• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Loxley

Activision has only released trash on Vita so far, so that would make sense.

ooooo3dela.gif

Edgeward

Weird, DOA5+ and Star Wars Pinball both crash on start up. Anyone know what the cause this is or what to do? I thought this was earlier just a matter of Jet pack Joyride being shitty but now it's gone and spread to other apps as well. =\

edit: turning the vita off and turning it on seems to fix it.

nampad

After having a PSM game massacre and on my Vita so I won't hit the stupid bubble limit, I started refilling my new memory card with games and am once more remembered how bad the download list of the PSN store is. Going through all the stuff I bought takes ages. I can only start 1 download at a time and then I have to go through the whole list again. All DLC isn't bundled with the game and have to be downloaded separately.
Funnily, the Vita itself even has a limit on how many items you can put on your download queue so I can't set it up in one turn.

Best of all, my Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Vita version seems to be missing from my list. I can only see the PS3 version and my network pass. I don't know how something like this can happen, now I have to call the support again.

Flandy

Hey everyone, long time lurker here that finally decided to sign up. Been lurking this thread for months (ever since I got my Vita in March) so I thought I should make my first Gaf post here :) With that said, have you vitacats/vitamuffins/vitabros (whats the term?) seen this Killzone remote play gif?
iMxJjwNoRZuwA.gif

I just noticed God Eater Burst is on sale for $12.99 :O
Has it ever gone lower than that? Or should I just jump the gun and get it in preparation of GE2 (whenever I decide to import that)

I wonder why no company has yet to make a grip that includes triggers and buttons connected to capacitive touch styluses that simulate the L2/R2 and L3/R3 functionality?

With RemotePlay being mandatory for most games, the rear-touch pad will be used to replace the missing four buttons. Top left will be L2, top right R2, bottom left L3, bottom right R3.

Why not have a grip (perhaps based on the CTA Digital/Nyko Powergrip form) that added a set of L2/R2 triggers in their natural position behind the shoulder buttons and buttons for L3/R3 where the middle finger naturally rests or can easily reach?

I am not proficient in photoshop at all, maybe someone can visualize what I am thinking. Maybe we can even get a prototype made in CAD and then 3D-printed?

This is what a capacitive stylus looks like (relevant portion is the little black bulb on the end). This is the CTA Digital grip from two angles. Front Back.

antibolo

Banned
Just tried the Toukiden demo from Japanese PSN. Game looks gorgeous, I usually don't care about MH clones but I may care about this one. I hope TK didn't change their minds about localizing it (I don't remember any recent updates from them??)

ZeroAKA

Just tried the Toukiden demo from Japanese PSN. Game looks gorgeous, I usually don't care about MH clones but I may care about this one. I hope TK didn't change their minds about localizing it (I don't remember any recent updates from them??)
They confirmed that the game will be released in February in Europe about a week ago.

Milly79

Castlestorm is incredibly fun. Aiming is a bit hard for me for some reason, I had the same issue with KZ:M (online). Is there there DLC for CS? Saw some more trophies, but couldn't find it in the store. Also, does Vita have any TCGs? Really have the itch after watching Hearthstone.

co1onel

Castlestorm is incredibly fun. Aiming is a bit hard for me for some reason, I had the same issue with KZ:M (online). Is there there DLC for CS? Saw some more trophies, but couldn't find it in the store. Also, does Vita have any TCGs? Really have the itch after watching Hearthstone.

The only one I know of is the Uncharted card game.

Remk

I am thinking of buying a 64 GB card to have all my library in one place, but I know i can manage with my current 32 one.

But the thought of having all those bubbles ready to go is very tempting, urgh what say you Vitagaf?

antibolo

Banned
I am thinking of buying a 64 GB card to have all my library in one place, but I know i can manage with my current 32 one.

But the thought of having all those bubbles ready to go is very tempting, urgh what say you Vitagaf?

I say wait for the 64gb to be released internationally, if you feel like you don't absolutely need it now then there is no point in importing it at a premium right now.

Skyzard

Banned
Hey everyone, long time lurker here that finally decided to sign up. Been lurking this thread for months (ever since I got my Vita in March) so I thought I should make my first Gaf post here :) With that said, have you vitacats/vitamuffins/vitabros (whats the term?) seen this Killzone remote play gif?
iMxJjwNoRZuwA.gif

Welcome!

There was a thread for the video but it was a low quality video. And I still haven't seen a demonstration without a cable. And from what I had read, when you go into remote play mode, the PS4 screen turns off or something. So... :S

If it's accurate, then that looks pretty good in terms of response! If an FPS game is playable then that's it really.

Flandy

Welcome!

There was a thread for the video but it was a low quality video. And I still haven't seen a demonstration without a cable. And from what I had read, when you go into remote play mode, the PS4 screen turns off or something. So... :S

If it's accurate, then that looks pretty good in terms of response! If an FPS game is playable then that's it really.

Yeah I got the Gif from that same thread. Just wasn't sure if it had been posted here before so I decided to post it.

killatopak

Gold Member
Welcome!

RPG games will be godly.

So after a couple of hours with Invizimals I'm not impressed. The game basically has two halves, capturing Invizimals through silly AR games and then fighting them in a relatively simple combat system.

The AR games aren't too bad and actually kind of sorta enjoyable (something that would amuse a young kid, so they do their job) and they work fine! For example, that Face Raiders game in the 3DS where you have to dodge shots, one of the levels is like that, and it works really well if you have a good surface. But they're proceeded by these annoying as fuck minigames where you have to chase the Invizimals down by "following" them which means literally walking to find your target, and sometimes even in extremely good lighting conditions the game will want you to walk through walls. And you can be asked to do these sections three times in a row, so if the camera decides that it wants you to walk through a wall, you're screwed and have to do it all over again. Sometimes I've broken into a full on sprint down a hallway to keep up with an Invizimal and I've still managed to fail to keep up with it. Really. Fucking. Frustrating.

The second half is a battle system of sorts. You're put into an arena with 1v1, 1v3 or 2v2 set of battles, with direct control assigned to you. You press a button to use an attack, and if you press it again at a good time, it makes the attack more powerful. Unfortunately, the AI is a big fat cheater. Every attack can stunlock you, but you can't stunlock any enemy anywhere near as easy. Not to mention they can dodge most attacks (the timing to dodge attacks for your Invizimal is REALLY fucked up). And some enemies have cross-arena attacks. That hit immediately.

I'm going to put this into it's own line just so you realise how stupid this mechanic is.

INSTANTANEOUS. UNDODGEABLE. STUNLOCKING. CROSS-ARENA. ATTACK. THAT ONLY THE AI CAN USE EFFECTIVELY.

It gets relatively worse too, especially when you have to take on 3 enemies at once. Even if you're ten or so levels above (for reference, the level cap is 30 [from what I can figure out]) an enemy, every attack will stunlock you. So when the game decides to put you in a 3-on-1 fight, you're stunlocked immediately, and the AI will juggle you back and forth until ALL of your HP is gone. That reminds me of stats actually - when you level up sucessfully, you can up your Invizimals stats, but nowhere in the game or the manual does it explain what any of the stats do. While 3 of the 5 are relatively guessable (health, stamina and defense) there are two stats named Attack and Strength which I cannot for the life of me figure out how they differ from eachother. And I'm a 20-year old who's relatively RPG-savvy, I can't imagine how a kid's supposed to figure this out.

So yeah, Invizimals should be one to avoid.

I want Gundam Breaker.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, the game includes a second set of the default pack of AR cards. Except they're twice as flimsy because they're half the thickness of the normal ones. And yet they glare less so they're more useful in sunny environments. How odd it takes one step back, and one step forward.

co1onel

Welcome!

I didn't see a cable in that video. Also Shu said that you can play co-op with remote play, which wouldn't work if the PS4 screen shut off.

BlueMaxima said:
EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, the game includes a second set of the default pack of AR cards. Except they're twice as flimsy because they're half the thickness of the normal ones. And yet they glare less so they're more useful in sunny environments. How odd it takes one step back, and one step forward.

Aw, shame, I was hoping it came with some fancy exclusive AR cards or something. I tried the demo of it and... eh. Best part was the silly Mega CD style real-actor-pasted-onto-rendered-background FMV.

Was thinking my 50th retail Vita game would be Tearaway or Akiba's Trip 2, but nope, this arrived. I'd already forgotten about ordering it; it was one of Play-Asia's daily specials a while back.

QrLE42D.jpg

First Korean edition of a game for the collection. I like how Namco released four versions of this game on Vita yet none of them have an English option. (*゚ー゚)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Welcome!

The PS4 mirrors whatever happens on the Vita. It's continuously outputting video. The cable is for... reasons that have nothing to do with Remote Play.

And that's a Sony TV. They have new ones with ludicrously low input lag. And if it's anywhere in sync it should be more than just playable.

Steel

Banned
iMxJjwNoRZuwA.gif

No I haven't. But my body is ready.

Skyzard

Banned
The PS4 mirrors whatever happens on the Vita. It's continuously outputting video. The cable is for... reasons that have nothing to do with Remote Play.

And that's a Sony TV. They have new ones with ludicrously low input lag. And if it's anywhere in sync it should be more than just playable.

Hmm guess I'll have to find away to pay that amazon pre-order after all. Thanks!

I didn't see a cable in that video. Also Shu said that you can play co-op with remote play, which wouldn't work if the PS4 screen shut off.

It was right at the bottom of the video they almost cut it off the frame from what I remember. That is true and I know second screen play is an option but I figured that looked like the normal mode - may have read too much into that sony video that explained it freed up the tv and turned the image off. Even better that it can handle both no matter what!

Aw, shame, I was hoping it came with some fancy exclusive AR cards or something. I tried the demo of it and... eh. Best part was the silly Mega CD style real-actor-pasted-onto-rendered-background FMV.

Was thinking my 50th retail Vita game would be Tearaway or Akiba's Trip 2, but nope, this arrived. I'd already forgotten about ordering it; it was one of Play-Asia's daily specials a while back.

QrLE42D.jpg

First Korean edition of a game for the collection. I like how Namco released four versions of this game on Vita yet none of them have an English option. (*゚ー゚)

This game looks so fun from the videos I saw, real shame there's no english option...let us know how you like it even still please.

Tizoc

I just noticed God Eater Burst is on sale for $12.99 :O
Has it ever gone lower than that? Or should I just jump the gun and get it in preparation of GE2 (whenever I decide to import that)

Bamco stuff rarely go on sale, so I would suggested grabbing it at that price. You could hold off though, but I don't recall GE Burst going on sale at all this entire year up til now.

Tizoc

Wasn't it free on PS+ at one point?

Yes, but i believe it's not anymore, Plus freebie offers expire after all.
I'm still waiting fro Bamco to give the PSP Ace Combat game as a Plus freebie seeing how they've given 3 of their PSP games as Plus freebies already.

co1onel

It was right at the bottom of the video they almost cut it off the frame from what I remember.

I looked really hard and it still doesn't look like there is a cable there to me. Its a retail Vita too, so there can't anywhere to plug anything in on the right side where its cut off.

Edgeward

So unfortunate and embarrassing that there is so much stutter on Jetpack Joyride. I would've kicked some cash their way, but this is just terrible

Takao

Banned
So unfortunate and embarrassing that there is so much stutter on Jetpack Joyride. I would've kicked some cash their way, but this is just terrible

It's unfortunate too, because the version that kept crashing ran a lot better in terms of the frame rate.

I'm using that TV. It's worth every penny.

Also the first TV for me that actually doesnt give you ludicrous lag times if you use the filters. I'm using the movie mode and it's pretty awesome.

Top Bottom