• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Flandy

There any free game codes or super cheap games codes online for the PSN? Just curious if any companies do things like that.
I got Proteus for free because I had been talking to the dev a few days before it came out and when it did I was sad that it wasn't $10 and I was $2 short in my PSN wallet so I got a key from the dev if that counts :p

/stealth brag

Acid08

Banned
Plugged Vita in to charge while I'm playing Persona but forgot that I unplugged the cord from the power strip last night. Vita died and I guess I just lost 2 hours of grinding. Fuck.

Edit: OH SHIT GUESS NOT IT'S STILL SUSPENDED PRAISE BE TO VITA

Skyzard

Banned
You know, when people realise next-gen is mostly same-ish in the first few years (after they bought one), it's a good opportunity to plug the Vita as that next-gen feature. People will get lazy/used to the upgrade, Vita would carry that hype, ensure they keep buying games as it's convenient to play them.

People are right to downplay remote play for the massmarket at the PS4 launch. The consoles are expensive and new enough. But eventually they'll catch on. They will I say :p

remote play > kinect

//bouncing ideas to prevent a devastating thread

neoemonk

Plugged Vita in to charge while I'm playing Persona but forgot that I unplugged the cord from the power strip last night. Vita died and I guess I just lost 2 hours of grinding. Fuck.

Edit: OH SHIT GUESS NOT IT'S STILL SUSPENDED PRAISE BE TO VITA

Haha, that has happened to me with Disgaea 3 before. Love that about the Vita.

Any ideas on possible games that would be easy to play while riding a stationary bike at the gym? I was thinking of getting back into working out regularly and was trying to figure out something better than music to distract me while I get my cardio on.

I was thinking the Corpse Party games would be good as there's not a lot of coordination/concentration required. Any other suggestions?

Skyzard

Banned
Any ideas on possible games that would be easy to play while riding a stationary bike at the gym? I was thinking of getting back into working out regularly and was trying to figure out something better than music to distract me while I get my cardio on.

I was thinking the Corpse Party games would be good as there's not a lot of coordination/concentration required. Any other suggestions?

Lumines should be good? Pretty hypnotic. Maybe have a grip for it though. And wear gloves :p

Flandy

The Walking Dead and uhhh Dynasty Warriors NEXT, maybe Soul Sacrifice?

I'll take one too... if you make it so that Kisuke is directing his violence against Iota/Atoi. ;)

CDYL50V.png
- i don't expect you to use it since theres no transparency, but i thought it was funny.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You know what you must do.

Import it first then it will be localized.

The deed must be done.

But this game should have a very good chance of localization right? I mean, it's the hot thing in Japan right now and contributes greatly to Vita whoozing past 3DS this week in sales, so logically they should be confident in localizing this for us, even if it's digital only... right?

...but, Corpse Party is a game that requires concentration and atmosphere to be effective... I don't think it will be a good thing to experience Corpse Party games for the first time when you're doing cardio and stuff... the scary effect--which is like, the whole point of the games... will be drastically reduced, right?

Flandy

But this game should have a very good chance of localization right? I mean, it's the hot thing in Japan right now and contributes greatly to Vita whoozing past 3DS this week in sales, so logically they should be confident in localizing this for us, even if it's digital only... right?

Right now there's only a 2% it will get localized. However, if you buy it there will be a 100% chance of localization. You must take one for VitaGAF and import.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The main obstacles though are that GE Burst only sold a measly 30k in the west and the game has a good amount of voice work.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Right now there's only a 2% it will get localized. However, if you buy it there will be a 100% chance of localization. You must take one for VitaGAF and import.

If this game really never gonna be localized, I will import it, sure, my limited knowledge of Japanese language be damned. I have been dying for a good JRPG in Vita of this scale.

The main obstacles though are that GE Burst only sold a measly 30k in the west and the game has a good amount of voice work.

Oh... right... I am not thinking of this angle.

Damn. So it's not a big chance after all? I was fairly confident but... not anymore I guess... oh woe.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh... right... I am not thinking of this angle.

Damn. So it's not a big chance after all? I was fairly confident but... not anymore I guess... oh woe.
There's no way they could calculate you into the equation though. The laughing banana factor is as good as a silver bullet. You just have to buy it twice

cafemomo

remote play > kinect

Of course, but to the everyday person (i.e casuals) who will be picking up these next gen consoles, will they care about remote play? let alone know what a Vita is? At least they know about that nsa groin watching hardware called kinect because of all them dancing games.

What Sony needs to do is advertise the Vita heavily especially in the west. Not a lot of people are aware of the device.

The other day while I was at my local mall waiting for friends to arrive I was playing the Vita to pass by time. Someone (who was about a year or so younger than me, so either age 19/21) came up to me and said, "Wow! That is one nice looking device! Is that one of the new Nintendo handhelds" Handhelds are still synonymous with Nintendo in the west, and Sony should try to shake that up. They almost succeeded with the PSP til SCEA basically screw it with the thing.

I know the PS4 is at full force and Sony would be giving the thing it's full attention, but if they want remote play to catch on, they need to start advertising the Vita first. They can do what Nintendo does and set up mini events at various malls so people can experience them hands on.

Like Nintendo is setting up another mini event around Christmas at my local mall (Woodfield Mall), maybe Sony should set up a mini event on the otherside of the mall to attract people leaving from the Nintendo one.

Flandy

Up until this post I was sure they would localize it :(

If this game really never gonna be localized, I will import it, sure, my limited knowledge of Japanese language be damned. I have been dying for a good JRPG in Vita of this scale.

I was joking around with that post lol. I thought it had a really good chance of getting localized but then I saw the post about yours
LLShC.gif

cyborg009

Banned

...but, Corpse Party is a game that requires concentration and atmosphere to be effective... I don't think it will be a good thing to experience Corpse Party games for the first time when you're doing cardio and stuff... the scary effect--which is like, the whole point of the games... will be drastically reduced, right?

Well tbh it probably will since God Eater Burst came over to the states. If its a digital only and 40 dollars like EDF, I'll curse everything.

Skyzard

Banned
Fits nice I think:

Not long now.

Of course, but to the everyday person (i.e casuals) who will be picking up these next gen consoles, will they care about remote play? let alone know what a Vita is? At least they know about that nsa groin watching hardware called kinect because of all them dancing games.

What Sony needs to do is advertise the Vita heavily especially in the west. Not a lot of people are aware of the device.

Nope they won't. But what I'm saying is in about a year or two (or 3 :'( ) after they've bought the console, they might if Sony advertise the Vita well.
Right now they won't, it will work against them. They want to push the PS4. People don't have enough for both and the majority will go for PS4. Mention it but don't shove it down their throats.

When they get a little bored, when the lineup isn't great or they get used to next-gen, that's when you flood them with vita remote play ads. Brings them back into gaming (convenience) and buying PS4 games and feels like a next-gen device.

You're right about it not being advertised much (similar experiences but these people won't buy it anyway, the kids will of course but they don't have enough cash) but it won't be as effective right now - next gen excitement, lack of funds = deaf ears with phones to play on. Drop mentions of remote play now places an idea of future benefits.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well tbh it probably will since God Eater Burst came over to the states. If its a digital only and 40 dollars like EDF, I'll curse everything.

I'll buy it with the force of a thousand nuclear bombs regardless. 1st day too. Don't care if a week after that they offer it for free for PS+ >______>

The only thing preventing me from getting God Eater 2 is the local only multiplayer. I dont know anyone else with a Vita ;(

Who knows... maybe this will be like Valhalla Knight 3's situation. Buut anyways, I have people in my local Vita club to play with :)

Up until this post I was sure they would localize it :(

I was joking around with that post lol. I thought it had a really good chance of getting localized but then I saw the post about yours
LLShC.gif

Yeah, I am not that confident anymore *sigh*

And now, let us commence the guessing game.....

Shengar

I'll buy it with the force of a thousand nuclear bombs regardless. 1st day too. Don't care if a week after that they offer it for free for PS+ >______>

Who knows... maybe this will be like Valhalla Knight 3's situation. Buut anyways, I have people in my local Vita club to play with :)

Yeah, I am not that confident anymore *sigh*

And now, let us commence the guessing game.....

Parakeetman said that the game trophies are in english, so the probability for the game to get localized is quite reasonable. But considering the game anime-aestethic and monster-hunter genre, GE2 looks very unappealing for western audience. I'm not sure with the latter factor since I don't know how well Soul Sacrifice worldwide performance. Anybody knows about Soul Sacrifice worldwide sales data?

Acid08

Banned
Finding myself just running around at night in P4G just too listen to the music. Love it. This and the
Nanako dungeon
song are probably the only two pieces of music in here I like as much as the P3 music.

cafemomo

Finding myself just running around at night in P4G just too listen to the music. Love it. This and the
]Nanako dungeon
song are probably the only two pieces of music in here I like as much as the P3 music.

Heaven is really a lovely piece.

P4's music is pretty top notch, but I still prefer P3 at the end of the day. But I can't help myself humming Heartbeat heartbreak sometimes doing work

heartbeat heartbreak it keeps on pouring~

Acid08

Banned

P4's music is pretty top notch, but I still prefer P3 at the end of the day. But I can't help myself humming Heartbeat heartbreak sometimes doing work

:lol I do the same but with When The Moon's Reaching Out Stars :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Laughing Banana How about you import ore no shikabane wo koete yuke 2 Its really low on the bar for localization...

Huhhhh, this game seems interesting.

Parakeetman said that the game trophies are in english, so the probability for the game to get localized is quite reasonable. But considering the game anime-aestethic and monster-hunter genre, GE2 looks very unappealing for western audience. I'm not sure with the latter factor since I don't know how well Soul Sacrifice worldwide performance. Anybody knows about Soul Sacrifice worldwide sales data?

To be brutally honest, has there been any games that "appeal to the western audience" so far in Vita? And even if there were... like Killzone Mercenary or Uncharted or Need for Speed MW, for instance, it's not like they're doing any help to Vita's situation in the west :p

Nanako dungeon

Best music from P4 are: Mist and the Almighty, fact.

Shengar

Dat FeMC "A Way of Life" and "After School" track.

To be brutally honest, has there been any games that "appeal to the western audience" so far in Vita? And even if there were... like Killzone Mercenary or Uncharted or Need for Speed MW, for instance, it's not like they're doing any help to Vita's situation in the west :p
I think Tearaway to some extent (should) appeal to the western audiences. Western audience, as I observed, seems to love any platformer, not just Mario title, unlike Japan. The problem of handheld game lacking the appeal to western audience is that there is "handheld ghetto". Handheld pretty much considered as third tier gaming platform. Beside Sony's First Party Studio and Ubisoft, what western studio that made game for handheld this generation?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Where does that number come from? Because the only place I've found it is on a certain banned site.
That same site. I don't trust them for sensitive data either but being banned by GAF doesn't make it less accurate for this argument. Unless they are off by a multiplier of 3 then the fact is the game didn't sell well in the West.

cafemomo

dunno if you peeps have discussed this here in the earlier pages, but twisted metal ps1 and some other game are free if you do something in PS home

Top Bottom