END. WHAT.

And to kill a CitizenE/Erudito hacked citizen in the after-credits bit. WHAT.

wilflare

PSY・S;45242399 said:
LBPV get! It's time to romp around Carnivalia as Solid Sackboy!

have a feeling it'll become part of the Instant Game Collections though :X
EDIT: but it's a darn good buy

WHAT. WHAT.
. WHAT? BAD END. WHAT.

Keep in mind the game is a Abstergo propaganda tool

cyborg009

Banned
WHAT. WHAT.
. WHAT? BAD END. WHAT.

Ya the story is pretty crazy.... but did you like the game?

Toma

That soul sacrifice video on the jp youtube was awesome looking; I wish I knew what half of the text meant and what was going on.

Still so long until western release :(

if a couple of fans could make lamecraft on psp why hasn't notch ported the real deal to vita

Because they are basically having dedicated teams for each release. They'd need to open another team just for continuous Vita dev support.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
if a couple of fans could make lamecraft on psp why hasn't notch ported the real deal to vita
Because Mojang are slightly inept, basically. The Pocket version has been out for a long while and is still bad. The Xbox version, which was not created by them, if more efficient than the PC version.

They have a lot of work to do and I don't think they have the capacity to work on anything more than content updates for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom