• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Any reason my vita pauses downloads when it goes to sleep? No matter what I have the wifi power save settings set to it refuses to download once I put down the system.

~sent from my PSVita <3
It's a known bug with no real solution or acknowledgement from Sony

Some people get it while others don't. Personally I've never encountered it.

joe2187

Banned
Found a pre-owned Vita for around 160 usd with a 32 GB memory card and 2 games.. Should i go or it..? Was really looking forward to buying the 2000 model but with no announcements for a release in my region.. Im considering getting this till the 2000 model comes out..

Yep, the older model is better and considering the cost of the 32GB memory card, you're practically getting it for free.

Now that the PS4 is out, any chance we see a more regular update time for the PlayStation Store?
totally thought that would be a thing.

It's a known bug with no real solution or acknowledgement from Sony

Some people get it while others don't. Personally I've never encountered it.

Geez! I was happy to be done with the download freeze and now this issue pops up. When I take the system out of sleep it shows my download as "paused". This makes it really hard to download larger games without wasting battery on keeping the screen lit up.

I wonder if a format of the system settings would help...

Tizoc

Now that the PS4 is out, any chance we see a more regular update time for the PlayStation Store?
totally thought that would be a thing.

3jeky.gif

Flandy

With Strangers Wrath HD Vita being a PS+ title it reminded me that Munch's Oddysee HD was supposed to release on Vita as well was it not? What ever happened to that?

RpgN

With Strangers Wrath HD Vita being a PS+ title it reminded me that Munch's Oddysee HD was supposed to release on Vita as well was it not? What ever happened to that?

It seems like the developers like to pretend it doesn't exist anymore. A least they're still mentioning New 'n tasty on the vita I guess, for now.

Went and picked up Tearaway right after my exams ended today.

That's the keyring you get for preordering =D (Sorry for the bad phone photos)

I'm loving it so much at the moment, this game is so ridiculously charming.
(I mean who doesn't like confetti?) Colours just look phenomenal on the OLED.

Need more vitacats on my friends list! PSN is shadowflame8

Corrosive, I just discovered an option you'd appreciate
0USixRV.jpg

Tizoc

It seems like the developers like to pretend it doesn't exist anymore. A least they're still mentioning New 'n tasty on the vita I guess, for now.

JAW games tend to always release their games late, Not to mention they're a small staff.

The Vita ver. of Stranger's Wrath was done by less than 5 people, not to mention they are focusing now on New n' Tasty, which even THAT I expect to be delayed.
They do good work either way though so they can take their time IMO.

Tizoc

Oh and I recently defeated Raijin in Muaramasa Rebirth...okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
At least Fuujin comments who he appreciates dat ass

maouvin

Remote play update:

PS4 wifi on, Vita wifi on - PS4 main menu works very well, but there are quite a few graphical glitches and lag when playing Resogun. Sometimes Resogun doesn't even get past the loading screen before I get some "connection is too slow" error.
PS4 wifi off, Vita wifi off - No go. It seems that the Vita's Wifi has to be on for remote play to work. This is what I was doing wrong before.
PS4 wifi off, Vita wifi on - Everything works well. Resogun runs very smoothly on the Vita, and input lag is minimal. I'm going to assume this is what people mean by direct link.

I'm seriously impressed. Now I just have to wait for my first retail game to arrive.

By "PS4 wifi" you mean "Connect Directly with PS Vita", aye? Or something else?
PS4 arrived yesterday and I spent all the few hours I got with it on Res0gun and Contrast, so I'll only be able to test remote thingies later today.

Oh and I recently defeated Raijin in Muaramasa Rebirth...okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
At least Fuujin comments who he appreciates dat ass

I'm amused with how DC's art got so bashed for life and hometown while Muramasa had no such problem. Guess the reviewers never reached Raijin or the snow ghosts.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So the "big" game of the moment is Tearaway huh.

Too bad my money has been used up for importing and I still feel a bit of a kick due to ATLUS news... anyways, how big is the digital download... I think I am gonna get the digital version although most probably not for quite a while.

co1onel

So the "big" game of the moment is Tearaway huh.

Too bad my money has been used up for importing and I still feel a bit of a kick due to ATLUS news... anyways, how big is the digital download... I think I am gonna get the digital version although most probably not for quite a while.

976MB in US, and I think its 1.3GB in EU

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
What is that supposed to mean?
Exactly what he said? Well, the way I take it is that the biggest game right now will be Tearaway. And the biggest game for the PS4 was Resogun. It's not far fetched to believe one of the XB1 titles ( I have no idea what their launch line up is ) will instead be the big one instead of a AAA title.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a 32 gig memory card at a shit price (Norway ...), but it should be enough to keep me covered for ps+ and a handful of titles at the same time? I'd really prefer to be all digital on vita

I hope it gets here before friday and Tearaway :)

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
It's kind of sad that once Tearaway is out the next big western exclusive Vita game is ... uh ... Murasaki Baby?

Yea my thoughts exactly :/ Hopefully something will be announced soon. As much as I will love the PS4 accessory role of the Vita I still need stuff on the train to play!

killatopak

Gold Member
You can add me, I'm on a lot. :)

You try to challenge me for the throne of shame but you don't add me?

Shame on you.

I'm sorry master but I don't know your PSN ID so I couldn't add you. It also doesn't help that you haven't mentioned it in this thread(IIRC) and is not on the list of IDs that perorist gave earlier.

daxy

Very close to picking one of these up with the 10 game mega pack. So from what I understand, if I sign up for Plus I'd get Stranger's Wrath and Motorstorm. Do the free games alternate every month or are there games that are always in the instant game collection?

Still figuring this whole Vita thing out, so excuse me if this is commonly known :p

Mario007

Very close to picking one of these up with the 10 game mega pack. So from what I understand, if I sign up for Plus I'd get Stranger's Wrath and Motorstorm. Do the free games alternate every month or are there games that are always in the instant game collection?

Still figuring this whole Vita thing out, so excuse me if this is commonly known :p
There's 2 permanent titles, Uncharted and Gravity Rush, and then other titles get recycled every month,

Siegmeyer

Hello fellow Vita owners, I joined your ranks yesterday after a UK deal that was too good to pass up. Only spent a couple of hours actually using it, had to do an update that failed twice initially, then some more time downloading free Plus games and moving them across from my PS3.

A few initial thoughts:

It's one sexy piece of hardware, it really is. Love how it looks from virtually any angle. Still need to get accustomed to the feel of it though. After years with nothing but controllers, I'll need some time to get used to the small layout area and the mini analogues.

The D-pad is phenomenal. Thanks to GAF, I already knew how positive people were towards it, but you don't know how good it is until you've actually tried it. Jumped into SFxTekken for 5 minutes and couldn't believe how easy it was to pull consistent dragon punches.

Still haven't found the ideal way to hold it. To get maximum 'feel of control' with both thumbs on the analogues, my index fingers are tucked behind the Vita. If I rest my indexes on the L&R buttons, I feel I have less control on the analogues, and the whole unit wants to tilt slightly away from me.

Web browser seems functional, way better than PS3 but is not a patch on the Wii U browser. However, it has a much better range.

Is it supposed to come with a user manual? I got a Guarantee booklet, a Safety Advice booklet, and a 2 page Quick-Start guide, but no in-depth user manual. Oh, and what the hell are these Augmented Reality cards?

The OLED screen is amazing, but every man and his dog already knew that.

I have Uncharted, SFxT, Gravity Rush and Touch my Katamari on it at the moment. Still have quite a few others queued up on Plus for when I need them, like Sine Mora and Unit 13. Only played about 10 minutes on each (except Katmari, haven't tried that yet), but am loving it so far. Thanks GAF, this is now the second console I have bought that wouldn't have even been on my radar were it not for this forum (other is Wii U). The fact that I got amazing deals on both thanks to eagle-eyed GAFers makes it even sweeter!

Tizoc

Welcome to the club Siegmeyer!
Keep in mind majority of PSX games on EU PSN are 50 Hz, but the PSX emulation of the Vita is fantastic: Game doesn't have Analog support? Assign the D-pad buttons to the left or right stick~

Check out the PSP library as there are some good jRPG PSP games on there if that interests you, otherwise PSP games run and look good on dat OLED screen.

OG Loc

I'm totally hopping on the eBay Black Friday $150 Vita deal (unless Amazon comes through with something better). Hola VitaBros

Top Bottom