• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear that they are just swamped with NDA's. I sent out my e-signed NDA about two weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. Hopefully I didn't screw up anything. Will we be notified by email if we made a mistake with the NDA or application?

border

I just got the "Welcome Aboard!" email with the survey links to tell them about my mobile devices and submit my DXDiag.

It tells me that there is an Xbox One test this weekend. How do I get in? Will I just be randomly selected?

Caayn

I just got the "Welcome Aboard!" email with the survey links to tell them about my mobile devices and submit my DXDiag.

It tells me that there is an Xbox One test this weekend. How do I get in? Will I just be randomly selected?
You'll get automatically selected unless otherwise stated like the selection for Project M for example which only gave access to the 40 fastest responses.

If you have received any info on the test you're most likely in it.

How long did it take you guys from submission to getting that welcome aboard email?
A week orso, but that was before they got an ocean of submission.

Chuck

Still without luck
You'll get automatically selected unless otherwise stated like the selection for Project M for example which only gave access to the 40 fastest responses.

If you have received any info on the test you're most likely in it.

A week orso, but that was before they got an ocean of submission.

i'm never gonna get in :c

has anyone gotten the email to set up their paypal and/or done a testing and been paid yet? I did one a little while ago and got the email saying thanks and someone would email to set it up.

m23

Finally got the welcome aboard email, don't think I'll be getting in on the Xbox One testing. Seems like it's too late.

If you have received any info on the test you're most likely in it..

OK, so you'll just get selected then? I got my welcome aboard email today and it lists a test this weekend and another one later this month. Do they send you another email to tell you if you've been scheduled for a test or like how to register? What's the direct chat thing for? Should I be doing anything after I got the welcome aboard email or should I just wait for additional information from them?

Just got an NDA, pretty pumped. It's "in priority for the upcoming Xbox One AAA project". Does this mean they're rushing some people on board in time to test this weekend? Or do all NDA emails say that?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
has anyone gotten the email to set up their paypal and/or done a testing and been paid yet? I did one a little while ago and got the email saying thanks and someone would email to set it up.

Payment isn't until after the testing is completely done, iirc.

Payment is due 40 days after the testing is completely done.

People who are in this week-end (May 3rd/4th) Xbone's project testing, have you gotten your email with the specifics/download code yet? Nothing here yet.

After reading the NDA/contract I came to the conclusion that it would be detrimental for me to sign it so unless they change some of the stuff I won't be taking part in any tests unfortunately.

Skeleton

Banned
I just got my email but does the NDA come in a separate email?

I am confused, any help would really be appreciated!

Edit ignore me the other email just came through! stoked to get started!

Am_I_Evil

i signed the addendum on the 21st and have the email from before the last session saying i'm in for this weekend...though i have not received any new emails since...hopefully i'll get something soon completely confirming this weekend with any new info needed...

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Haven't gotten anything yet, though if the 48 hours in advance thing holds true, we'll be getting word today.

Caayn

OK, so you'll just get selected then? I got my welcome aboard email today and it lists a test this weekend and another one later this month. Do they send you another email to tell you if you've been scheduled for a test or like how to register? What's the direct chat thing for? Should I be doing anything after I got the welcome aboard email or should I just wait for additional information from them?
Jup, you'll just get selected. But if you've received details about a project you can safely assume that you're in it. (Don't hold it against me if it doesn't, I'm just talking from my own experience with VMC).

If you're in a test, you'll receive all the details you need prior to the test. VMC strives to get this information to you at least 48 hours before the test begins. This e-mail will contain all the information you''ll need to participate. Just make sure that you read it properly once you get it.
People who are in this week-end (May 3rd/4th) Xbone's project testing, have you gotten your email with the specifics/download code yet? Nothing here yet.
It's 10:00 where they're right now, so they've got a couple more hours to get the e-mails out the door. They've still got a full workday ahead of them. (Nothing here yet, but I've faith)

Wizman23

Banned
It would be nice if we were updated about this weekends XB1 test. VMC can't expect all of us to sit around and wait for a last minute email and ruin our weekend plans.

malfcn

I should be good this Saturday. But I realized I have a championship hockey game to play in Sunday! Hope the times are conducive to me participating.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Jup, you'll just get selected. But if you've received details about a project you can safely assume that you're in it. (Don't hold it against me if it doesn't, I'm just talking from my own experience with VMC).

If you're in a test, you'll receive all the details you need prior to the test. VMC strives to get this information to you at least 48 hours before the test begins. This e-mail will contain all the information you''ll need to participate. Just make sure that you read it properly once you get it.
It's 10:00 where they're right now, so they've got a couple more hours to get the e-mails out the door. They've still got a full workday ahead of them. (Nothing here yet, but I've faith)

Still nothing here...

bryanee

I had an email saying I was in this weekends tests but still no download code or any other information. Cutting it close.

Wizman23

Banned
My friends who I told about VMC after I signed up last month just got their info for this weekend. Still nothing on my end. Hopefully they are sending out in waves.

Logoth

Banned
Did one testing session with these guys nearly a month ago, haven't heard anything back from them since.

I guess I got fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom