• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Skyzard

Banned
Overall i enjoyed the trial of castle storm. Will prolly bite down the line... Too mch on my plate now. Levels Seemed a littled slow. Wasnt using the tri-stones on the castle for half the level though. The left stick is too sensitive and the dpad has a slow start to its movement, but overall its doable. Def enjoyable - esp if youve played sword and soldiers on wiiware.

Sounds about right, spot on with the controls - Also they didn't tell you but you can tap the screen to fire as well.
Difficulty is definitely there if you want it though, and it ramps up towards the end even on normal. I played swords and soldiers too and enjoyed it :) this feels like a nice upgrade on that with the angry birds firing and controlling the hero. Also the cutscenes are pretty fun too :p

Not a must play, but awesome on Vita and lots of fun when you feel like playing an action-strategy game.

yusss

buy castlestorm and tearaway :p also malicious rebirth

looking forward to videos of spiderman and reviews of injustice too.
any one know if there is a chance luftrausers will pop up this month? where the heck is that game

Steel

Banned
Whoa. What in the holy hell is going on in this game?! o_O

VLR is full of some seriously effed up stuff. Is it going to make some sort of coherent sense by the time I get the platinum?

Oddly everything makes sense after you finish the game. BTW after you think you've finished, check the flowchart again.

cyborg009

Banned
Whoa. What in the holy hell is going on in this game?! o_O

VLR is full of some seriously effed up stuff. Is it going to make some sort of coherent sense by the time I get the platinum?

Yes if you pay attention.Funny thing I've never got the platinum since I'm missing two trophies.

Sounds about right, spot on with the controls - Also they didn't tell you but you can tap the screen to fire as well.
Difficulty is definitely there if you want it though, and it ramps up towards the end even on normal. I played swords and soldiers too and enjoyed it :) this feels like a nice upgrade on that with the angry birds firing and controlling the hero. Also the cutscenes are pretty fun too :p

Not a must play, but awesome on Vita and lots of fun when you feel like playing an action-strategy game.

yusss

buy castlestorm and tearaway :p also malicious rebirth

looking forward to videos of spiderman and reviews of injustice too.
any one know if there is a chance luftrausers will pop up this month? where the heck is that game

Yeah id recommend it if ur looking for a smaller title... Seems fun and there could be some depth further on. It actually looks good too. Definitely swords and soldiers + angry birds. Theres a lot to manage - plenty going on at once.

At least give the demo a go.

I feel really bad I haven't played my vita in awhile :( The last time I used it was for the tunein app which I actually really like, its a great addition (love listening to spanish and french radio)

I'm on a 3ds kick, first pokemon since gold. Really want to get into the MGS collection and Soul Sacrifice later this month. Can't wait for remote play. Gonna be amazing.

Edit: Forgot about tearaway, I got into gaming because of N64 platformers so I'm pumped up for it!

Yasumi

Banned
Anyone play Dragon's Crown with friends using ad hoc?
I keep getting disconnected during chaining runs after the most recent update, and can't find anything on what could be causing it. Very frustrating.

Has anybody else experienced this or something similar, and have you solved it?

Anybody having this problem? http://imgur.com/oPcXqVz
I tried restarting and disconnecting the network, it keeps popping up and when it connects, it asks me to connect again... Frustrating.

See:

Click here:

http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Sign in

Accept new TOS.

Seems to fix it.

Jeels

Wanted to come in here saying I couldn't log into PSN/any apps with my Vita. (Messages, Friends, Tunein, and Store is what I tried). Thought something messed up from the latest firmware but it looks like others are having this issue so its network related?

Thanks for the help! it worked!

Hmm, I can't even log in on the SEN store. Somethings fucked up...

try signing in from the website and then it'll ask you to sign in again to make sure, after that it'll keep asking you to sign in. When it does this, close the site since it already checked but it got stuck. Everything should work fine after this.

Shoyz

Wake Up Club bugs out for me every time I try to use it, and what good is an alarm clock that doesn't wake you up?
I always get that notification instead of the actual alarm.

Edgeward

re: Totori

Well, I'm just not sure if I'm doing things right. Things have opened up but still early on in the game. And I have no clue how to effectively spend my time, especially how to increase my alchemy rank. Which seems more important than adventure rank or leveling up, based on a quick glance at forums. I've heard to not even really focus on completing bar quests since the rewards are putrid

nicolajNN

Wake Up Club bugs out for me every time I try to use it, and what good is an alarm clock that doesn't wake you up?
I always get that notification instead of the actual alarm.

What do you do when you've set up the alarm? If I remember correctly, you have to leave it with the app open, and wait for it to go into standby by itself. You can't put in on standby by pressing the power button, that weirds it out.

cafemomo

re: Totori

Well, I'm just not sure if I'm doing things right. Things have opened up but still early on in the game. And I have no clue how to effectively spend my time, especially how to increase my alchemy rank. Which seems more important than adventure rank or leveling up, based on a quick glance at forums. I've heard to not even really focus on completing bar quests since the rewards are putrid

yeah your rank is more important.
personally, i gave up on the game around year 3
gYBGzQg.jpg

Shoyz

What do you do when you've set up the alarm? If I remember correctly, you have to leave it with the app open, and wait for it to go into standby by itself. You can't put in on standby by pressing the power button, that weirds it out.

That would explain it..

killatopak

Gold Member
Guys are you aware of the bumps on the Vita's back? Specifically on the lower left strip, below the touch pad?

v3g0K5C.jpg

They said it was common. Some are visually identifiable and others can only be felt or seen when you look for it. What's the cause?

Mine has it although you have to feel it carefully to know that it has a bump. Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it! Share my pain!

Here's the bump. It ain't mine though. Just for reference.

RalchAC

At 40 euros and only digital you can't expect your game to sell. The game has sold what it deserves (at that price). The trilogy needs to be IMO 5€ or less to sell decently.

Are you going physical? Because the soundtrack is available as a part of the EU PSN pre-order option if digital is an option for you.

Also, I asked them on Twitter and they said that the soundtrack is going to be released separately at some point.

Yes, I'm going physichal. I'll try to ask someone in twitter, thanks :)

just really weary of used memory cards.

the other week i convinced a friend to get a vita. he got one. but he got a used 32GB from gstop. now all of his downloaded games kept crashing on it. to make sure it wasn't just him, we tested it out on my vita. and my downloaded stuff kept crashing. then I tested out a spare unopened 32GB I had laying around and it had no issues whatsoever.

gstop really needs to test them out. all they ask you when you trade in a vita memory card is "yo you deleted your stuff right?"

I bought mine in CEX (it's a second hand only store) and it works flawless. But those guys are very picky when buying things. A friend of mine tried to sell their PSP (the give 50+ euros for the first model) and rejected it for some reasons (sand in the screen and the battery cover was damaged and fell easily). They even keep it for two days.

After that we went to GameStop, the guy switch it off, looked if the firmware update was official and say there was no problem. At least they give 1 year warranty in second hand devices (dunno about mem cards)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok, what the hell is going on in here.

Why is every time I attempt to go to the friend list/message in my Vita PSN logs me out and then ask for me to log back in and then repeat ad nauseum?

What is going on in here?

Heh, my red Vita doesn't have the bump on the back, but my black one doesn't. going to guess it was a manufacturing error that was in the first batch.

Also I got Invizimals. Game is going to be impossible to record, and I mean literally impossible, because some of the capture activities require you to actively move large distances. Can't play in the dark or artificial lighting because it makes you go through walls. >___>

killatopak

Gold Member

I have the same problem. WTF Sony, do your job!

Heh, my red Vita doesn't have the bump on the back, but my black one doesn't. going to guess it was a manufacturing error that was in the first batch.

Man. It sucks knowing there's an imperfection on your Vita. :(
Good for you though.

No bump on my black Vita, which I'm glad for because I would have had an OCD fit over it.

No one's sharing my pain? :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Urgh, bad gateway, bad gateway, bad gateway.

It only logs me out when in Friend List and Message though! Aaargh.

Anyways, anyone here playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? Want me to carry your pawns? I am still at the very beginning and I am interested in seeing what kind of pawns you people have (also, if it is possible, carry my pawn please, I need those Rift Crystals... Still at very low level though... ah well woe is me.....)

If you don't have me yet, add me at LaughingBanana. If only this blasted problem gets fixed first though uuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

killatopak

Gold Member
Urgh, bad gateway, bad gateway, bad gateway.

It only logs me out when in Friend List and Message though! Aaargh.

Anyways, anyone here playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? Want me to carry your pawns? I am still at the very beginning and I am interested in seeing what kind of pawns you people have (also, if it is possible, carry my pawn please, I need those Rift Crystals... Still at very low level though... ah well woe is me.....)

If you don't have me yet, add me at LaughingBanana. If only this blasted problem gets fixed first though uuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Now I know the reason. It's freaking maintenance.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Alright, it's fixed. True that I need to accept the new tos first bahh.

Anyways, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen folks. Add me in LaughingBanana.

Famassu

Could someone else with Rayman Legends test if they can get to the Daily Challenges? Whenever I try to jump into the Challenges painting, it asks me to sign in to PSN again. It does, but then goes back to the starting room and a "You signed out from PlayStation Network. This feature will not be available until you sign in again." text pops up. At first I thought maybe something is up with PSN (maintenance), but I COULD sign in and go to the PS Store and the sign in through Settings worked as well, so I don't know what's going on.

Could someone try if they can play challenges and do all the other PSN-tied features in Rayman Legends to see if it's just me or if it's some Ubisoft server problem.

EDIT: Oh, read the last few posts, seems like this might be about the new terms of service. Carry on.

Novocaine

I have Dragon's Dogma from last month, maybe I should start it. HLTB showing a 67 hour main story completion? I don't know if I have the energy. Is it as good as people say it is? Maybe I'll just play big dumb Metal Gear Revengeance.

Labadal

Played with the Vita a bit yesterday. It's very comfortable overall and I love the screens, but the sticks will be a problem for my big hands and so will the small buttons. It's nothing I won't get used to, but it will take a little time.

Got four games included with the system. Only tried Dynasty Warriors Next. It will be sold as I expected. Will try out Lumines and Everybody's Golf later today. Won't even try Resistance. Waiting for Muramasa to arrive, have the PS+ games but I ended up playing a PSP game, Tactics Ogre. Persona 4G will be bought sooner or later.

Really happy with my decision to get one. Most anticipated games:
Ys, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice Delta and FFX HD.

Famassu

Won't even try Resistance.
If you're into Trophy collecting, you should. It's not a bad game, just a very unremarkable one, but what it DOES have is one of the easiest Platinums ever. You can get it within one or two evening's play sessions. Or within one day.

Labadal

If you're into Trophy collecting, you should. It's not a bad game, just a very unremarkable one, but what it DOES have is one of the easiest Platinums ever. You can get it within one or two evening's play sessions. Or within one day.

It's an FPS. Even in God Mode, I'd lose. :(

Top Bottom