• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsigg12

Is the offline mode thing new? I don't remember that in the emails. It makes sense, though. The servers seem to only be up before the test and a little after. Kinda sucks, but hey.

No, but it only works as he stated. Once the servers are down, if you exit out of the game entirely, I.e. start a different game or fully power down the system, then you'll lose the ability to play until the servers come back up.

Caayn

Is the offline mode thing new? I don't remember that in the emails. It makes sense, though. The servers seem to only be up before the test and a little after. Kinda sucks, but hey.
I'm with you about the servers, doubt that it'll change though. Keeping servers in the air isn't free and it only increases the chances for leaks. It would be nice, both from a personal and a business standpoint, to have the servers up a little early so people can get accustomed to the controls and gameplay.

Edit: To clarify, by offline mode I meant "appear offline" sorry for the confusion

SOLDIER

I confirmed I would be available Monday and Friday for the testing phases this week, but I haven't heard back for either day (obviously we're past Monday). Could you perhaps look into this for me?

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
I confirmed I would be available Monday and Friday for the testing phases this week, but I haven't heard back for either day (obviously we're past Monday). Could you perhaps look into this for me?
Send us your Tester ID & E-mail via PM and we'll look into it further =]

Only 40 people were selected. They said it filled up within 4 minutes of the emails going out. You probably just didn't respond quick enough like most of us.

djblue89

No, but it only works as he stated. Once the servers are down, if you exit out of the game entirely, I.e. start a different game or fully power down the system, then you'll lose the ability to play until the servers come back up.

Man, you don't know how many times I've booted up my console just to check to see if the servers are online just to get a bit more time with the game in.... I do the same with Project R as well, but no luck yet... Maybe someday..

-Deimos

Got a welcome aboard e-mail, sent them my dxdiag and never got a response :(

Which systems did you list? If you only listed PC, you're probably going to have to wait until the next PC test for a response.

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you get the welcome aboard e-mail? I got mine on the 3rd and never got a request to submit my dxdiag(I apply for PC) :/. I'm assuming its cause they have gotten so many applications and the PC tests were limited to a small portion of people but still..

I think you're supposed to email them your DxDiag if you didn't get an opportunity to upload it.

Got a welcome aboard e-mail, sent them my dxdiag and never got a response :(

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you get the welcome aboard e-mail? I got mine on the 3rd and never got a request to submit my dxdiag(I apply for PC) :/. I'm assuming its cause they have gotten so many applications and the PC tests were limited to a small portion of people but still..

Adry9

Which systems did you list? If you only listed PC, you're probably going to have to wait until the next PC test for a response.
I listed PC and 360, sent my dxdiag on April 16th.

I also got the e-mail on the 3rd, they never asked me for the dxdiag but they said here that we should send it to them anyway.

Pjsprojects

Is everyone getting replies from VMC?

No pm's on here or emails after questions asked on here and via email. Maybe I'm just not worthy :)

llehuty

Posting this here from the facebook page.

VMC At-Home Testing said:
Hi everyone!

For those who enjoyed Project M, we'll have another test this Wednesday, but 8h later than usual. We'll need to collect online IDs before the test so please watch out for your inbox if you were part of those =]

Everyone else: the next Xbox One test for Project D is on May 3-4 (1,000 testers, so many will finally receive news!) and there might be another PC test on Project R around May 14-15 (most likely the same group as last time, maybe a few more lucky testers) - details to come shortly through events here and through emails!

And as a heads-up we're planning for several more projects to come up this summer... confirmations to come, but we might finally see PS4 testing and maybe even the rebirth of PS3! Again - news to come through the usual communication channels =]

Cheers and see you online!
- The GBTN Community Admins

I also got the e-mail on the 3rd, they never asked me for the dxdiag but they said here that we should send it to them anyway.

Ah. I must have missed that post. I wonder if I should bother sending my dxdiag or just wait until(if) I'm contacted. Surely all of the PC spots are filled by now anyhow.

-Deimos

Ah. I must have missed that post. I wonder if I should bother sending my dxdiag or just wait until(if) I'm contacted. Surely all of the PC spots are filled by now anyhow.

They won't contact you for PC tests unless they have your DxDiag.

I just read some of the facebook posts and it looks like those who weren't in Project R are probably out of luck for the upcoming PC tests :( Sucks because if I knew we were supposed to send them our DxDiag beforehand, I probably would have gotten in.

so according to my email,

Greetings,

This email is to confirm that we’ve successfully received your file and listed you as an eligible candidate for the VMC Global Beta Test Network projects, and that you’ll be scheduled for the Global Xbox One Test Session for 1000 testers occurring on the weekend of May 3-4!

I havent received any information on this yet. Is this still happening? my NDA is up to date.

Caayn

Ouch, Session 3 for Project M is at 1 a.m. (CEST)
Ouch was literally the first thing I thought when I read that e-mail. Not complaining though.
so according to my email,
I havent received any information on this yet. Is this still happening? my NDA is up to date.
They'll, try to, send out the definitive details (download codes/times/moderators/supervisors/etc) at least 48 hours before the session begins.

Herne

Is everyone getting replies from VMC?

No pm's on here or emails after questions asked on here and via email. Maybe I'm just not worthy :)

I received an email on the 7th of this month telling me they'd received my application and that I'm now listed. Haven't heard anything since.

They did post recently that they were looking to recruit someone to help with the huge influx of testers and emails they were now experiencing.

I'm starting to think that perhaps I wasn't deemed suitable or something. Filled out and sent the survey off 2 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything. Oh well.

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
I'm starting to think that perhaps I wasn't deemed suitable or something. Filled out and sent the survey off 2 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything. Oh well.
Like our other fabulous members have said, we've been pretty swamped. There were maybe something like 1500+ NDA's to be processed (which are now completed!), 60 NDA's pending (also completed), and about 40 waiting to be resent for revision reasons (also already done). All follow up e-mails will be sent out in the following week or so.

Posting this here from the facebook page.
Thanks for being so awesome! =D

Ouch, Session 3 for Project M is at 1 a.m. (CEST)
Dates are tentatively scheduled as per our clients' needs. We get that it's not always the best of times, but we've got to be up at crazy times making sure everything is running smoothly before and after as well. For every person that takes part in the crazy test times, we appreciate the cooperation more and more.

We just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here for being so helpful and amazing and answering questions while we've been dealing with the back log. Thank you for reminding people about NDA's, and we continue to ask that you all remain vigilant and keep an eye out for breaches. You've all been awesome in your patience and we can't wait to see all of you this weekend. ;D

molnizzle

I received confirmation that my revised NDA has been accepted and filed, so hopefully I'm still booked for the Xbox One test this weekend...

Caayn

Heads-up for everyone who is in Project D. There's an update (7.8GB) for it, so if you're participating in this project it would be smart to download this update way ahead of time since it's quite big.

malfcn

This weekend still on? When can we expect an email. Probably Thursday? I've requested the weekends off from work and haven't got in the previous sessions.

This sounds like such a bad idea. Setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't get in.

I'm actually on "Use it or Lose it PTO" - So it's no loss to me. I'm getting paid to sit around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom