• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

leroidys

Thanks, the web store worked but it won't let me download it from my history on the vita.

I wish sony would make the store not shit.

RalchAC

But it's Adventure Time man. I love it. I'm a fan of the series.

I'll act as if that's tweet has been sent by a Bandai employee, not Namco. That way I can still buy new Tales of games day one... xD

Import it first then it will be localized.

I suggest every VitaGAF member gives 1/2 euros to Laughing Banana in order to import the game. It will be like Kickstarting a localization xD
___

Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys!

I've just entered in my Amazon account. It says Tearaway will arrive today before 18.30!

Shit, just when I have a 3 hours long exam :(

zulux21

just a heads up there is a 32gb vita memory card on the amazon warehouse for $43.17... I would link but I am to lazy to find a link without the cag referrer tag added in :p

nevermind it's gone, just like a $16 persona 4 is gone as well lol

Thanks, the web store worked but it won't let me download it from my history on the vita.

I wish sony would make the store not shit.

I had a similar problem with Sound Shapes.
Did you have to claim the PS4 version through the webstore? I had to do that because it was the only version marked free. After claiming it, the other versions went back to being shown as purchased.

zulux21

perhaps it has already been posted here, but i am seeing that you can get Warhawk, Twisted Metal and Destruction Derby for free if you have a ps3 and don't mind using ps home.

from reddit

Free Warhawk, Twisted Metal and Destruction Derby on PS Home (yeah, take the risk)
There is a new PS4 area where you can easily win three PS1 titles. Jump on the Giant Vita inside the new PS4 Area, then the "Quest for Greatness" that is there and that will take maybe 10 minutes or so. You will get three redeemable codes for doing so, The games are playable on PS3 and Vita..
Also

seems to be NA only

How different is Kisuke's gameplay from Momohime/Jinkuro in Muramasa?

The main difference is the story (completely different) and the levels/boss fights which again are completely different. Well worth playing through in my opinion. Combat is similar though, only really difference is that the swords you get will have different attributes and special moves assigned to them.

Tizoc

^Just as I thought. Well for now I'll hold off playing it. I think I'll let my brother play through Kisuke's story mode whenever he gets back.

perhaps it has already been posted here, but i am seeing that you can get Warhawk, Twisted Metal and Destruction Derby for free if you have a ps3 and don't mind using ps home.

from reddit

seems to be NA only

Will install Home when I get...home.

nampad

Just asking, have you accepted the new ToS regarding the friend limit?

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized this problem lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719673

Thank you Vitabros and fuck you Sony. This is the second time this month something shitty like this happens. My Vita doesn't work anymore because they change something but they don't inform me about it so I have to go online and ask around? Thank god I know my way around.

In other news, I can't use the 3 month Music Unlimited for €3 promotion they are constantly mailing me about because I either don't have/had premium (I do and it is why they are mailing me because it runs out) or not enough money (I have over 100 bucks of credit on my account) according to the webstore. Just on a small note they inform me about the need of a credit card instead of making it the error message.

What a mess of an user exerience.

zulux21

Will install Home when I get...home.

just ran though this myself.
just a heads up you will have to do a home start up thing, where if you used home a while ago upload your data, then make a new avatar, then get stuck in the intro stuff, then finally be able to go to the hub, and then find the ps4 area, and then find the giant vita, and then run around a lot. You get destruction derby pretty fast, and then warhawk. Twisted metal is your final prize. Luckily when it takes you to a different screen to see trailers for games and what not you don't have to watch the trailers just back out to the mini game.

all in all worth the 10 min of effort to get the codes to give away later this year to people :p

Shoyz

Wow, NISA is charging $40 for only Danganronpa 1? I thought they were splitting it into $20 downloads.

You can pick up the Japanese 1+2 for $44 right now :x

leroidys

I had a similar problem with Sound Shapes.
Did you have to claim the PS4 version through the webstore? I had to do that because it was the only version marked free. After claiming it, the other versions went back to being shown as purchased.

Hmm interesting I'll try that. Thanks!

from reddit

seems to be NA only

Original Twisted Metal or PS3 game?

Tizoc

Wow, NISA is charging $40 for only Danganronpa 1? I thought they were splitting it into $20 downloads.

Localization and license costs I guess?
Does anyone know how big Dangan Ronpa 1 is on JPN PSN please?

just ran though this myself.
just a heads up you will have to do a home start up thing, where if you used home a while ago upload your data, then make a new avatar, then get stuck in the intro stuff, then finally be able to go to the hub, and then find the ps4 area, and then find the giant vita, and then run around a lot. You get destruction derby pretty fast, and then warhawk. Twisted metal is your final prize. Luckily when it takes you to a different screen to see trailers for games and what not you don't have to watch the trailers just back out to the mini game.

all in all worth the 10 min of effort to get the codes to give away later this year to people :p

So all in all 30 mins. for me to get all that done once Home's installed and updated =P

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

The difference is that in Japan it's an "HD" rerelease of the PSP games which were $60 each at the time while it's a brand new game in the West. It's worth the $40 anyways, the port is really well done.

rav

I want to buy Tearaway, but my 8GB card is pretty full. I've been downloading everything to my PS3 too.

Should I buy it digitally, or retail? With digital I'd download it to PS3 for backup and transfer different software. But as I don't have any retail games, I'm wondering why I should ever buy retail? (space permitting)

Tecmo Koei's planning on launching a Toukiden blog next week~

BZllVnYIEAAnMUE.jpg:large

Also the game was classified yesterday for an Australian release.

Novocaine

Tizoc

I want to buy Tearaway, but my 8GB card is pretty full. I've been downloading everything to my PS3 too.

Should I buy it digitally, or retail? With digital I'd download it to PS3 for backup and transfer different software. But as I don't have any retail games, I'm wondering why I should ever buy retail? (space permitting)

Are you EU or US PSN?
If you're US PSN, it's 900 MB on US PSN, but unless you would upgrade to a 32 or 64 GB mem. card, getting retail lets you have dat Boxart cover.

Shinriji

Got to the first ending in Muramasa (Momohime), and I don't really know why people complain about the game being repetitive and the combat isn't deep. I slashed fools up and down, just like an aerial rave in MvC, and always was finding new ways to add additional hits on air. Began on chaos, bosses were challenging but not cheap.

Incredible game. Feels like an advanced NES Ninja Gaiden or The Legend of Kage. Gonna plat for sure.

rav

US PSN. I have a 4GB card for JPN PSN too.
I realize now that I regret not purchasing psp games digitally. But I don't think that was an option at launch?

I'll get it digitally. Thanks!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
does anyone have a ps3?

apparently if you go to ps home you can win Twisted Metal and two other psx games for your Vita

if anyone is feeling charitable and doesn't want em.... : )

OK so go buy it and read it Japanese

OH WAIT

smh, do people not realize localization costs a lot, and is a big risk for a niche title?

That same site. I don't trust them for sensitive data either but being banned by GAF doesn't make it less accurate for this argument. Unless they are off by a multiplier of 3 then the fact is the game didn't sell well in the West.
They and their numbers are banned from GAF because they've repeatedly been proven inaccurate, and citing them is generally not something you want a moderator to catch you doing.

Number45

will tearaway be up on psn tomorrow?
Which region? It's already available to pre-order and download in EU regions (and fully available in AU/NZ) so it should unlock first thing tomorrow morning.

For US, I think the assumption is that it will be made available tomorrow.

hEist

Which region? It's already available to pre-order and download in EU regions (and fully available in AU/NZ) so it should unlock first thing tomorrow morning.

For US, I think the assumption is that it will be made available tomorrow.

EU store midnight launches are usually up at 1:00 CET because the PSN team sits in England. This is one of Sony's biggest games, it should be online tonight.
My preorder unlocks at 0:00 CET :)

Should be up tomorrow on EU PSN at least.

thanks guys.
pre-ordered it :)

Number45

I've been playing some Little Kings Story this week. I like it a lot more than I expected to, although I'm not deep into the game yet.

I've been playing some Little Kings Story this week. I like it a lot more than I expected to, although I'm not deep into the game yet.

Great game! Pretty unique and enjoyable. Gets lots of flak for slowdown later in game, but its great if that doft of thing doesnt bother you much.

Top Bottom