• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't do the survey more than once, duplicate entries are deleted =]
:/ That's exactly what I did, so my first application that does not list me under Xbox One is what you have now. Any way it can be updated? I'm checking my e-mail obsessively for this opportunity.

Hey VMC, I think mine was sent under a different e-mail when I used the echo sign (since my adobe e-mail is different than my e-mail I use for VMC). Any help on this matter would be appreciated! Thanks!

Caayn

As you guessed it could take some time, Mat still has 326 NDAs to go through and the number is climbing ;]
Just send an email with that info to vmcmontrealcoordinators@vmc.com and we'll add it! We're also working on a different method to access profiles, look out for news regarding this for this summer! =D
Thanks for the response. Poor poor Mat.

Good to hear that you're working on a profile page(or something similar). I can wait till summer for my WiiU ID to be added, so I won't give you guys extra work :)

Computer

I filled out a survey a few days ago. I also got my NDA and signed it. I realize I put the wrong Skype information down due to auto fill. So today i filled out another survey. I just read that duplicates will be deleted. I sent an email explaining the issue.

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
just entered my application but didn't get any confirmation, normal? Also, is the xbox one thing still happening or is that finished?

We're currently processing many applications so it could take some time, but we'll get to it =]

Also, quick note to everyone - if you've applied a few days back and still haven't heard anything, make sure you double-checked the email address you signed up with. Just finally had some time to go through the postmaster delivery notifications, 35 addresses that bounced so far, most with typos in the domain (@gmai.com, @gmaiil.com, @gmail.con, @hotmail.comn, @hotmail.comq, etc) which can be resolved easily once we get there, but if the typo is elsewhere in the address, we won't go full-on CSI for that ;]

As for the Xbox One testing, it's definitely still ongoing! =D

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
Hey VMC, I think mine was sent under a different e-mail when I used the echo sign (since my adobe e-mail is different than my e-mail I use for VMC). Any help on this matter would be appreciated! Thanks!

Please re-submit it from the email address you've signed up with =]

fasTRapid

Banned
Once you sign the NDA, you're covered for all projects within our program. At this point though, of the recent applicants, only those with an Xbox One listed were sent an NDA as it's our current focus. Once projects on other platforms are available, we'll send new waves of NDAs to applicable candidates =]
Don't want to be that guy, but above everyones avatar there's a little + Icon, which you can click to quote multiple posts at once. You can also edit your post by clicking on the edit-button above your avatar. =]

SOLDIER

Hey VMC_GBTN, I already applied for the beta testing, but since I don't own an Xbox One I'll have to wait until something arrives for other consoles.

I just wanted to hear a little more about possible full-time positions, and sell myself a bit on my credentials. I own all major consoles besides XB1, I've been covering games (both reviews and articles) across several websites for over five years, and I've also started to look into streaming content as well.

Landing a full-time home-based job where I cover videogames would be a dream come true, so any info you can offer would be much appreciated.

Kinyou

Is this in any way binding? I'd love to try this, but there are some weekends where I simply don't have time or access to my console

Is this in any way binding? I'd love to try this, but there are some weekends where I simply don't have time or access to my console

If there is a scheduling conflict or you just won't make it, there is an email address to send that to so they know not to expect you for that specific test.

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
Hey VMC_GBTN, I already applied for the beta testing, but since I don't own an Xbox One I'll have to wait until something arrives for other consoles.

I just wanted to hear a little more about possible full-time positions, and sell myself a bit on my credentials. I own all major consoles besides XB1, I've been covering games (both reviews and articles) across several websites for over five years, and I've also started to look into streaming content as well.

Landing a full-time home-based job where I cover videogames would be a dream come true, so any info you can offer would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately at this time the only full-time jobs we can offer are on-site; however we're working on projects for at-home testers with longer hours, this should be announced shortly =]

Basically, as long as you reply to scheduling emails saying you can't make it before the test starts, you'll be marked as approved absent and still good to go for future test sessions. Also, if you're planning to be unavailable for a while (vacation, no console, etc) just send an email and we'll put your file On Hold until we hear back from you that you're available again =]

Thanks, I went ahead and printed a copy, signed it, scanned it, and then sent it via my correct e-mail to the VMC Montreal Coordinators e-mail. Hopefully that should do it then.

Sounds perfect!

Don't want to be that guy, but above everyones avatar there's a little + Icon, which you can click to quote multiple posts at once. You can also edit your post by clicking on the edit-button above your avatar. =]

Someone needed to be that guy. This account is new, I didn't know that. Thanks =D

Daffy Duck

WOW!

I can't believe that this thread has blown up so big and also got the guys at VMC involved.

All I can say is that my first experience was very professionally run and the communication from VMC over everything has been amazing.

I am really happy that I could get so many GAF members onboard. I hope you all have the experience that I had, and like I said earlier in the thread... breaking NDA's is not cool and will have serious consequences. Be aware of that and remember that this is paid, professional work.

NsTjXvS.gif

I'll echo that, the communication was great during the test and they have been great after as well.

SOLDIER

Unfortunately at this time the only full-time jobs we can offer are on-site; however we're working on projects for at-home testers with longer hours, this should be announced shortly =]

Sounds good. I was also wondering if you knew of any other sites/companies that do similar beta testing jobs.

jmizzal

Please send it back to vmcmontrealcoordinators@vmc.com as indicated in the email to speed the process up.

Hey I saw that it said duplicate surveys would be deleted, I already got accepted for future projects since I dont have a Xbox one and got a Tester ID.

But I went back to fill out another survey using my new tester ID since last time I didnt put my Steam name on it before I saw that it might be deleted. My Question is there another way for me to get my Steam name added to my account?

llehuty

Hey I saw that it said duplicate surveys would be deleted, I already got accepted for future projects since I dont have a Xbox one and got a Tester ID.

But I went back to fill out another survey using my new tester ID since last time I didnt put my Steam name on it before I saw that it might be deleted. My Question is there another way for me to get my Steam name added to my account?

Just send an email with that info to vmcmontrealcoordinators@vmc.com and we'll add it! We're also working on a different method to access profiles, look out for news regarding this for this summer! =D

Got a bit lax on signing my NDA but just did that yay! now to wait for the acceptance to come in hopefully. Feel a bit guilty now that I left it so late, and I just added to some poor fellas mountain of NDA's (and likely will wait now, oh well!)

I'm gonna confuse someone because my registered email for VMC is different to the one adobe printed on my doc (I have 2 gmail accounts, one for net use, one for professional "look not using my internet handle ma!" emails) I assume if they have my name, they have the deets to know who to send back to right? All the same will keep an eye on both accounts.

Kinyou

If there is a scheduling conflict or you just won't make it, there is an email address to send that to so they know not to expect you for that specific test.

Basically, as long as you reply to scheduling emails saying you can't make it before the test starts, you'll be marked as approved absent and still good to go for future test sessions. Also, if you're planning to be unavailable for a while (vacation, no console, etc) just send an email and we'll put your file On Hold until we hear back from you that you're available again =]
Ah, alright. That sounds pretty simple. I think I'll give it a try.

Did you also have "Employee Name _____” "Date_______"
"Employee signature _____"

All of them still blank at the end, just with

signature [your pic/mouse written sig here]
email [your@mail here]

at the bottom of the page?

Yes, those three spaces only. I filled in my name (using the "name" block, you have to drag it from the top to where you want to write it), date and then I signed ( the date also appeared below my signature) and that's all. No blank spaces for anybody else to sign.

I just received my Tester ID as part of an email about something else, so I guess I got accepted for X1 and other platforms I own. It'd be good if we could use it to login on a vmc webpage and read more about this Jobs/tests/projects.

yatesl

Please re-submit it from the email address you've signed up with =]

I've noticed that my original e-mail was sent from @gmail.com, although I signed up with @googlemail.com. Would that effect anything? I know there's a backlog, but I sent the NDA on Thursday night.

I've resent it from @googlemail.com, but I don't want to spam your inbox.

Logoth

Banned
I got the email asking containing a survey and a DXdiag request. Doing this QA stuff would be a perfect fit for me while I earn my IT certs; but a quick question: I've obtained two emails thus far - the initial Xbox one email and the tester ID / survey / DXdiag email. Do I need to do anything else to be considered? I'm hearing some NDA talk here and there but don't see an option to sign one.

Lucifon

Signed and submitted my NDA on the 28th March (Xbox One was listed on my application). Still not heard anything back :(

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
I got the email asking containing a survey and a DXdiag request. Doing this QA stuff would be a perfect fit for me while I earn my IT certs; but a quick question: I've obtained two emails thus far - the initial Xbox one email and the tester ID / survey / DXdiag email. Do I need to do anything else to be considered? I'm hearing some NDA talk here and there but don't see an option to sign one.

Basically, NDAs used to be sent to candidates who would be eligible to some testing during the length of the program, while now they're only being sent to those who can participate to active projects.

Once PC projects are confirmed, we'll send out updates and NDAs to selected candidates =]

Caayn

I got the same.

I don't need to to do anything until I get subsequent emails, right?
It's in the e-mail ;) Everything you need will be sent to you at least 48 hours in advance. If you can't make it in the given time frame you'll need to sent an e-mail notifying your absence.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's in the e-mail ;) Everything you need will be sent to you at least 48 hours in advance. If you can't make it in the given time frame you'll need to sent an e-mail notifying your absence.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That should be right, I was just wanting to be sure lol.

I hope I get to play something cool. Super excited, never done something like this before.

Yukiari

So I just got an email saying I was accepted into the xbox one program, yay. Will there be a seperate email saying which testing group and the times? I do see some type of scheduling in the acceptance email. Should I just wait to hear more?

Caayn

So I just got an email saying I was accepted into the xbox one program, yay. Will there be a seperate email saying which testing group and the times? I do see some type of scheduling in the acceptance email. Should I just wait to hear more?
If it's correct you'll see multiple play sessions scheduled. However only one of them should have a date that matches with this weekend.
There is a confirmed test for this weekend right? Anybody know what time?
If you've received an e-mail inviting you for the test you'll see an extensive timetable about halfway in the e-mail. Are we allowed to share play times?

Yukiari

If it's correct you'll see multiple play sessions scheduled. However only one of them should have a date that matches with this weekend.
If you've received an e-mail inviting you for the test you'll see an extensive timetable about halfway in the e-mail. Are we allowed to share play times?

I see that. I'm just wondering if you have to be invited into a test group. Trying to figure out if I need to bring my Xbox one to Boston with me this weekend.

Bsigg12

I was in the first session and remember them having a tentative schedule for this coming weekend. I haven't received any other emails besides one for another testing opportunity not associated with the first test we did.

Caayn

I see that. I'm just wondering if you have to be invited into a test group. Trying to figure out if I need to bring my Xbox one to Boston with me this weekend.
Don't think so, why else would you receive a time table? I think that if you receive a timetable that you're automatically invited to that play session.
I was in the first session and remember them having a tentative schedule for this coming weekend. I haven't received any other emails besides one for another testing opportunity not associated with the first test we did.
Good question. I'd assume that you're eligible for this test if you were given a schedule last week. The schedule I received is also a tentative one.

TriGen

Got accepted for XBO.

And yes there is a timetable in your letter. You just need to match to your time zone.

StillEdge

Just an FYI. If you leave your Xbox One on after the session is over you can still play even when the servers disconnect because you are already in game. I played for a good two days straight before going back to Titanfall.

yatesl

Feel free to add me on Xbox, for any Gaf-related testing: yatesl.

I probably won't be on to accept before Saturday, though.

Caayn

Just an FYI. If you leave your Xbox One on after the session is over you can still play even when the servers disconnect because you are already in game. I played for a good two days straight before going back to Titanfall.
Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom